Cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, Kalamata olives, red onion, and gluten-free orzo...it must be a Greek Orzo Salad! This easy dish is colorful, nutritious, and filled with delicious Mediterranean flavor. I think you'll love it!
This dish is pure SUMMERTIME! It's filled with in-season produce, topped with my favorite Mediterranean House Dressing, and totally filling thanks to gluten-free orzo pasta. I love that it stores so well, so it's the perfect dish to make and have ready in the refrigerator as soon as we come in hungry from a morning at the pool!
Greek Orzo Salad Ingredients
This is a super classic, fresh, and bright Greek Orzo Salad. It's perfect for a light summer meal, to keep in the refrigerator for a quick lunch, or as a side dish with your favorite entrees. I've filled it with:
- Gluten-free orzo pasta
- Red onion
- English cucumber
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Kalamata olives (make sure they're pitted!)
- Red and orange bell peppers
- Scallions (also known as green onions)
- Fresh dill & chives (we grow these in our garden!)
The Best Gluten-Free Pasta
Orzo pasta is the one that looks like rice. It's teeny-tiny and so fun to use in salads since it incorporates with other ingredients so well! You can use any of your favorite orzo pastas for this salad. I love Andean Dreams quinoa orzo. It has an awesome texture and taste that works perfectly. If you aren't gluten-free, feel free to use regular wheat orzo!
All About Cucumber
I use cucumber in a lot of summertime recipes because it tastes so refreshing, but it's also great for hydration, especially in the hot months! Cucumbers are 96% water, which is one of the highest water contents of any food! They are low in calories and high in vitamin C and fiber, which makes them great for stomach health.
Vegan Feta Cheese
The vegan feta is an optional addition, but I love the creamy texture it adds to this dish. The brand VioLife makes a fantastic dairy-free feta that I use in so many recipes! I even used a block of it for my Vegan Baked Feta Pasta. It melts and tastes just like regular cheese but has a super clean, plant-based ingredient list.
Greek Pasta Salad Dressing
I used my go-to dressing on top of this orzo salad: Easy Mediterranean House Dressing. I almost always have a batch of this in the fridge because it's a total staple! It's made from oil, vinegar, lemon, tahini, maple, and garlic, and it's absolutely perfect. I love this dressing!
This Greek Orzo Salad is vegan (no eggs or dairy!), soy-free, and even gluten-free! If you use cassava orzo by Jovial it is grain-free/paleo too! It's made without refined sugar or nuts, making it a totally allergy-friendly option. Please tag me on Instagram if you post about this recipe, and drop a review below to help others find and enjoy this dish as well!
More Savory Salads
Creamy Broccoli & Zucchini Pasta Salad
Best Vegan Mediterranean Veggie Pasta Salad
Lemon Olive Oil & Dill Potato Salad
Creamy Vegan Picnic Pasta Salad
Vegan Summer Macaroni Salad
Mediterranean Zucchini Noodle Salad
Easy Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad
Creamy Vegan Cucumber Salad with Dill & Red Onion
Vegan Tzatziki Potato Salad
Cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, Kalamata olives, red onion, and gluten-free orzo...it must be a colorful, easy Greek Orzo Salad!
For the orzo:
- 8-ounces gluten-free orzo (such as Jovial cassava orzo or Andean Dreams quinoa orzo)
- ½ red onion, finely diced sliced (about 1 cup of diced red onion)
- 1 cup diced English cucumber (skin removed if desired)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bell peppers (red, orange or yellow), stem and seeds removed, finely diced (about 1 ½ cups when diced)
- ¾ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved (or pitted black olives)
- 4 scallions, diced
- ¾ cup fresh dill, finely minced (or sub fresh Italian flat leaf parsley leaves)
- ¼ cup diced fresh chives
- optional: ½ cup vegan feta cheese, crumbled (I love VioLife brand)
- 1 batch of my homemade Mediterranean House Dressing
- Cook orzo according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place the cooked orzo in a large mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl, add onion, cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives, scallions, dill and chives. Add crumbled vegan feta cheese if using.
- Pour the entire batch of the dressing overtop the orzo and veggies and toss well. Serve immediately.
This dish is best when fresh if using gluten-free orzo but it can be stored for up to three days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This dish is best served chilled. I like to chill the veggies and dressing in advance of assembling for best results.
Add cooked chickpeas to make this a meal.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: vegan greek orzo salad