This Vegan Mediterranean Pasta Salad is loaded with flavorful veggies like red bell pepper, kalamata olives, green onions, grape tomatoes, red onions and cucumber. It is drenched in a quick and easy olive oil-based Mediterranean dressing that is made creamy with tahini. This easy side dish is loaded with incredible fresh and addictive flavors and will have your guests coming back for more and more.
A cold pasta salad is the perfect outdoor dining sidekick and perfect for summertime cookouts. This vegan and gluten-free spin on the classic Mediterranean pasta salad is a total crowd-pleaser. It is full of robust flavor and so satisfying. You can make this dish ahead of time for easy entertaining.
This recipe is really flexible. I made enough dressing so you could add more veggies or other ingredients if you like. If you do, you can adjust the amount of dressing to your liking. I recommend starting by pouring about half the dressing over the salad, tasting and then pouring more if desired. The amount of dressing can be a personal thing. Some like their pasta salads drowning in dressing and some like it more subtle. I’ll let you decide.
You could bulk up this dish with chickpeas and avocado for a more complete meal.
This vibrant recipe is the perfect plant-powered meal to take with you on a picnic, serve at a cookout or even make as a meal prep recipe. Not to mention it’s simple to make and tastes even better the next day as it marinates in the flavors and the veggies slightly soften.Print
This Vegan Mediterranean Pasta Salad is loaded with flavorful veggies like red bell pepper, kalamata olives, green onions, grape tomatoes, red onions and cucumber. It is drenched in a quick and easy olive oil-based Mediterranean dressing that is made creamy with tahini. This easy side dish is loaded with incredible fresh and addictive flavors that get better overnight.
- 12 ounces gluten-free pasta (I used Jovial brown rice rotini pasta found at Whole Foods)
- 1/2 red onion, diced or thinly sliced (about 1 cup of diced red onion)
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber (skin removed if desired)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced (about 1 1/2 cups when diced)
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, diced (or pitted black olives)
- 4 scallions, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley and/or dill, finely minced
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water to stop the cooking process and prevent the pasta from sticking together. You could also toss with a little olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- Add the cooked pasta to a large mixing bowl with the red onion, cucumber, bell pepper, olives, scallions and fresh parsley and/or dill.
- In a small glass bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until well combined and creamy. You may want to add fresh lemon juice or adjust the salt and pepper.
- Pour about half the dressing mixture overtop the pasta and veggies. Stir well to combine. Taste and add more dressing if desired. I ended up using about 3/4 of the dressing.
- Enjoy immediately or cover in an airtight container and store in your refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: vegan Mediterranean pasta salad
This post was updated with new photos (same exact recipe) in May 2020. Here are the previous photos: