Send this post to the moms in your life and have them pick their favorites! My roundup of Vegan Mother's Day Recipes is filled with delicious gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free dishes that feel totally celebratory. This is the place for allergen-free Mother's Day recipes!
Mother's Day is such a special holiday! I love both celebrating my own mother, who gave me a deep love of cooking and sharing food, and feeling the love from my family. It's a wonderful chance to honor caregivers of all kinds, and you know I love to do that with food! These Vegan Mother's Day Recipes are the ones I would consider for a day of pampering moms, aunts, grandmothers, and anyone with a parent's heart with really delicious food. In this post I have options for...
- Breakfast in Bed
- Lunch Salads
- Vegan Mother's Day Dinners
- Special Drinks (including mocktails!)
- More Resources for delicious vegan eating!
I know this can be a hard day for those who have a difficult relationship with their mother, are courageously hoping and trying to become a mom, or mothers and children who are grieving. If this day is difficult for you, I hope you feel surrounded by love and understanding. Don't be afraid to take a break from the internet and do something that makes you feel joy! I'll be thinking of you and wishing you calm and peace.
Breakfast in Bed
This is the classic Mother's Day surprise! If you're hoping to surprise someone who is gluten-free, dairy-free, or just loves a breakfast that's both delicious and filled with nutritious ingredients...these are the recipes for you!
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Baked Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Ganache Glaze (refined sugar free + nut free)
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes [gluten-free, refined sugar-free, nut-free]
- Strawberry Heart Vegan Yogurt Parfaits (vegan + gluten-free + refined sugar-free)
- Freezer-Friendly Oatmeal Cups (vegan + gluten-free + nut-free + refined sugar-free)
- The Best Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins with Vegan Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting (refined sugar-free)
- Freezer-Friendly Easy Vegan Oat Bars (vegan + gluten-free)
- Quick and Easy Mini Pancakes Cereal (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free)
- Freezer-Friendly Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (vegan + gluten-free + refined sugar-free)
- Easy Creamy Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal (gluten-free + refined sugar-free + nut-free option) or Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Granola (refined sugar-free)
- Easy Granola Recipe (refined sugar-free + vegan)
- How to Make Thick and Creamy Chia Seed Pudding topped with Easy Raspberry Chia Jam (Refined Sugar-Free)
- Fluffy Lemon Blueberry Muffins (30 Minute Recipe!)
- Homemade Vegan Pop-Tarts Stuffed with Raspberry Chia Jam (gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free) or Vegan + Gluten-Free Nutella Pop-Tarts (gluten-free, paleo, refined sugar-free)
- Spring Root Vegetable Hash with Creamy Herb Sauce
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins (Nut & Gluten-free!)
- Vegan Dalgona Whipped Matcha Latte (paleo, refined sugar-free, nut-free option)
- Our Favorite Fresh Homemade Juices (100% juice, refined sugar-free)
- Easy Homemade Chocolate Hemp Seed Milk (vegan and paleo)
I drink smoothies every day, and holidays like Mother's Day are no exception! If you want to make mom a smoothie that tastes like a treat, I have so many delicious recipes that would make her feel so special. You can even prep these ahead of time by putting all of the ingredients in a bag or jar in the freezer, then adding almond milk once you're ready to blend!
- Vegan Wild Blueberry and Almond Butter Smoothie (no banana!)
- Sunshine Smoothie
- The Best Vegan Key Lime Pie Smoothie Bowl
- Creamy Vegan Peppermint Patty Smoothie (paleo)
- Vegan Paleo Lemon Blueberry Smoothie (no banana!)
- Creamy Avocado Vanilla Smoothie with Hidden Veggies (vegan + paleo)
- 3-Ingredient Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Creamy Tropical Kiwi Smoothie
- Easy Healthy Strawberry "Milkshake"
You have to plan for some snacking! My whole family loves to gather around the kitchen island and snack, so making sure there are fun dips and bites available would be such a treat on Mother's Day.
Mother's Day Lunch Salads
I love the idea of a Mother's Day lunch that's filled with bright, fresh and in-season veggies. These salads would be really easy to prepare ahead of time by chopping veggies and mixing dressing, so you just have to toss it all together at lunchtime! I also think a pasta salad is a great option because they leftovers are so tasty. And many of these options travel/pack well so if you are planning a Mother's Day outing or hike you can bring these along.
