This mayo-free potato salad is full of fresh spring flavor from bright and fruity lemon infused olive oil and herby dill. It is studded with crunchy celery and pungent, crispy red onion which makes each bite super satisfying. It is simple to pull together and is always a crowd-pleaser. Dads would love this side dish for this weekend’s Father’s Day cookouts.
I love to make my potatoes in my Instant Pot so I don’t have to stand over the stove. They always come out perfectly cooked when I follow the method outlined below. I also provide stove top instructions as well.
While the potatoes cook I puree the dressing ingredients in my blender and chop up the celery and red onion. The entire salad comes together quite quickly. I just toss the potatoes with the dressing and stir in the red onions and celery. It is best served when slightly chilled so I recommend making a couple hours before serving.
What makes this potato salad is the high quality lemon infused olive oil I use by Pomora. It is incredible and I highly recommend. You all know that I only share companies and products that I love and believe in. Pomora’s speciality olive oils are bold and complex with truly authentic and gourmet flavor. Their oils are obtained directly from olives and solely by mechanical means. They actually don’t have any physical stores and cut out all the middle men from the supply chain so more of your money goes to the farmers and into their local communities. Their farmers have generations of experience behind them and use traditional and sustainable farming methods. They respect the land which supports them and they take care of their employees.
Pomora’s extra virgin olive oils are pure and delicious. I have been using them exclusively in my cooking. If you are interesting in trying out their olive oils you can adopt your very own olive tree and receive quarterly shipments of premium quality olive oil from your adopted tree.
Each quarterly shipment of olive oil contains 3 x 250ml tins of oil. Typically, these are:
- Spring: flavored oils (e.g. 1 x lemon, 1 x chili and 1 x rosemary);
- Summer: classic extra virgin olive oil;
- Autumn: flavored oils (e.g. 1 x basil, 1 x garlic and 1 x white truffle);
- Winter: olio nuovo – young/fresh oil.
You can even adopt a tree as a gift. Be sure to use discount code: “EBE25” – which gives 25% off the cost of the first quarter of an Adoption.
Giveaway *Giveaway CLOSED*
And, for this recipe I’m giving away a quarter shipment of their premium extra virgin olive oil to one lucky winner! The winner will receive their spring pack which contains lemon olive oil, chili olive oil and rosemary olive oil (valued at $69 USD). I have personally tried each of these varieties and they are absolutely not to be missed! See my most recent Instagram post for details and to enter. Good luck!
This potato salad recipe is vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and nut-free.
If you give it recipe a try, please let me know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, and tag a photo @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook so I can see your creations.Print
This hearty, plant-based side dish is made with a zesty lemon-dill sauce with hints of garlic and dijon flavor. It is super fresh tasting, classic and always a crowd-pleaser. I provide both Instant Pot and stovetop instructions below.
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed and chopped into small bite-sized chunks
- 1/4 of a large red onion, diced
- 4–5 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup lemon olive oil (I love Pomora’s Lemon Olive Oil)*
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh dill, large stems removed (+ more for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- To cook the potatoes in your Instant Pot, place in the steamer basket with 1 cup of water. Cover with the lid making sure the valve is set to sealed. Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes. Natural release. To cook the potatoes on your stove top, place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a knife, about 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, prepare the onions and celery and set aside.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and process for about 20 seconds until well combined. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes have cooked and cooled, add the dressing and toss gently. Gently stir in the red onions and celery. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Cover and chill in your refrigerator until serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for 2-3 days.
*If you do not have lemon olive oil you can try adding the juice of one lemon (about 2 tablespoons).
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Side Dish
This recipe is brought to you in partnership with Pomora. As always, all opinions are my own. I only share companies I love and trust.