These Vegan Picnic Recipes are perfect for packing! Take them on a hike, to eat at the pool or playground, or to your next backyard potluck. They're all totally vegan, gluten-free, and naturally sweetened...in addition to being super tasty!
Are you a big picnicker? We practically live by the pool during the summertime, so I love having a couple favorite lunch and snack recipes ready to go for a poolside picnic! These Vegan Picnic Recipes are perfect for packing up in a cooler or lunchbox and bringing with you on an outdoor adventure. Whether you're making a beautiful spread to eat on a scenic mountaintop (jealous!) or wrangling hangry kids at the playground (same!), these are my favorite foods to pack and eat outside.
Vegan Picnic Sandwiches & Wraps
My outdoorsy friend suggested skipping bread since it gets smashed easily and instead packing a tortilla or pita for sandwich filling. I LOVE that idea, especially because I haven't found a gluten-free bread without other ingredients that I'm allergic to...but I use and love Siete almond flour tortillas all the time! Pack your wraps or pitas separately from the filling, then assemble once you're ready to enjoy...or eat these delicious recipes straight out of the container!
Sometimes you don't need to pack a full meal; you just need some snacks to enjoy outside! These are some of my favorite snacking recipes, and they would all be super simple to pack in a Silicone Food Storage Bag and toss in your backpack.
- Actually Crispy BBQ Roasted Chickpeas
- Granola: Vegan Gluten-Free Granola Bark, No-Bake 5-Ingredient Homemade Granola Bars (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free), Raw, Vegan Chocolate Filled Snack Bars, Super Seed No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars (vegan + gluten-free)
- Salsas: Best Peach Salsa - quick and easy!, Strawberry Salsa, Salsa Fresca (Pico de Gallo), Strawberry Salsa with Avocado
- Nuts & Seeds: How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds, Healthy Maple Candied Pecans (refined sugar-free), Sweet and Salty Roasted Pepita Seeds (oil-free),
- Crackers: Easy Almond Flour Crackers (vegan + paleo + gluten-free + refined sugar-free) or Easy Homemade Seed Crackers (nut-free, gluten-free, vegan, paleo)
- Mini Peppers Stuffed with Roasted Sweet Pepper Hummus
- Easy Vegan Watermelon Pizza
Easy Veggie Salads to Pack on a Picnic
Any of these salads would be so easy to pack up in a Mason jar or glass food storage container and put in a picnic basket! For best results store the dressing on the bottom of the mason jar.
- Jennifer Aniston Viral "Perfect Salad" Recipe (made vegan + gluten-free)
- Vegan Protein Kale Salad (nut-free + gluten-free)
- Watermelon Arugula Mason Jar Salad
- Simple Summer Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Easy Red, White and Blueberry Salad (vegan + paleo) or Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad
- Mediterranean Salads: Vegan Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, Vegan Mediterranean Quinoa Salad, Simple Greek Village Salad (Horiatiki: Tomato Cucumber Salad), or Mediterranean Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Mexican Salads: Easy Vegan Mexican Quinoa, Brown Rice Black Bean Salad with Mango & Avocado
- Quinoa Salads: Quinoa Tabbouleh, One-Pot Sweet & Spiced Quinoa Lentil Salad, Mango-Avocado Quinoa Salad with Toasted Pepitas
- Slaws: Vegan Summer Slaw, Easy Southwestern Jicama Black Bean Slaw
Pasta and Potato Salads
There are TONS of perks to going vegan, but in the summertime, you never have to worry about eggs or mayonnaise in a pasta or potato salad spoiling and making you sick! These salads are absolutely delicious and just bursting with summertime flavor. I'd recommend packing these up in a cooler or insulated lunchbox for the best flavor.
Bites to Pack on a Picnic
Bites like these ones are the FIRST thing that comes to my mind when I'm planning for a hike, road trip, or picnic! They are so easy to pack, they're absolutely loaded with nutrients, and everyone loves them. Most of these are so good that I would totally eat them as a dessert!
- Lemon Coconut Energy Bites (vegan + paleo)
- Granola Energy Bites
- No-Bake Fudgy Hemp Bites (vegan + refined sugar-free + gluten-free)
- No-Bake Date Coconut Energy Bites
- Almond Butter & Jelly Energy Bites
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Energy Bites
- No-Bake Flourless Brownie Energy Bites
- Sunflower Energy Balls
- Freezer-Friendly Oatmeal Cups
- No-Bake Birthday Cake Energy Bites (Grain-Free + Vegan)
Easy Picnic Desserts
Any good picnic needs to end on a sweet note! These cookies, bars, and brownies are all super easy to pack and would be the perfect treat to enjoy outdoors.
- Oatmeal Cookies: Cranberry & Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies, Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, or Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fruit Desserts: Lemon Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting or Blueberry Crumble Bars
- No-Bake Vegan Almond Butter Brown Rice Crispy Treats with Dark Chocolate Shell (gluten-free + refined sugar-free)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake, Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies, Protein-Packed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, Dark Chocolate Chunk Almond Flour Cookies with Flaked Sea Salt
- Brownies: Olive Oil Sweet Potato Brownies with Almond Butter Swirl and Flaky Sea Salt (refined sugar free), Fudgy Vegan, Gluten-Free and Nut-Free Protein Brownies
If you make any of these Easy Vegan Picnic Recipes I hope you'll tag me on Instagram so I can see the food you're bringing on your next adventure! You can also leave a review below any recipes you make, which is so helpful to me as a content creator. If you want fresh, seasonal, plant-based recipes and exclusive content sent straight to your inbox each week, subscribe to my newsletter!
More Roundups & Resources
- Start Here: Eating by Elaine Resource Guide!
- Ultimate Vegan Back to School Recipe Roundup - All Gluten-Free, Soy-Free and Refined Sugar-Free
- Vegan Memorial Day Weekend Recipes (all gluten-free and naturally sweetened too!)
- Spring Vegan Meal Plan (Gluten-Free + Refined Sugar-Free)
- Easy Summer Vegan Gluten-Free Meal Plan + Helpful Grocery List
- Ultimate Gluten-Free + Vegan Birthday Recipe Roundup
- My Vegan + Gluten-Free Pantry & Freezer Staples
- Ultimate Vegan Labor Day Recipe Roundup
Leave a Reply