These vegan gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are so easy to make, and the result is a fluffy and flavorful treat that tastes just like the classics you remember from childhood!
I make these vegan gluten-free chocolate chip cookies at least weekly with my girls. They love to measure, stir and of course lick any leftover cookie dough. Since this recipe is egg-free and has no flour it is perfectly safe! If you're craving cookie dough, give this recipe a try. A batch of these cookies never lasts more than a day or two in our household. I have even served these to non-vegan, non-gluten-free crowds and have been asked for the recipe every time. People are always shocked to learn how healthy they are!
The Best Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is my current go-to vegan and gluten-free cookie recipe. I have many cookie recipes on this blog but here are the reasons I am loving this one now:
- The BEST consistency - they are soft-baked but ever so slightly crispy on the outside. They stay together perfectly and do not crumble.
- Healthy and allergy-friendly but no crazy ingredients. I wanted to create a classic cookie recipe that tastes like the real deal with nutritious ingredients that you more likely to have in your pantry already. The flour for this recipe is a 50/50 combo of almond flour and whole grain oats. Together, it's the perfect consistency, flavor and nutrition profile, offering whole grains, plant-based protein and healthy fats. I also went for vegan butter instead of almond butter which I use in many other cookie recipes. Almond butter is delicious too but I find the vegan, soy-free butter makes it a bit more decadent!
- Refined sugar-free and perfectly sweetened - I used just ¼ cup of maple syrup in the entire batch and was pleased with the level of sweetness. Maple syrup is unrefined making it a great option for a healthier cookie. If your chocolate chunks contain sugar you could go for a darker chocolate, which usually means less added sugar.
This cookie recipe is vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, peanut-free and refined sugar-free. If you give it a try, please let me know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, and tag a photo @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook so I can see your creations.
@eatingbyelaine Vegan chocolate chip cookie lovers REJOICE 🥰 🍪 #chocolatechipcookierecipe #veganchocolatechipcookies #veganbaking #egglesscookies #dairyfreebaking #vegancookies ♬ original sound - eatingbyelaine
These soft-baked gluten-free and vegan cookies are a classic in our household. They taste like the real deal and yet are refined sugar-free and full of whole grains, healthy fats and plant-based protein.
- 1 cup super-fine blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- ¾ cup gluten-free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegan, soy-free butter, slightly softened (I love Miyoko vegan butter or you can sub coconut oil)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup vegan and refined sugar free dark chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
- sprinkle of flaked sea salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add almond flour, oat flour, baking soda and salt to a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk to fully combine.
- Add the wet ingredients (softened butter or coconut oil), maple syrup and vanilla extract) and combine using a hand mixer. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a retractable cookie scoop, make 12 cookies (about 1.5 tablespoons in size each) and place on your prepared baking sheet. Add extra chocolate chips on top if desired. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaked sea salt if desired. Allow the cookies to cool directly on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to fully cool. They will harden as they cool so be sure to wait to handle them until they have fully cooled. Enjoy after they have fully cooled or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
Keywords: vegan and gluten-free healthy chocolate chip cookie