Have blender, will cook! This roundup of Vegan Blender Recipes will show you just how much you can do with one appliance. I have over 115 dishes that utilize my favorite kitchen tool, including smoothies, juices, soups, dips, baked goods, and tons of desserts!
If you've browsed through my recipes a bit you may notice one very common theme: I am always reaching for my blender! So many of my favorite dishes use a blender to achieve a smooth, creamy texture that I thought it was time to put them all in one place. This roundup of Gluten-Free and Vegan Blender Recipes has over 115 dishes that utilize your blender, organized into:
- Treat Smoothies & Shakes
- Pasta Sauce
- Cheese & Cream
- Muffins, Breads, & Cakes
- Ice Cream
- Icing, Frosting, & Sweet Spreads
Admittedly, this blender is a pretty big investment, but once you see this roundup you'll understand why! I use this appliance constantly, for almost every kind of recipe I make in my kitchen. I've also been so impressed by the customer service from Kitchen Aid. I recently had an issue with one of the parts on my blender, and they immediately sent me a replacement. My cost per use on this blender has got to be in the pennies at this point!
One of the main ways I use my blender is to make cashew cream! If that sounds random, hear me out. As a vegan cook, I use cashews in so many recipes. They act in place of cream to thicken recipes and add this incredible, silky texture. What would I do without cashews?! Seriously, once you discover the wonders of cashew cream, you'll always have a jar of cashews soaking and ready to turn into cashew cream! For my nut-free friends, I've developed a sunflower seed cream that does the exact same thing...but with seeds. So cool! Here is a 1-minute Instagram reel video showing me make cashew cream.
While I do often buy my dairy-free milks from the store, I also really enjoy making my own! This lets me adjust the thickness and flavor to my liking, and I know exactly what ingredients are in the finished product. I love buying cashews, almonds, or oats in bulk and using them for homemade vegan milks and creams! A Nut Milk Bag will come in handy if you're making nut milks at home.
- How to Make Oat Milk
- Easy Homemade Cashew Milk
- The Best Homemade Almond Milk (here is a video tutorial of me making almond milk: part 1 and part 2)
- Easy Homemade Chocolate Hemp Seed Milk (vegan and paleo)
- Easy Homemade Pumpkin Milk (here is an Instagram reel video showing me making it in 1 minute)
If you find yourself making plant-based milks at home a lot, I highly recommend the Almond Cow! It's an awesome appliance that does all the work of turning nuts into homemade milks without having to strain through a nut-milk bag. You can use my code ELAINE for $15 off.
Smoothies are kind of my thing! I drink smoothies all the time...breakfast, lunch, snack, or dessert, you'll find me tossing ingredients into the blender. These smoothie recipes are some of the tastiest ways you can utilize your blender! For smoothie recipes you won't find on the blog, check out my cookbook Rock Your Blender. It's filled with smoothies that taste like treats, all packed with nutrition and healthy fuel for your body!
- Creamy Cranberry Smoothie
- Sunshine Smoothie
- No-Nut Vegan Protein Smoothie (no banana and no protein powders!)
- 3-Ingredient Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Tropical Green Protein Smoothie
- Wild Blueberry and Almond Butter Smoothie (no banana!)
- Healthy Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
- Creamy Avocado Vanilla Smoothie with Hidden Veggies
- Beets & Greens Detox Smoothie
- Creamy Citrus Matcha Green Protein Smoothie
- Blueberry Veggie Smoothie
- Minty Kale Smoothie
- Creamy Pitaya Beet Smoothie
- Creamy Minty Wheatgrass Smoothie (that doesn’t taste like wheatgrass!)
- Easy Detox Smoothie (that actually tastes good!)
- Creamy Tropical Kiwi Smoothie
- Strawberries and Cream Veggie-Filled Smoothie
- Lemon Blueberry Smoothie (no banana!)
- Vegan Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie Bowl (paleo, refined sugar-free)
Treat Smoothies & Shakes
I had to put my favorite dessert smoothies in a separate section! These are such a craving cure when I'm wanting a sweet treat, especially if it's something specific. I have smoothie versions of so many incredible treats: almond butter cups, peppermint patties, apple pie...I even have a Nutella smoothie bowl!
- Creamy Vegan Peppermint Patty Smoothie
- Vegan Salted Caramel Smoothie
- Almond Butter Cup Smoothie (vegan + paleo)
- Healthy Strawberry “Milkshake”
- Best Apple Pie Smoothie (vegan + paleo)
- Healthier Dye-Free Copycat Shamrock Shake (vegan, paleo)
- Healthy Chocolate Mocha Smoothie
- Creamy Mint Chocolate Smoothie
- The Best Vegan Key Lime Pie Smoothie Bowl
- Vegan Nutella Smoothie Bowl
I make both hot and cold drinks in the blender! In the summertime we love making slushies and juices, and in the winter I switch to making Blender Hot Chocolate and Gingerbread Steamers. I absolutely love a beverage that feels a bit fancier, so these are some of my favorite ways to use the blender!
