This Vegan Mediterranean Pasta Salad is loaded with flavorful veggies like red bell pepper, kalamata olives, green onions, grape tomatoes, red onions and cucumber. It is drenched in a quick and easy olive oil-based Mediterranean dressing that is made creamy with tahini. This easy side dish is loaded with incredible fresh and addictive flavors and will have your guests coming back for more and more.
A cold pasta salad is the perfect outdoor dining sidekick and perfect for summertime cookouts. This vegan and gluten-free spin on the classic Mediterranean pasta salad is a total crowd-pleaser. It is full of robust flavor and so satisfying. You can make this dish ahead of time for easy entertaining.
This recipe is really flexible. I made enough dressing so you could add more veggies or other ingredients if you like. If you do, you can adjust the amount of dressing to your liking. I recommend starting by pouring about half the dressing over the salad, tasting and then pouring more if desired. The amount of dressing can be a personal thing. Some like their pasta salads drowning in dressing and some like it more subtle. I'll let you decide.
You could bulk up this dish with chickpeas and avocado for a more complete meal.
This vibrant recipe is the perfect plant-powered meal to take with you on a picnic, serve at a cookout or even make as a meal prep recipe. Not to mention it's simple to make and tastes even better the next day as it marinates in the flavors and the veggies slightly soften.
If you give it a try, please snap a pic and tag #eatingbyelaine and @eatingbyelaine on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook so I can see you enjoying your awesome creations.Print
Vegan Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This Vegan Mediterranean Pasta Salad is loaded with flavorful veggies like red bell pepper, kalamata olives, green onions, grape tomatoes, red onions and cucumber. It is drenched in a quick and easy olive oil-based Mediterranean dressing that is made creamy with tahini. This easy side dish is loaded with incredible fresh and addictive flavors that get better overnight.
- 12 ounces gluten-free pasta (I used Jovial brown rice rotini pasta found at Whole Foods)
- ½ red onion, diced or thinly sliced (about 1 cup of diced red onion)
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber (skin removed if desired)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bell peppers (red, orange or yellow), stem and seeds removed, diced (about 1 ½ cups when diced)
- ¾ cup pitted kalamata olives, diced (or pitted black olives)
- 4 scallions, diced
- ¾ cup fresh dill, finely minced (or sub parsley)
- optional: ½ cup vegan feta cheese, crumbled (I love VioLife brand)
- ½ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil (I used Pomora)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons tahini (make sure it is runny and not hardened)
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water to stop the cooking process and prevent the pasta from sticking together. You could also toss with a little olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- Add the cooked pasta to a large mixing bowl with the red onion, cucumber, bell pepper, olives, scallions and fresh dill (or parsley). Add the crumbled feta cheese if using.
- In a small glass bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until well combined and creamy.
- Pour about half the dressing mixture overtop the pasta and veggies. Stir well to combine. Taste and add more dressing if desired.
- Enjoy immediately or cover in an airtight container and store in your refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: vegan Mediterranean pasta salad
This post was updated with new photos (same exact recipe) in June 2021. Here are the previous photos:
Holy cow! This is phenomenally delicious!! The dressing is the best part and i was eating it on its own ?. Highly recommend making this!
Elaine Gordon says
Thank you SO much! I appreciate you letting me know :). I agree the dressing is the best part. I use it on everything for summer!
Lisandra Tabares-Perez says
This is definitely a crowd pleaser! So delicious, I wanna put this dressing on everything.
Elaine Gordon says
Thank you so much, Lisandra! I'm the same way with this dressing... I'm constantly trying to think of more ways to use it! The other day I used it for a Greek Chickpea Salad... cucumber, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, avocado, olives, vegan feta, chickpeas, red onion, green onion and the dressing of course! So good!
This is a fabulous recipe! I water sautéed some asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower, and added them to the mixture. I probably should have increased the amount of salad dressing, but it still was very flavorful. This will be a go to meal on hot summer days.
Elaine Gordon says
Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know! I love your spin on it too! I'll have to give that a try! I agree - it is perfect for hot summer days.