The best way to cool off in the summertime is with this Cucumber Melon Spritzer! It's made with super refreshing fresh ingredients and sparkling water for a sip that just makes you smile.
My entire family gets so excited when I make fancy mocktails for us to enjoy. It's a really fun way to make a summer afternoon feel a little bit special or add something extra to dinnertime. This Cucumber Melon Spritzer is a new summertime favorite! It uses fresh melon and cucumber for the most refreshing combination you can imagine. Making this is as simple as blending, straining, and pouring it over ice with a bit of sparkling water. Ahh!
I'm a total regular at Sprouts! I love their fresh ingredients, bulk section of pantry staples, and wide variety of vegan, gluten-free, and overall allergy-friendly brands. Over the last 18 months I've also come to love their curbside pickup and delivery options...I get all my must-have groceries without leaving my house! Right now I'm super excited about all of the in-season melon I saw available at Sprouts. They've got watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew in so many colorful and sweet varieties. There's a short window in the summer when this many melons are available, so now is the time!
Cucumber Melon Spritzer Ingredients
I love how beautiful these ingredients look all grouped together! For this simple, refreshing spritzer, I gathered:
- An English cucumber - Leave the skin on!
- A lemon drop melon with the rind and seeds removed
- Fresh mint - Ours came from our own home garden! Hooray!
- Pure maple syrup - This is optional and might be a nice addition if your melon isn't super sweet
- Sparkling water - Our favorite is Topo Chico!
What is a Lemon Drop Melon?
Lemon drop melons look like honeydew with a unique flavor combo: they are a tiny bit sour with some sweetness to balance it out! I love that they're extra juicy, so it's a refreshing summertime snack and extra delicious in juices and drinks like this mocktail. Look for melons that aren't too soft or too firm. They shouldn't have any part of the stem attached. Ripe melons can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days!
All About Cucumber
Like melon, cucumber is a summertime must! Their fresh flavor makes them perfect as a snack or sliced into a chilly pitcher of water. I love that cucumber is high in water content, so it keeps me hydrated in the summer months. Cucumbers are low in calories and high in vitamin C. They’re also high in fiber, which makes them great for stomach health. I eat cucumbers whenever I can!
Choosing Perfect Cucumbers
Choose firm, well-shaped cucumbers with a dark green color. I like English cucumbers best for their flavor and texture. They also have less seeds. Cucumbers should feel heavy for their size. Since so much of cucumber’s nutrition is in their skin, I suggest leaving the skin on rather than peeling it. Refrigerate cucumbers in a plastic bag for up to one week.
This Cucumber Melon Spritzer is vegan (free of dairy and egg), gluten-free, and it's even naturally sweetened! I love making treats that everyone can enjoy. If you make and love this sweet sip, I hope you'll tag me on Instagram or even better, drop a review below to help other readers!
More Fun Drinks
Grapefruit Vodka Tonics
Fresh & Classic Margaritas
Watermelon Mint Lime Slushies
Green Juice in a Blender
Strawberry Mint Lime Spritzers
Love Potion #9: Sparkling Cherry Spritzer
Cranberry Pomegranate Spritzer
Best Orange Crush Cocktail
Cucumber Melon Spritzer
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Diet: Vegan
The best way to cool off in the summertime is with this Cucumber Melon Spritzer made with refreshing ingredients and sparkling water.
- ½ ripe lemon drop melon, rind and seeds removed, chopped (~2 cups chopped)*
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber (skin on)
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves (large stems removed)
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional if your melon is not very sweet)**
- ice for serving
- sparkling water for topping off (I love Topo Chico sparkling mineral water)
- Garnish Options: cucumber slices and fresh mint leaves
- To a high speed blender, add 2 cups chopped Lemon Drop melon, 1 cup chopped cucumber, 1 handful fresh mint leaves, ¼ cup filtered water and 1 teaspoon maple syrup (if using). Start on low speed and gradually adjust to the highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds on the highest speed.
- Position a large fine mesh strainer over a medium sized mixing bowl with a pour spout. Pour the mixture from the blender into the fine mesh strainer. Use a spoon to move the mixture around the strainer to allow more of the juice to drop into the mixing bowl. This should yield about 1 cup of strained juice.
- Fill 3 large glasses with ice cubes. Divide the strained mixture between the three glasses filling each about halfway. Top glasses off with sparkling water until the glass is full.
- Garnish with cucumber slices and mint. Enjoy immediately with a glass straw.
* You can use honeydew melon if your local grocery store doesn't have lemon drop melons available.
**omit the maple syrup to make this a Whole30 compliant beverage.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
Keywords: cucumber melon spritzer
This post is sponsored by Sprouts. All writing and opinions are my own.
Leave a Reply