This is the BEST Vegan Ranch Dressing! It's got the creamy texture and fresh herbs you know and love in your favorite dressing, but made totally dairy-free. Use it as a dressing, dip, or drizzle on all of your favorite dishes!
I am so, so excited to have a Vegan Ranch Dressing recipe on the site! This is such a versatile recipe, and so many people love Ranch Dressing and want a good substitute for the classic when they go dairy-free. I think my favorite thing about Ranch Dressing is all of the different ways people use it! It's delicious on a salad, but just as good as a veggie dip. This recipe will work for all of that, and it would totally hold its own in a blind taste test against the classic version!
Vegan Ranch Dressing Ingredients
I love this recipe because it's pretty simple to make...you mostly just need fresh herbs, which I love having on hand! Chopping fresh parsley, dill, and chives makes my kitchen smell like the most incredible herb garden. It's really easy to make, too; just add everything to a mixing bowl, give it a good whisk, and let it chill for 15 minutes to let the flavors settle and combine.
- Homemade Vegan Sour Cream - Make this in advance and chill it if possible! The cashew base for this vegan sour cream will thicken a bit as it cools, making the consistency just right for a creamy ranch dressing.
- Plant-Based Milk - Use unsweetened, plain non-dairy milk. I love to make my own unsweetened, plain almond milk, but cashew, oat, hemp, soy...any milk will work (as long as it is not flavored or sweetened)!
- Fresh herbs - Italian flat leaf parsley, fresh dill, and fresh chives are all going into this homemade dairy-free ranch dressing. These give it both the appearance and the perfect blend of flavors!
- Garlic Cloves - Use a garlic press to get garlic cloves that incorporate smoothly into your dressing.
- Fresh lemon juice - I used the juice from half of a large lemon. This gives the dressing a bit of tang!
- Maple Syrup - Pure maple is my favorite natural sweetener! It perfectly balances the flavors.
- Salt and Pepper - You can increase these as needed; I always start with a little less than I think I'll need and then adjust from there!
What is Vegan Ranch Dressing Made From?
My Vegan Sour Cream recipe is the perfect base for a homemade dairy-free ranch dressing! It's super creamy, but has the slightly-sour taste that you would traditionally get with buttermilk. Honestly, it creates a vegan version that's a pretty exact copy of the traditional, dairy-based dressing! My vegan sour cream starts with a base of cashews soaked in water, which you can do overnight or in an hour using my quick-soak method.
What to Pair with Vegan Ranch Dressing
I love this Vegan Ranch because it works as both a dressing and a dip! I created it to go with my Cauliflower Buffalo Wings (coming soon!), but it would also pair so well with many other dishes...
- On top of salad: This Vegan Ranch Dressing would be delicious drizzled over Easy Kale Salad with Avocado and Crispy Chickpea Croutons, Broccoli Salad with Avocado, or Mexican Quinoa Salad with Black Beans and Avocado.
- For dipping: Pair it with Rainbow Veggie Kebabs, Grilled Sweet Potato Fries, Dijon Chickpea Fritters, or Baked Crispy Cauliflower Poppers. You could also put a bowl of this Vegan Ranch Dressing in the middle of a veggie platter like this one!
Nut-Free Vegan Ranch Dressing
This vegan ranch is made with my Vegan Sour Cream, which starts with a base of cashews. If you're nut-free AND dairy-free, try making the sour cream with Sunflower Seed Cream instead of cashews! This is really a swap that keeps all of your dishes allergen-free. You can also use oat or hemp milk instead of almond or cashew.
This ranch dressing is vegan (no dairy or eggs!), soy-free, gluten-free, paleo, and it can be made nut-free by using my Sunflower Seed Cream. I cannot wait to see all of the delicious salads and dishes you pair with this Vegan Ranch Dressing! Please tag me on Instagram when you make it, and leave a review below (it makes my day!).
More Delicious Vegan Salad Dressings and Sauces
- The Best Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- Chermoula Sauce
- Easy Green Onion Cashew Sauce
- Creamy Vegan Garlic Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Easy Mediterranean House Dressing
- Three-Ingredient Vegan Honey Mustard
- Creamy Dairy-Free Cilantro Jalapeno Lime Sauce
- Dijon Agave Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Vegan Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Jalapeno Chimichurri Sauce
This is the BEST Vegan Ranch Dressing! It's got the creamy texture and fresh herbs you love in classic ranch, but made totally dairy-free.
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons homemade vegan sour cream (made in advance and chilled if possible*)
- 2-4 tablespoons unsweetened plain non-dairy milk (such as almond milk)**
- 1.5 tablespoons minced fresh Italian flat leaf parsley leafs (large stems removed)
- 1.5 tablespoons minced fresh dill (large stems removed)
- 1.5 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from about ½ large juicy lemon)
- 1.5 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk to well combine. Chill for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Add more lemon juice for brightness and acidity, more fresh herbs for bolder flavors, more black pepper for added spice and more maple syrup for sweetness.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
**The amount of non-dairy milk you decide to use is based on how thick vs. pourable you want your dressing to be. Reduce or omit the non-dairy milk if a thicker ranch dip is desired.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Dressing
Keywords: homemade vegan ranch dressing