I use the Instant Pot in so many different ways. Cooking sides, soups, dinners...it's all easier in a pressure cooker! This roundup of Vegan and Gluten-Free Recipes to Make in the Instant Pot has all of my favorites in one place!
Are you a fan of the Instant Pot yet? I have found that having a pressure cooker in the kitchen is way more useful than I initially thought it would be! With the push of a couple buttons, your favorite foods become perfectly cooked in minutes, including ingredients that usually take a long time...like potatoes, squash, rice, and quinoa! This roundup of Vegan Recipes to Make in the Instant Pot includes:
- Quickly Cooking Vegetables
- Apples in the Instant Pot
- Rice & Quinoa
- Soup & Sides
- Instant Pot Potatoes
Quickly Cooking Vegetables
Use the Instant Pot to quickly make cooking ingredients like broth, pumpkin puree, spaghetti squash and free up your stovetop and other appliances for the remaining dishes in your meal. One of my favorite breakfasts is an Instant Pot Acorn Squash Breakfast Bowl, which is such a surprising way to use a veggie for breakfast!
- No-Waste Vegetable Broth
- How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree in the Instant Pot
- Perfectly Steamed Broccoli in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- Instant Pot Acorn Squash Breakfast Bowls
Cooking with Apples in the Instant Pot
The Instant Pot is a great tool for cooking apples. It quickly softens them and makes for quick and easy homemade applesauce, apple butter, or apple cider! Apples are high in hydrating water content, low in calories, and full of fiber. Apples have immunity-boosting vitamin C as well!
- Instant Pot Refined Sugar-Free Apple Butter
- Easy Instant Pot Homemade Applesauce
- Homemade Spiced Apple Cider
Rice and Quinoa
It still shocks me just how fast the Instant Pot cooks rice and quinoa. Even if I've forgotten about it until the last minute, I can still have a fluffy, perfectly cooked grain in minutes! I use coconut rice as a flavorful, slightly-sweet side to many of my dinner recipes. It's a favorite here!
Soups & Sides
Soups are the perfect first dish to try in a pressure cooker. It softens chopped veggies quickly, and the Instant Pot has a function that lets you sauté onions and garlic before adding in other ingredients! I also love this appliance for cooking potatoes and beets quickly before using them in salads and sides.
- Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup
- Vegan Beet Tzatziki Salad
- Brown Rice & Black Bean Salad with Mango & Avocado
- Toddler & Kid-Approved Creamy Vegan Carrot Soup
Instant Pot Potato Recipes
Everyone loves potatoes, but they take SO LONG to cook! Enter the Instant Pot, which cooks root vegetables quickly. It's awesome for making recipes like my Sweet Potato Quinoa Tots, which would take much longer if you used the oven.
- Vegan Sweet Potato Quinoa Tots
- Instant Pot Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole with Crumble Topping
- Lemon Olive Oil & Dill Potato Salad
- Instant Pot Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Vegan Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls
Push a few buttons and dinner is done?! I grew up thinking that was some futuristic technology, but it's here and it really is awesome! Some of my favorite dinners can be made in minutes in the Instant Pot.
- Creamy Vegan Spaghetti Squash with Marinara
- Instant Pot Cauliflower and Chickpea Tikka Masala with Coconut Rice
- Vegan Chickpea Bolognese Spaghetti Squash
- Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
- Instant Pot Vegan Mushroom Risotto
More Vegan and Gluten-Free Resources
My site is full of resources to help you make delicious plant-based additions to your diet! These posts are a great place to start. Don't forget to leave a review below any recipes you make, and tag me on Instagram so I can see your cooking wins!