Touchdown! It's football season, and while I don't pay much attention to the games, I love any excuse to make good food! The Ultimate Vegan Football Food Roundup is filled with my favorite dips, appetizers, soups, and sweets to make game day a win every time.
Fall is here, and that means so is football! Full transparency? I'm not much of a football fan...it's just not my thing! Bobby LOVES the Ravens, though, and I love spending a day in the kitchen cooking, so it works out perfectly because I get to do my favorite thing while he does his!
Before COVID I really loved hosting viewing parties and making tons of food for everyone to enjoy. Even with just my family in the house, we still love having a variety of fun dips, snacks, and treats! Here are the recipes I love to make for game day. They're so good that even if your team loses, you're winning in terms of the food!
Don't forget a Fresh and Classic Margarita to finish it all off. In this post I've got Vegan Football Food separated into...
- Dips & Spreads
- Soups & Chilis
- Main Courses
- Brownies & Cakes
Dips & Spreads
You have to have chips and dip! I love hummus and dip all year round, so I get extra excited when it's football season and everyone else is excited about dips, too. I love using my Easy Almond Flour Crackers or Homemade Seed Crackers for a classic game day food! You can also check out my Favorite Gluten-Free Product Recommendations for more chips and crackers I love.
- Best Vegan 7-Layer Dip
- Creamy Vegan Black Bean Dip
- Three-Ingredient Homemade Honey Mustard
- Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce (a Bobby favorite!)
- Best Vegan Whipped Feta Dip
- Best Vegan & Paleo Ranch Dressing
- Jalapeno Chimichurri Sauce
- Quick & Easy Creamy Hummus
- Creamy Vegan Cinnamon Vanilla Fruit Dip
- How to Make Caramelized Onions for Vegan French Onion Dip (my personal favorite)
- Easy Homemade Vegan Sour Cream
- Chipotle Guacamole
- Salsa Fresca (Pico de Gallo)
A little more than a snack, not quite a meal? That's the game day sweet spot! I love making appetizers because you can make a couple without feeling overwhelmed, and it's a great way to play with new flavors and recipes you may not otherwise try. These dishes are the ones we rely on for gluten-free and vegan Football Food!
- Extra Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Sheet Pan Vegan Nachos
- Easy Vegan Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Best Crispy BBQ Roasted Cauliflower
- Actually Crispy BBQ Roasted Chickpeas (one of Bobby's all-time favorite recipes)
- Mini Peppers with Roasted Sweet Pepper Hummus
- Dijon Chickpea Fritters
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Baked Crispy Cauliflower Poppers
- Sweet & Salty Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Healthy Maple Candied Pecans
- Sweet & Spiced Roasted Chickpeas
Soups & Chilis
Since football season lands right in the crisp, chilly months, it's the perfect time to pull out your favorite chili and soup recipes. These are easy to make in the slow cooker, and delicious enough too serve with a side of chips for dipping! They also freeze really well, so you can prep in advance and then thaw and heat when you're hungry.
Nothing works up an appetite like cheering for your favorite team! At least...that's what I've observed, because like I mentioned, football doesn't really excited me. You know what DOES get me excited? Filling, hearty, vegan main dishes that have everyone in my house coming back for seconds! That's where these Vegan Football Food main courses come in. I love them, and I think you will too!
- Easy Cast Iron Skillet Pizza Crust or Homemade Gluten-Free Pizza Crust or Flatbread
- Crispy Socca with Avocado Mash
- Vegan Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
- Creamy Vegan Mexican Casserole with Quinoa, Black Beans, & Bell Peppers
- Vegan Walnut Taco Meat
- Easy Vegan Tostadas with Refried Beans
- Crispy Avocado Tacos
- No-Boil Vegan Baked Ziti with Veggies
- Easy Vegan Skillet White Pizza with Caramelized Onions, Roasted Garlic, & Basil
- Easy Vegan Baked Taquitos with Easy Creamy Refried Beans
When it comes to vegan football food, the side that everyone wants is...French fries! No problem. These fries, crispy potatoes, and tots are all so satisfying while pairing with your favorite dips. I've also got a Southwestern jicama slaw if you want something colorful, unexpected, and incredibly tasty.
- Actually Crispy Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Quinoa Tots
- Mini Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic & Herb Vegan Aioli
- Southwestern Jicama Black Bean Slaw
Onto the sweet stuff! After all that savory food, you need to have some dessert options for balance. I am a huge cookie fan and you'll find tons of varieties on my site, but these ones are my favorites! They're soft and indulgent while also being free of dairy, gluten, and refined sugar. Sweet teeth rejoice!
Brownies & Cakes
Brownies and cakes: perfect for celebrating a big win or eating your feelings after a loss. Top any of these with my Easy Vanilla Blender Icing, Easy Vegan Vanilla Frosting, Healthy Homemade Nutella, or Coconut Whipped Cream for a dessert that impresses everyone at the table.
- Easy Vegan & Gluten-Free Brownies
- No-Bake Vegan Almond Butter Brown Rice Crispy Treats with Dark Chocolate Shell
- Vegan Chocolate Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Sweet Potato Frosting
- Olive Oil Sweet Potato Brownies with an Almond Butter Swirl
- Easy Two-Tier Chocolate Sweet Potato Cake (Made in Loaf Pans!)
- Best Vegan & Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes
I hope this roundup helps you make game day food and Super Bowl celebrations delicious! Whether you're feeding the crowd or trying to find an allergen-friendly dish for one guest, I think there's something here for everyone. Please tag me #eatingbyelaine on Instagram and leave a review below any recipes you try. I have several other roundups for the fall that I think you'll love, and they're all vegan and gluten-free. Enjoy!