These decadent, fudgy brownies are absolutely irresistible. Everyone who tries them cannot believe they are vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and full of nutritious ingredients.
I'm going to be upfront, these brownies get their protein from beans. But, not black beans, although I have a black bean brownie recipe as well! Instead, these babies are loaded with white beans which give them a perfectly fudgy texture without any bean flavor whatsoever. They are lightened up with applesauce in place of some of the vegan butter and contain whole grains from the gluten-free rolled oats.
These ooey gooey brownies are beyond rich and take about 30 minutes from start to finish. They are made with simple ingredients and are seriously satisfying. I promise, you (and everyone you serve them to) will fall in love with this recipe. I make them over and over again. This is truly my go-to brownie recipe.
This recipe is gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, egg-free and dairy-free. My kids absolutely love this recipe too.
I hope you love these brownies as much as we do. They are so easy and utterly delicious. If you give them a try, please let me know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, and tag a photo @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook so I can see your creations!Print
These gluten-free and protein-filled vegan brownies are the ultimate chocoholic dream and are literally bursting with chocolate-y goodness in every bite.
- ½, 15-ounce can of cannellini beans (white beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 cup maple sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ cup dairy-free milk (such as oat milk)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter (or melted coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup mini vegan refined sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush a 8 x 8 baking dish or 8-inch cast iron skillet lightly with avocado oil or line with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a 7-cup food processor and blend until silky smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Then lower temperature to 350, and bake for another 12-15 minutes.
- Remove brownies from oven and allow to fully cool in baking dish before slicing. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to one week.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan Gluten-Free Nut-Free Protein Brownies