Game day pizza and wings, tacos and dip, chocolate cherry ice cream, fresh-baked cookies...I've got the recipes for a totally vegan Father's Day! No matter the kind of food the dad in your life craves, these Father's Day Recipes are sure to get a thumbs up.
Father's Day is coming up, and these are the dishes that I know Bobby would love on a day that celebrates him! It was so fun to go through my archives and pull out the recipes that I knew dads, grandpas, uncles, and father figures of all kinds would enjoy. I have vegan and gluten-free Father's Day Recipes for every meal of the day, and each one is a huge hit every time! Enjoy, and happy Father's Day!
How about we start the day with something extra fun?! My favorite thing about these Father's Day Recipes for breakfast is how much my kids would enjoy helping me make them. Chocolate muffins, vegan and gluten-free Pop Tarts, mini pancakes, donuts...they would be just as excited as Bobby would be!
- The Best Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins with Vegan Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting (refined sugar-free)
- Vegan Toaster Pastries (gluten-free, paleo, refined sugar-free)
- Quick and Easy Mini Pancakes Cereal (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free)
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Baked Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Ganache Glaze (refined sugar free + nut free)
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes [gluten-free, refined sugar-free, nut-free]
- Smoothies: Vegan Salted Caramel Smoothie, Easy No-Nut Vegan Protein Smoothie (no banana and no protein powders!), Almond Butter Cup Smoothie (vegan + paleo)
Dude Food: Appetizer Recipes for Father's Day
Let's talk dude food! These are Bobby's absolute FAVORITE appetizers and snacks for game days or lazy afternoons at home. Buffalo Cauliflower Wings with Vegan Ranch Dressing are a newer addition to the site, and it was definitely the most fun Bobby has ever had helping me with recipe development since we tested several versions before we got the perfect batch!
Father's Day Lunch Ideas
I always try to keep lunchtime light on a day like Father's Day because I know we're going to have a big dinner! My go-to is a filling, colorful and delicious salad to tide everyone over while I prepare food. Most of these are easy to prep ahead of time as well!
- The Best Easy Greek Orzo Salad (vegan + gluten-free)
- Simple Greek Village Salad (Horiatiki: Tomato Cucumber Salad)
- Easy Plumcot Stone Fruit Salad (vegan + paleo)
- Creamy Vegan Cucumber Salad with Dill and Red Onion
- Broccoli Salad with California Avocado
- Mediterranean Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Lemon Olive Oil & Dill Potato Salad (No Mayo)
- Vegan Tzatziki Potato Salad
- Easy Vegan Watermelon Pizza
- Dressings: The Best Creamy Vegan Poppy Seed Dressing, Easy Mediterranean House Dressing (vegan + paleo)
I honestly think my family could eat Mexican food every day of the week and never complain. Tacos, tostadas, enchiladas...we can't get enough! Since I have gluten-free tortillas I love (Siete brand almond flour!), a Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce, and even an Easy Homemade Vegan Sour Cream, I can make pretty much any recipe totally allergen-free. Any one of these dishes would be a huge hit on Father's Day!
- Easy Vegan Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas (One-Pan!)
- Sheet Pan Veggie Black Bean Tacos
- Best Vegan 7-Layer Dip (paleo) with Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce, Chipotle Guacamole (Copycat), and Easy Creamy Refried Beans
- Easy Vegan Tostadas with Refried Beans
- Brown Rice Black Bean Salad with Mango and Avocado
- Creamy Vegan Black Bean Dip (5 Minute Recipe!)
- Salsas: Best Peach Salsa - quick and easy!, Strawberry Salsa, Salsa Fresca (Pico de Gallo), Strawberry Salsa with Avocado
Grilling feels like a really classic and nostalgic way to celebrate Father's Day! Bonus points if your partner or parent has a grill apron with a really terrible pun on it 😉 These are our favorite plant-based burgers, veggies and fries to make during grilling season. There's nothing quite like a bit of char from the grill to make your dinner perfect!
