Ready to celebrate May 5 with delicious, plant-based foods? These Vegan Cinco de Mayo Recipes will be the hit of any fiesta you go to...even if that's just a weeknight dinner at home! Every single one is vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free, and made without refined sugar (even the margarita!).
Do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? This celebration of Mexico's victory over the French Empire in 1862 is actually become more popular here in the United States than in Mexico! Even so, we love the chance to eat our favorite Mexican food dishes and celebrate the culture and influence this beautiful culture brings to the United States. If you're throwing a party or just hoping to make your May 5 a little more fun, these Vegan Cinco de Mayo Recipes are totally plant-based and gluten-free...while also being incredibly delicious!
Dips & Salsa
Since my whole family loves dipping, we have so many different recipes to switch things up! We all love gluten-free tortilla chips, but we also like to slice veggies (cucumbers, bell peppers and carrots are perfect for scooping) or make Easy Homemade Seed Crackers. If you can't decide which of these Vegan Cinco de Mayo Recipes looks the tastiest, try the 7-Layer Dip recipe...it has a little bit of everything!
- Best Vegan 7-Layer Dip (paleo)
- Salsa Fresca (Pico de Gallo)
- Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Chipotle Guacamole (Copycat)
- Strawberry Salsa
- Best Peach Salsa - quick and easy!
- Easy Creamy Refried Beans
- Strawberry Salsa with Avocado
- Creamy Vegan Black Bean Dip (5 Minute Recipe!)
- Easy Cowboy Caviar
- Cilantro Hummus with Jalapeño
Salads & Soups
These Vegan Cinco de Mayo Recipes for soup and salad are some of my favorites as a colorful side dish or a quick and tasty lunch. These salads taste great even after being refrigerated for a day or two, so they're great as leftovers. Soups are awesome for making and freezing, so you can have a meal filled with vegetables even on a busy day!
Sauces for Cinco de Mayo
Using a sauce packed with flavor can give any of your favorite meals a Southwestern feel! I like to put my Vegan Sour Cream out for drizzling or dipping with tacos, tostadas and taquitos. It's also perfect to balance out any spicier flavors!
Vegan Cinco de Mayo Drink Recipes
As far as I'm concerned, a margarita is the most classic Cinco de Mayo drink out there! Bobby loves making mixed drinks for us, so it's the perfect occasion for my refined sugar-free margarita recipe. The kids are also obsessed with any kind of spritzer or fruity drink, so these mocktail options are great for getting them in on the fun!
Vegan Mexican Food for Dinner
Honestly, we don't need any excuse to make Mexican food for dinner! These Vegan Cinco de Mayo Recipes are on a regular rotation around here, and everyone in the house loves them. They're especially fun on Cinco de Mayo, though! Use my Homemade Taco Seasoning to add perfectly customizable flavor to any of these dishes.
- Vegan Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas (One-Pan!)
- Mexican Veggie Burrito Bowls
- Sheet Pan Vegan Nachos
- Spanish Rice and Beans
- Creamy Vegan Mexican Casserole with Black Beans, Quinoa, and Bell Peppers (Gluten-Free)
- Vegan Enchilada Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Quinoa & Mango Stuffed Grilled Avocado
- One-Pan Mexican Quinoa and Black Beans
- Crispy Socca with Avocado Mash
- Vegan Fiesta Bowls with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
Tacos, Tostadas, & Taquitos
Tacos, tostadas, taquitos...they're all numero uno! Meals like this are super family friendly because each person can customize their own plate with toppings and fillings, so everyone is happy. If you want my secret ingredient that makes any dish SHINE, it's Caramelized Onions. Make them as a topping for tacos or tostadas and you'll never go back!
More Roundups & Vegan Eating Resources
I hope you love these Vegan Cinco de Mayo Recipes! It is so much fun to create themed roundups and use food to make holidays feel even more special. My site is filled with resources for doable, delicious vegan eating! Take a look around, or start with my Vegan Eating Resource Guide. You can also join me on Instagram to get a peek inside my kitchen!
- Vegan Spring Recipes - All Gluten-Free!
- Vegan Breakfast Ideas for Kids, Kid-Friendly Vegan Lunches: Recipes Kids Love, and Kid-Friendly Vegan Dinners: Recipes Kids Love
- Pantry Staples That Do It All: Vegan Black Bean Recipes
- Foods That Reduce Waste: Eco-Friendly Vegan Recipes!
- Plant-Based Gluten-Free Meal Prep: Foods I Prep Every Week!
- Vegan Rainbow Recipes
- Favorite Dairy-Free Swaps: The Ultimate Dairy-Free Resource And Recipe Guide
- Healthy Comfort Food Recipes (vegan + gluten-free)
- The Ultimate Gluten-Free & Vegan Pasta Recipe Roundup
- Vegan Gluten-Free Recipes to Make in the Instant Pot
- 115+ Vegan Blender Recipes (gluten-free + refined sugar-free too!)