This recipe for Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Granola is ultra-simple, delicious, and totally free of refined sugar! It's a nutritious way to satisfy your chocolate craving or add a little sweetness to your breakfast.
My kids go crazy for my everyday easy granola recipe and I wanted to create a chocolate variety for them. I figure that the key to good parenting is incorporating more chocolate into our daily routine, right?! Especially if I can do it in a way that's free of refined sugar! It's a recipe we can all get excited about. The kids love eating this chocolatey granola with a bowl of nut milk. It's better than any boxed cereal we could buy at the store! It would also make an incredible dessert topping over my Blender Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream!
Healthy Chocolate Granola
The ingredient list for this Chocolate Granola recipe is super straightforward. I usually have everything I need for it right in my pantry!
- Almond flour (not almond meal!)
- Cocoa powder or cacao powder
- Pure maple syrup
- Avocado or coconut oil
All About Oats
According to the Whole Grains Council, oats are higher in protein and healthful fats and lower in carbohydrates than most other whole grains. I incorporate oats into my diet whenever possible because they are full of soluble fiber and help me feel fuller longer while also giving me a healthy burst of energy.
Health Benefits of Cocoa Powder
Unsweetened cocoa powder is made by roasting and grinding cocoa beans. It contains only cocoa solids (whereas chocolate contains cocoa solids plus cocoa butter and other additives). Always double-check the ingredients to make sure it doesn’t contain added sugar, cocoa butter or milkfat.
Cacao powder is different from cocoa powder only because of the way it is processed, preserving more flavanols (those are good for you!). Manufacturers of cacao powder say they use low-temperature processing to preserve the enzymes and nutrients.
How to Make Chocolate Granola at Home
I based this Chocolate Granola recipe off of another favorite, my Easiest Granola Recipe. Just like that recipe, this one is super simple to make, only needs 30 minutes of oven time, and produces a homemade granola so good you'll be snacking on it every chance you get! Making your own granola is as easy as...
- Mixing all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- Spreading them on a lined baking sheet and using a spatula to smooth it into a single layer
- Bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees. Halfway through stir the granola so it cooks evenly!
- Let it cool completely on the pan. This is the secret to granola that breaks into perfect pieces for snacking!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Granola
This recipe is super allergy-friendly! It's vegan, refined-sugar free, and gluten-free. It's a great snack for everyone who comes through your kitchen!
More Healthy Chocolate Recipes
All of these recipes are vegan, gluten-free, soy-free and refined sugar-free.Print
This recipe for Homemade Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Granola is ultra-simple, delicious, and totally free of refined sugar! Satisfy your chocolate craving ASAP!
- 3 cups quick cooking oats (certified gluten-free if desired)
- ½ cup blanched super fine almond flour (not almond meal)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup avocado oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- Optional: ½ cup vegan, refined sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients well. Transfer the mixture to the lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer using a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes tossing halfway through.
- Allow the granola to cool completely on the baking sheet before enjoying (at least 15 minutes). Once cooled, granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Sometimes I add a handful of unsweetened finely shredded coconut flakes. You can also mix in dried fruit or refined sugar-free vegan chocolate chips after it comes out of the oven.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
Keywords: homemade chocolate granola