- Creamy Vegan Picnic Pasta Salad
- Berry-Cherry Quinoa Salad with Candied Walnuts and Balsamic-Shallot Vinaigrette
- Simple Greek Village Salad (Horiatiki: Tomato Cucumber Salad)
- Easy Plumcot Stone Fruit Salad (vegan + paleo)
- Creamy Broccoli & Zucchini Pasta Salad (vegan + gluten-free)
- Spinach Quinoa Salad with Roasted Blueberry Vinaigrette
- Pear and Roasted Beet Arugula Salad with Hazelnuts
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Asparagus Ribbon Salad (vegan, paleo)
- Creamy Vegan Cucumber Salad with Dill and Red Onion
- Broccoli Salad with California Avocado
- Vegan Beet Tzatziki Salad
- Best Vegan Mediterranean Veggie Pasta Salad
- Crispy Quinoa and Avocado Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Easy Kale Salad with Avocado, Crispy Chickpea Croutons and Vegan Ranch Dressing (gluten-free)
- Mango-Avocado Quinoa Salad with Toasted Pepitas
- The Best Easy Greek Orzo Salad (vegan + gluten-free)
- Dressings: The Best Creamy Vegan Poppy Seed Dressing, Chermoula Sauce, Vegan Green Goddess Dressing, Easy Mediterranean House Dressing (vegan + paleo), Vegan Strawberry Vinaigrette (Easy and Creamy)
Vegan Mother's Day Dinner
When I make the menu for a meal, it's always pasta! I have a few brands of gluten-free pasta that I rely on for perfectly cooked, al dente dishes. They're just as good for weeknights as they are for special occasions like Mother's Day!
A sweet treat is always a win! I chose recipes that are bright, colorful, and perfect for making the special people in your life feel loved this Mother's Day. These Vegan Mother's Day Recipes are all refined sugar-free, vegan, and gluten-free, so they're desserts you can feel great about.
- Vegan Gluten-Free Lemon Bars (refined sugar-free)
- No-Bake Vegan and Gluten-Free Cheesecakes
- Vegan Grain-Free Key Lime Pie Bars with Avocados
- Riley's Easy Tropical Sorbet (Vegan + Whole30)
- Easy No-Bake Frosted Vegan Rice Crispy Treats (refined sugar-free)
- No-Cook Blackberry Vanilla Pudding (vegan + paleo)
- How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream (refined sugar-free + vegan + paleo)
- Key Lime Pie Pudding Parfaits with Avocado (free of gluten, nuts, + refined sugar!)
- Vegan Gluten-Free Blueberry Crumble Bars (refined sugar-free)
The best part about making cookies for Mother's Day is that you can double the recipe and have goodies on hand all week! Every time she reaches for one she'll be reminded of a special Mother's Day. These are my favorites that are especially delicious in the springtime!
- Vegan Gluten-Free Lemon Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cranberry and Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free)
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies (vegan, paleo, gluten-free)
- Best Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (gluten-free, nut-free + refined sugar-free)
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free + Refined Sugar-Free)
I eat chocolate every single day, no exaggeration! All of my favorite goodies have lots of chocolate, so I had to include a whole section of chocolate Vegan Mother's Day Recipes. Every single one of these treats feels celebratory and special!
- No-Bake Almond Butter Chocolate Crunch Bars
- Chocolate Cheesecake (No-Bake + Vegan + Paleo + Refined Sugar-Free)
- Easy No-Churn Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream (Vegan + Paleo)
- Healthier Homemade Crunch Bars (vegan + gluten-free)
- Vegan Dessert Shooters (paleo)
- Easy 5-Ingredient Vegan Peppermint Patties (gluten-free + paleo)
- Healthy Homemade Nutella (vegan, paleo)
- No-Cook, No-Avocado Vegan Chocolate Pudding (refined sugar free + gluten free + nut free)
- Homemade Vegan Chocolate (Refined Sugar-Free)
- Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles
- Instant Vegan Chocolate Pudding (refined sugar-free)
A Mother's Day cake would be the sweetest surprise! Bonus points if you let the kids decorate it and add a few little love notes. Whether you want a springtime treat with some fruit added in or a decadent, chocolate-filled cake, I have gluten-free and vegan cakes that I know you'll love.
- Best Vegan + Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes
- Chocolate Beet Cake with Chocolate Ganache Frosting (vegan + gluten-free + refined sugar-free)
- Vegan + Paleo Strawberry Shortcake Cake
- Best Vegan + Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes
- Easy Two-Tier Chocolate Sweet Potato Cake Made in Loaf Pans! (vegan + gluten-free + nut-free + refined sugar-free)
- Vegan Chocolate Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting (gluten-free + refined sugar-free + nut-free)
- Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake (vegan + paleo + refined sugar-free)
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Skillet Vanilla Cake (+ nut-free)
- Frostings: Vegan Paleo Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting, Easy Vegan Vanilla Frosting, Easy Vanilla Blender Cashew Icing (vegan + paleo), Easy Blender Vegan Paleo Cream Cheese Frosting (Refined Sugar-Free)
More Roundups & Resources
- Spring Holiday Menu Inspiration + Brunch Dishes (all vegan + gluten-free)
- Foods I Prep Every Week!
- Kid-Friendly Vegan Dinners: Recipes Kids Love
- Favorite Dairy-Free Swaps: The Ultimate Dairy-Free Resource And Recipe Guide
- Ultimate Gluten-Free Product Recommendations + Helpful Resources
- Beginner's Guide to Starting a Veggie & Herb Garden
- The Ultimate Gluten-Free & Vegan Pasta Recipe Roundup
- Healthy Comfort Food Recipes (vegan + gluten-free)
- Vegan Gluten-Free Recipes to Make in the Instant Pot
- 115+ Vegan Blender Recipes (gluten-free + refined sugar-free too!)