- Green Juice in a Blender
- Watermelon Mint Lime Slushies
- Blender Turmeric Ginger Immunity Boosting Wellness Drink
- Iced Vanilla Turmeric Latte
- Gingerbread Steamer
- Blender Hot Chocolate
- Iced Vanilla Mint Moringa Latte (caffeine-free)
- Cucumber Melon Spritzer
- Green Aid
- Vegan Eggnog
- Easy Frozen Mint Lemonades
Soup Recipes to Make in the Blender
Having a few good soup recipes on hand makes the winters so much more enjoyable! Soups are fast to make, easy to fill with veggies, and they keep really well in the refrigerator or even the freezer. You can blend them to your own preference as well: just a couple pulses will leave some texture in the soup, or you can let it run for a minute to achieve a smooth, creamy dish!
I recently realized just how many sauce recipes I had on the blog and made an entire roundup of them! Sauces are actually a big part of my meal planning. I decide on one or two that sound good, prep them, and then plan meals that pair well with the sauce! Homemade dressings are a really easy way to elevate your home cooking game as well. They take minutes to make and I think you can taste a difference!
The blender is your best friend when you want homemade dips. During football season I love making a couple different options for Bobby, who loves watching the game, and then we keep them in the refrigerator and snack on them for a few days afterwards! These recipes are all made in the blender, and they're a nutritious way to snack in between meals.
Vegan Blender Recipes: Pasta Sauces
Pasta sauces might be one of the more surprising ways I use my blender! I make pasta a couple times a week, and I use the blender anytime I want a creamy sauce. I even use it to add extra servings of veggies into marinara sauce! If you love Alfredo sauce and are worried about eliminating creamy pasta if you go dairy-free, trust me when I say you can make a delicious version with your blender.
- Roasted Veggie Tomato Sauce for Pasta
- Creamy Vegan Pasta al Limone
- Vegan Creamy Pasta Primavera (gluten-free)
- Easy Creamy Vegan White Pasta Sauce
- Vegan Parsley Arugula Walnut Pesto (this can also be made in a food processor)
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Black Lentils and Creamy Marinara Sauce
- Creamy Vegan Garlic Mushroom Fettuccini
- Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Garlic Pasta
Cheese & Creams
Vegan cheeses and creams just might be my secret superpower! I used to be so intimidated by making my own, but once I jumped right in and started experimenting, a whole new world of creamy recipes was opened. Mac and cheese, mozzarella, ricotta, nacho...I make it all at home, they're plant-based, and they're delicious Vegan Blender Recipes. You can do it, too!
Muffins, Breads & Cakes
A few of my favorite baked goods are made in the blender. This is a really easy way to make smooth, evenly distributed batters and I take full advantage! Most of my baked goods use oat flour as a base, which is another way I use the blender. You can buy premade oat flour, bur it's really easy and more affordable to make your own. Simply pulse oats in the blender until they form a flour consistency! Additionally, many of my frostings are made in the blender.
- Vegan Chocolate Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes with White Sweet Potato Frosting
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Blender Sweet Potato Muffins
- Gluten-Free & Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Blender Vegan Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- Quick and Easy Mini Pancakes Cereal (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free)
- Dye-Free Green Muffins
- Best Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Beet Cake with Chocolate Ganache Frosting (refined sugar-free)
I never, ever skip dessert or say no to a sweet tooth moment! I've had so much fun developing vegan and gluten-free homemade desserts over the years, and sharing them is such a highlight. Any time I see someone enjoying a treat and wish I could have it, I start brainstorming the ways I can make it allergen-friendly. These are some of my favorite Vegan Blender Recipes!
You can absolutely make dairy-free ice creams using an ice cream maker, but you don't need to add the extra appliance to your kitchen if you don't want to! I make ice cream at home using just my blender and freezer and it works really well.
Vegan Blender Popsicle Recipes
Summertime calls for popsicles! These are my kid's favorite treats, and it's also a really easy way for them to help in the kitchen. I make the popsicle base in my blender before pouring it into a Popsicle Mold and within an hour or two we're all enjoying a refreshing frozen treat!
Icing, Frosting, & Sweet Spreads
These are the recipes that are just icing on the cake! I've made dairy-free and refined sugar-free Nutella, caramel, icing, and even frosting that are so much fun to have in the kitchen. I use them as a garnish on oatmeal and smoothies, as a dip for fruit, or a topping on ice cream and baked goods. They're so much fun!