These fluffy whole-grain and vegan blueberry pancakes are a decadent yet nutritious treat for breakfast. They are bursting with juicy blueberries in every bite. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and nut-free.
Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
This vegan blueberry pancake recipe has become our weekend tradition and the entire family just gobbles it up. I'm making a double batch this weekend for my always hungry party of five!
These blueberry pancakes are seriously fluffy and have the perfect texture. You would never know they are vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and refined sugar-free. They are naturally sweetened by a little maple syrup and then flavored with a touch of vanilla and cinnamon. The juicy blueberries are studded throughout and are just so warm and satisfying in every bite.
All About Blueberries
Blueberries offer a good source of dietary fiber and vitamin C. When selecting your blueberries, choose firm, plump, dry blueberries that are uniform in size and have a dusty blue color.
I love to top my pancake stack with vegan butter and maple syrup. You could also top with homemade coconut whipped cream, any nut butter or seed butter, raspberry chia jam, any fresh berries or sliced bananas.
I have used the same pancake griddle for the past four years and love it because it is large (fits over two burners) and is double sided so we use the other side for indoor grilling. Here is my affiliate link to the griddle. I highly recommend it for more efficient and even cooking.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free, egg-free and dairy-free. I hope you love these pancakes as much as I do. If you give this recipe a try, please let me know! Leave a comment below, rate it, and tag a photo @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook so I can see your mile high stacks!
@eatingbyelaine Your mom told me to tell you take make these vegan and gluten-free blueberry 🫐 pancakes for her tomorrow 🥞 #blueberrypancakes #pancakerecipe #glutenfreepancakes #veganpancakes #mothersdaybrunch #mothersdaybreakfast ♬ Mom - Meghan Trainor
These fluffy whole-grain pancakes are a decadent yet nutritious treat for breakfast. They are bursting with juicy blueberries in every bite. Serving size will vary based on how much batter you use per pancake.
For the blueberry pancakes:
- 2 cup oats (gluten-free if desired) [or use 1.5 cups of store bought oat flour]
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened, plain plant-milk of choice (I use oat or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- avocado oil or vegan butter for greasing the griddle
- Heat a large griddle over medium heat. While it heats up, make the pancake batter.
- In a completely dry blender, process the oats until a super fine flour forms. I prefer homemade oat flour over store bought in terms of texture so I highly recommend this step.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (homemade oat flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon). Whisk in the liquid ingredients (milk, maple syrup, vanilla) until no clumps remain. Gently fold in the blueberries. If you want to thin out the batter a bit, add 1-2 tablespoons more of milk and stir.
- Once the griddle is hot, use avocado oil or vegan butter to coat the griddle. Then, place ¼ cup of the batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook 4-5 minutes per side. To tell when it is ready to flip, look for bubbles throughout the entire pancake and golden brown edges all around. Once both sides are golden brown gently remove from the griddle to a serving tray. If the pancake does not lift off the griddle easily it probably just needs another minute. Re-grease the griddle between each batch. Serve the pancakes while hot with nut butter or seed butter, maple syrup, raspberry chia jam, fresh berries, sliced banana or vegan butter.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop