Let’s do an easy, creamy, veggie-filled pasta night with this No-Boil Vegan Baked Ziti! It has gluten-free pasta, a vegan creamy sauce, and the perfect combination of Italian flavors. Everyone’s gonna love it!
I get so happy when I have a weeknight recipe that’s nutritious, easy and total comfort food! Pasta totally falls into all those categories for me, and this No-Boil Vegan Baked Ziti recipe has a creamy tomato-based sauce and tons of fresh veggies that make it perfect. It’s loosely based on my Vegan No-Boil Pasta Bake, which my whole family loves. It’s one of those weeknight meals that comes together in minutes, it’s filling, and it’s so, so tasty. This recipe is also filled with fresh and nutritious veggies: onion, zucchini, bell pepper, and spinach.
I think this dish works really well by itself as a one-pot meal, no sides needed, since it’s filled with veggies…don’t you love it when that happens? Less dishes, less mess, one and done!
The Best Gluten-Free Pasta
I really love the brand Jovial for gluten-free pasta options. They have almost every pasta shape, and they cook to a perfect al dente just like normal pasta! If you aren’t sensitive to gluten, you can use regular pasta and this recipe will turn out just as good.
How to Make Pasta Without Boiling
This is the absolute easiest way to make pasta. You don’t have to boil water or spend any time over the stove to get it done! You’ll put dry pasta (yep, right out of the package!) into a baking dish with marinara and water, cover it tightly, and it gets perfectly cooked in the oven. It’s seriously a weeknight miracle meal!
Creamy Vegan Pasta Sauce
This No-Boil Vegan Baked Ziti has a rich a creamy sauce made without any dairy products. It’s full of flavor and so much easier than you may think! I used my Homemade Vegan Cashew Cream and Easy Vegan Mozzarella to make this cheesy, creamy, and so indulgent.
This No-Boil Vegan Baked Ziti is gluten-free, vegan, and free of refined sugars. It’s a dish for everyone! If you make it, please drop a review below and let me know how you liked it, and tag me on Instagram, too!
More Pasta Recipes
Vegan No-Boil Pasta Bake
Easy One-Pot Pasta
One-Skillet Baked Butternut Squash Pasta with Sage
Chunky Tomato Basil Spaghetti
Vegan Baked Feta Pasta
Grilled Veggie Pesto Pasta
Vegan Chickpea Bolognese Pasta
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
No-Boil Vegan Baked Ziti is filled with fresh veggies and a creamy vegan sauce that all comes together in minutes!
- 12 ounces dry ziti pasta (gluten-free if desired)
- 28 ounces jarred marinara sauce (I like Rao’s the best)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- optional: 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- optional: 1 medium red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- 4. large cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 teaspoons fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 batch homemade vegan cashew cream
- optional: 2 large handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 1 batch homemade vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- optional: 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- garnish options: fresh parsley and/or fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 13 x 9-inch rectangular baking dish and set aside.
- Place dry pasta, marinara sauce, water, onion, garlic, zucchini, bell pepper and spices in the baking dish and stir well to incorporate.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove the aluminum foil. Stir in the vegan cashew cream and spinach while still hot. Add mozzarella cheese overtop and drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil overtop the cheese. Next, sprinkle generously with vegan parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes until golden and bubbly. Broil the last two minutes if desired but watch closely to avoid burning.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to five days.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan baked ziti