This Peach Salsa really speaks for itself…it is refreshing, colorful, sweet, and juicy with a tiny bit of a kick! The whole family loves this dip and you can make it as mild or as spicy as you like.
We are into summer and I’m constantly dreaming about sweet and juicy peaches…the ultimate summer fruit. They really are nature’s candy! If you’ve tried my Strawberry Salsa you know just how good a slightly sweet dip can be, especially combined with a bit of spice and salty chips. The perfect combination! Salsas are so easy to make that they’re perfect for kids to make with you. They love stirring while I stay busy dicing…and they steal spoonfuls of the salsa the entire time!
Peach Salsa Ingredients
Can you get over this colorful table of ingredients?! It’s so fresh, bright, sweet, and flavorful!
- Peaches, diced, with the skin on
- Jalapeno – you can adjust this as needed (or even leave it out!) if you’re making salsa for little ones
- Red onion, diced small
- Fresh cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- Fine salt
Health Benefits of Peaches
Peaches offer important nutrients, including fiber and potassium. They are a good source of vitamin C (promotes immune and skin health) and vitamin A (important for skin, hair, eye, teeth, bone and vision health), and they also contain vitamin E, which offers protection from some chronic diseases and helps protect our bodies from cell damage that can lead to cancer, heart disease and cataracts as we age. To get the most nutritional benefit out of peaches (and to save some prep time!), leave the peel on for added fiber.
How to Choose Perfect Peaches
A good, ripe peach should feel heavy for its size. Squeeze it gently to feel for firmness; it should have a slight give without being mushy. The skin should be blemish-free, fuzzy, and firm. If the peaches are not yet ripe, store them in a paper bag to speed the ripening process! Once ripe, keep them at room temperature and eat within a few days. You can also keep them in your refrigerator to slow the ripening process a bit.
This peach salsa is made entirely with fresh, raw ingredients! It’s naturally gluten-free, vegan, and free of refined sugars. I hope you’ll make this colorful dish and tag me on Instagram! You can also leave a review below, which would absolutely delight me.
More Salsas and Dips
More peaches on hand? try my vegan and gluten-free grilled peach cobbler too!Print
This Peach Salsa really speaks for itself…it is refreshing, colorful, sweet, and juicy with a bit of a kick!
- 4 large peaches, pitted, finely diced (skin on or off)
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves (large stems removed), finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced (~ 3/4 cup diced)
- 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional for additional sweetness if your peaches are not super sweet)
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. For added tang add more lime juice and zest from the other half of the lime. For more spicy flavor add more diced jalapeno. For added sweetness add more maple syrup.
- Serve immediately with chips or inside tacos.
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: peach salsa