Start your day with something delicious! These Vegan Breakfasts for Kids have all been given two thumbs up by my three little ones, and they make it impossible to wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Every one of these recipes is dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, and even refined sugar-free!
Full disclosure: I am NOT a morning person! As much as I try to wake up happy and get a good start to the day with my three little ones, I tend to just function better at night. Since nutrition and well-rounded meals are so important to me, I've created breakfast recipes that make mornings as easy as possible! Smoothies, freezer-friendly options, and breakfasts that I can make in a few minutes are my favorites. This roundup of Vegan Breakfasts for Kids is filled with those recipes, all given the official stamp of approval by my favorite little in-house food critics! Make sure you join us on Instagram to see all of our cooking adventures.
In This Post...
- Grab & Go Vegan Breakfasts - For those busy mornings.
- Oats & Granola - Some of our very favorite recipes.
- Bakery - All gluten-free, of course!
- Muffins - They needed their own section!
- Pancakes - Perfect for weekend mornings.
- Smoothies - My specialty!
- More Resources - Posts & recipes perfect for busy families.
Grab and Go Vegan Breakfasts for Kids
Any recipe with "freezer-friendly" in the title is an instant win in my kitchen. I keep our freezer fairly well-stocked so we always have filling and tasty Vegan Breakfasts for Kids to start the day! We also LOVE energy bites, and they're so easy to make ahead of time that it's a fun way to encourage kids to help in the kitchen. They pack in so much nutrition while also tasting delicious!
- Freezer-Friendly Oatmeal Cups (vegan + gluten-free + nut-free + refined sugar-free)
- Lemon Coconut Energy Bites (vegan + paleo)
- Freezer-Friendly Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (vegan + gluten-free + refined sugar-free)
- Granola Energy Bites (gluten-free + vegan)
- Freezer-Friendly Easy Vegan Oat Bars
- Almond Butter & Jelly Energy Bites
- No-Bake Date Coconut Energy Bites
- Cookie Dough Protein Balls with Chocolate Chips (Gluten-free) or Grain-Free & Vegan Cookie Dough Energy Bites
- No-Bake 5-Ingredient Homemade Granola Bars
Oats & Granola
Granola is probably the food we make most often in our house (well, it might be tied with Quick and Easy Creamy Hummus!). We love to eat granola sprinkled over dairy-free yogurt, with The Best Homemade Almond Milk as a cereal, or just by the handful as a snack! We also love doing oatmeal on the stovetop for a quick, easy and filling breakfast.
Anything I can bake in advance and keep on hand is a win in our house! These Vegan Breakfasts for Kids are all gluten-free, delicious enough for a special occasion, and easy enough to make for a weekday. I think you'll love them!
- Nutella Pop Tarts: Vegan Hazelnut Toaster Pastries (gluten-free, paleo, refined sugar-free)
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Baked Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Ganache Glaze (refined sugar free + nut free)
- Vegan Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread (refined sugar-free + nut-free)
- Homemade Vegan Pop-Tarts Stuffed with Raspberry Chia Jam (gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free)
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Blueberry Crumble Bars
Muffins needed a category of their own! I love making muffins in all of our favorite flavors and variations, and some of these even have frosting, which gets a BIG smile from everyone in the house. All of my muffin recipes are made without gluten, and they're egg-free, refined sugar-free and dairy-free too! These recipes all freeze really well, so you just need to remember to pop them in the refrigerator the night before. You can even microwave them in the morning if you forget that step!
- Fluffy Lemon Blueberry Muffins (30 Minute Recipe!)
- The Best Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins with Vegan Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting (refined sugar-free)
- Easy Vegan Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins (Nut & Gluten-free!)
- Dye-Free Green Muffins (vegan + gluten-free + nut-free + refined sugar-free)
- Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting (vegan + GF + nut-free)
- Blender Sweet Potato Muffins (refined sugar-free + vegan + GF)
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Muffins
Pancakes are a must-have in any good breakfast lineup! My kids LOVE a stack of pancakes on the weekend, and I absolutely blew their mind when I made the Mini Pancake Cereal that was viral on TikTok.
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes [gluten-free, refined sugar-free, nut-free]
- Quick and Easy Mini Pancakes Cereal (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free)
- Dye-Free Green Pancakes (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free)
- Christmas Pancakes (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free and Nut-Free) - Reindeer, Santa, Snowman Pancakes
Smoothies for Kids
I had to stop myself from putting every single one of my smoothie recipes in this section! My kids will try almost any smoothie. Since I'm such a fan of smoothies that taste like desserts, they're always grabbing a straw to share what I'm sipping!
We like to prep smoothie bags or jars ahead of time for even faster mornings. Add all of the ingredients except the ice and plant-based milk into a silicone bag or glass jar, so in the morning you can shake it into the freezer, add milk, and blend! My kids are also OBSESSED with Raspberry Chia Seed Jam. They could honestly eat this by the spoonful! They like to drizzle it on top of their smoothies (or toast or yogurt!), and I love that they're getting tons of good chia seed nutrients and no refined sugar.
- Sunshine Smoothie
- Easy Healthy Strawberry "Milkshake" or Vegan Strawberries and Cream Veggie-Filled Smoothie
- Kid-Friendly Spinach Smoothie (vegan)
- Frozen Inspired Smoothie Bowl (Dairy-Free + Dye-Free)
- Healthy Birthday Cake Smoothie Bowl or Vegan Healthy Birthday Cake Smoothie
- Creamy Vegan Peppermint Patty Smoothie (paleo)
- Creamy Vegan Mint Chocolate Smoothie
- Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
- Vegan "Nutella" Smoothie Bowl
- Almond Butter Cup Smoothie (vegan + paleo)
- If you like fun drinks in the morning, you can also try Easy Homemade Chocolate Hemp Seed Milk or Blender Hot Chocolate. We love chocolate around here!
More Vegan Eating Family Resources
- The Complete Eating by Elaine Vegan Eating Resource Guide
- 115+ Vegan Blender Recipes (gluten-free + refined sugar-free too!)
- Foods I Prep Every Week!
- Healthy After-School Snack Board (Vegan + Gluten-Free + Refined Sugar-Free)
- Holiday Fun with Food: Halloween Fun with Food (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free), Fun with Food: Hanukkah Snacks Edition (vegan + gluten-free), Fun with Food: Christmas 2020 Edition and Fun with Food: Christmas 2021 Edition (vegan + gluten-free)
- Vegan Rainbow Recipes
- Ultimate Chocolate Roundup: 70+ Vegan Chocolate Recipes!
- Favorite Dairy-Free Swaps: The Ultimate Dairy-Free Resource And Recipe Guide
- Ultimate Gluten-Free Product Recommendations + Helpful Resources
- Healthy Comfort Food Recipes (vegan + gluten-free)
- Meal plans: Spring Vegan Meal Plan (Gluten-Free + Refined Sugar-Free), Easy Summer Vegan Gluten-Free Meal Plan + Helpful Grocery List, Vegan and Gluten-Free Fall Meal Plan, Vegan Gluten-Free Winter Meal Plan + Shopping List