- Grillable Quinoa Black Bean Veggie Burger
- 'Rainbow Veggie Kebabs with Chimichurri Sauce
- Quinoa & Mango Stuffed Grilled Avocado
- California Avocado Veggie Burger
- Grilled Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
- Slaws: Easy Southwestern Jicama Black Bean Slaw (vegan), Garlic Cilantro Lime No Mayo Coleslaw Recipe, Vegan Summer Slaw
- Sauces: Easy Green Onion Cashew Sauce (vegan + paleo), Chermoula Sauce, Jalapeno Chimichurri Sauce, Three-Ingredient Vegan Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce, Easy Vegan Basil Pesto (low oil)
- Potato Sides: Mini Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic and Herb Vegan Aioli or Crispy Smashed Potatoes
Cheers to dad! These are some of our favorite mixed drinks, and since they can all be made into mocktails, they're perfect for the whole family. I've also kept them naturally sweetened, so they're free of refined sugar while still being full of flavor in every sip.
Pizza & Pasta Father's Day Recipes
If you've got a dad in your life who chooses Italian any time it's an option, these vegan and gluten-free pasta dishes are going to be the perfect Father's Day Recipes. These are easy enough to make for weeknights, but I love that they still feel nice enough for a special occasion, too.
- Easy Vegan Skillet White Pizza with Caramelized Onions, Roasted Garlic and Basil
- Easy No-Boil Vegan Baked Ziti with Veggies - One Dish!
- Orzo with Sautéed Veggies (vegan, gluten-free)
- Vegan Baked Feta Pasta
- Pasta Fresca (vegan + gluten-free)
- Grilled Veggie Pesto Pasta (vegan + gluten-free)
- Pasta Salads: Vegan Summer Macaroni Pasta Salad (no-mayo option), Best Vegan Mediterranean Veggie Pasta Salad, Creamy Broccoli & Zucchini Pasta Salad (vegan + gluten-free), Creamy Vegan Picnic Pasta Salad (no-mayo)
Truth be told, I could do an entire post of just desserts that dads would love for Father's Day! One of my favorite parts of having a blog like this is creating and sharing delicious, indulgent treats that people with allergies or dietary restrictions get to enjoy. However you're celebrating the dads in your life this Father's Day, these treats are for you!
- Cookies: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (refined sugar-free), Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake, Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies, Protein-Packed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Bars: No-Bake Almond Butter Chocolate Crunch Bars, Easy No-Bake Frosted Rice Crispy Treats, No-Bake Paleo Pecan Pie Bars, Blueberry Crumble Bars, Key Lime Pie Bars with California Avocados, No-Bake Vegan Almond Butter Brown Rice Crispy Treats with Dark Chocolate Shell
- Cake: Best Chocolate Beet Cake with Chocolate Ganache Frosting, Best Vegan + Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes, Easy Two-Tier Chocolate Sweet Potato Cake Made in Loaf Pans!, Chocolate Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting
- Frosting: Vegan Paleo Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting, Easy Vanilla Blender Cashew Icing
- Cobbler: Grilled Peach Cobbler, Blueberry Cobbler
- Chocolate lovers: Olive Oil Sweet Potato Brownies with Almond Butter Swirl and Flaky Sea Salt (refined sugar free), Fudgy Protein Brownies, Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles, No-Cook, No-Avocado Vegan Chocolate Pudding, Vegan Dessert Shooters
Since Father's Day is in June and it's beautiful outside, I love to have some fun summertime desserts ready! Even if we have another dessert planned for after dinner, it's nice to have popsicles in the freezer. Nothing tastes better after playing in the sun than a fruity frozen treat!
- Sorbet & Popsicles: Riley's Easy Tropical Sorbet, Easy Watermelon Popsicles (no added sugar), Vegan Berries and Cream Popsicles, Easy Dairy-Free Dole Whip (Pineapple Soft Serve)
- Fudge pops: Vegan "Nutella" Fudge Pops or Creamy Chocolate Fudgesicles,
- Ice cream: The Best Vegan Ice Cream Cake, Easy No-Churn Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream, Easy Blender Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream, No-Churn Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, No-Churn Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Cheesecake: No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake, No-Bake Cheesecake