Layers of creamy chocolate pudding, ice cream, and fluffy whipped cream all stack up to make Vegan Dessert Shooters an all-time favorite dessert! Every layer is made dairy-free and gluten-free, creating a dessert that tastes absolutely indulgent without any allergens or even refined sugar. You’ll find yourself absolutely delighted by each bite!
It’s almost a New Year and I’ve been dreaming up some delicious treats to ring in 2021! I built these Vegan Dessert Shooters using some of my favorite sweet recipes and I knew I had to share. My family will be thrilled to scoop layers of dessert into their cups on New Year’s Eve, but these would also be so yummy for Valentine’s Day, birthdays, holidays…any occasion that calls for a little something sweet!
Vegan Dessert Shooter Flavors
You can customize these shooters with any of your favorite dessert pairings. Truly endless possibilities here! It would be so fun to make a dessert shooter bar and let everyone build their own perfect cup…and then come back for seconds and try a new pairing!
- Avocado Chocolate Pudding or Coconut Chocolate Pudding
- Blender Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream, No-Churn Chocolate Banana Ice Cream, or Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. You could also source vegan ice creams from the health food section of your grocery store! How delicious would a strawberry ice cream with chocolate pudding be?!
- Finish it off with Homemade Coconut Whipped Cream (or your favorite dairy-free whipped cream from the grocery store!)
Make-Ahead Vegan Dessert
One of my favorite things about this dessert (other than how good it tastes!) is how easy it is to prep ahead of time. Make the pudding, the ice cream, and the whipped cream a day or two ahead of time. Store them in the refrigerator or freezer and then just layer it up when it’s time to serve! This makes the shooters ideal for entertaining, birthday parties, or just having dessert on hand whenever the sweet tooth strikes you.
Dessert Shooter Garnishes
I like to add some simple garnishes to the top of each Vegan Dessert Shooter! It adds a special finishing touch that really makes these feel just right for a special occasion. Top your dessert shooters with…
- Fresh strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries
- Dye-free sprinkles
- A drizzle of melted chocolate
- Fresh mint
- Chopped nuts
- A sprinkle of coarsely ground sea salt
These dessert shooters are paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free in addition to being totally plant-based and vegan (so they’re also dairy- and egg-free!). They can be made nut-free depending on which ice cream you use. I love a dessert that everyone at the table can enjoy. I hope you’ll tag me on Instagram if you make and love these Vegan Dessert Shooters!
More Vegan and Gluten-Free Desserts
These are some of my favorite desserts and they are all dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free!
All my dessert recipes can be found HERE.Print
- Make the pudding, ice cream and whipped cream ahead of time.
- In small shooter-style glasses layer the pudding, ice cream and whipped cream. Top with fresh berries, melted chocolate and/or dye-free sprinkles. Enjoy immediately!
- Category: Dessert