Satisfy your sweet tooth with over 70 Vegan Chocolate Recipes, all made soy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free! I’ve included chocolate smoothies, snacks, cookies, candy, ice cream, and tons of baked goods. Chocoholics rejoice!
I absolutely love chocolate. Love, love, LOVE it! When I realized that a lot of the treats I loved were contributing to my migraines, I started searching for a way to enjoy my favorite food without triggering a health episode. Luckily, I found that dark chocolate without added refined sugars left me feeling just fine! Now I cook without refined sugar and I enjoy these Vegan Chocolate Recipes whenever I want (that’s pretty much daily!). The health benefits of chocolate come from antioxidants called flavanols found in the cocoa solids. When consumed in large amounts, studies have shown that flavanols in chocolate may:
- Lower high blood pressure and decrease levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol
- Promote lung health and protect against asthma
- Decrease the risk of diabetes and several types of cancer
- Benefit the brain and preserve cognitive abilities to lower the risk for developing Alzheimer’s disease
- Improve mood and feelings of pleasure
- Benefit the vascular system by reducing the risk of blood clots and increasing blood flow in arteries and the heart.
My Favorite Vegan Chocolates
I have used and loved Hu brand chocolate in my recipes for so long, I don’t even want to know how many bags of Dark Chocolate Gems we’ve consumed in my house! These gems have a short ingredient list (I’m talking three ingredients!) without any refined sugar, and they taste amazing. Hu recently came out with mini semi sweet chocolate chips and I’m waiting for that shipment to arrive as we speak.
For cocoa powder, I love the 365 Organic Cocoa Powder. It has a really incredible, rich chocolate flavor unlike many others I have tried and I appreciate that it’s fair trade. The type of cocoa powder you use really makes a difference in the final result of the recipe. If you cannot get your hands on the one I love look for one that is dark brown in color. A light brown cocoa powder just won’t have the same chocolate flavor.
I’ve also experimented with making my own Homemade Vegan Chocolate! This homemade chocolate recipe is also gluten-free, grain-free, paleo-friendly, dairy-free, hydrogenated oil-free, soy-free and nut-free, making it perfect for all types of dietary needs.
Chocolate for Breakfast
Nope, not a typo, and not a mistake that will leave you with a sugar crash later…these breakfast Vegan Chocolate Recipes are all created to make you feel amazing while satisfying your chocolate craving! My kids are absolutely obsessed with Chocolate Oatmeal, and since we make a batch of granola at least once a week, I love switching it up and adding a bit of cocoa every now and then. I also make these muffin and breakfast cookies regularly because they freeze so well and can be saved for a busy morning!
This section is kind of my specialty! It’s combining all three of my favorite things: chocolate, smoothies, and creating delicious recipes. I really love that these smoothies taste like a total indulgence, but most of them are filled with plant-based protein, hidden veggies, and amazing superfoods that power your body in ways it will LOVE. Grab a straw and enjoy!
- Vegan Salted Tahini Date Chocolate Smoothie
- Chocolate-Covered Cherry Acai Smoothie Bowl
- Creamy Vegan Mint Chocolate Smoothie
- Almond Butter Cup Smoothie (vegan + paleo)
- Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
- Mint Cacao Nib Smoothie
- Healthy Chocolate Mocha Smoothie (vegan, paleo)
- Vegan “Nutella” Smoothie Bowl with Healthy Homemade Nutella (vegan, paleo)
- Almond Butter Cup Smoothie (vegan + paleo)
Snacks with Chocolate
We LOVE Energy Bites in our house! I make a batch every week as part of my Meal Prep Routine, and I love switching it up. These snacks all have chocolate chips or a fudgy base, so they feel indulgent while also giving me and my kids amazing nutritional benefits. I totally use them as a dessert as well!
Chocolate Cookies & Bars
I love a chocolate dessert! I make them for special occasions, but they’re just as fun to include in my Meal Prep Routine and have on hand for a weeknight treat. Bird Nest Cookies are the sweetest springtime treat, and we make the Heart Rice Crispy Treats for Valentine’s Day every year. Food just makes holidays that much better!
- Vegan Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies (gluten-free + refined sugar-free)
- No-Bake Vegan Almond Butter Brown Rice Crispy Treats with Dark Chocolate Shell
- Vegan Coconut Macaroons (refined sugar-free, paleo, egg-free, gluten-free)
- No-Bake Bird Nest Cookies for Easter (vegan + paleo)
- Chocolate Heart Rice Crispy Treats (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free)
- Hanukkah Gelt Cookies (vegan + grain-free + paleo + refined sugar-free)
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies deserve a category of their own! I have several really delicious gluten-free cookie recipes, and they’re all made without refined sugar, dairy products, or eggs. These cookie recipes are so nostalgic for me! It feels like such a childhood dream to have warm Chocolate Chip Cookies on the counter in the afternoon, and it’s just as comforting for me as an adult as it is exciting for my little ones!
- Classic Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- Healthy Flourless Monster Cookies
- Vegan Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Fudgy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (this is my daughter’s recipe)
- Protein-Packed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Almond Flour Cookies with Flaked Sea Salt
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Midnight Mini Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk for New Year’s Eve
- Cranberry and Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
Vegan Candy Recipes
Every year around the holidays I try to create a vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free version of a classic candy bar. I’m getting quite the collection of allergen-free recipes that make days like Halloween even more fun! These recipes always impress, and they’re awesome ones for getting the kids involved in the kitchen, too.
- Homemade Almond Joy Bars (vegan + paleo)
- Vegan Almond Butter Cups (refined sugar-free + gluten-free)
- Easy 5-Ingredient Vegan Peppermint Patties (gluten-free + paleo)
- Easy Healthier Homemade Crunch Bars (vegan + gluten-free)
- Homemade Chocolate Candy Bars (vegan + gluten-free)
- Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles
- Easy Homemade Hanukkah Gelt (vegan + paleo)
- The Best Chocolate Bark Recipe
- Copycat Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs (vegan, paleo, peanut-free option)
Vegan Chocolate Ice Creams
If I could magically make one of my recipes appear in your freezer, then it would probably be this Vegan Ice Cream Cake! I made it for my son David’s birthday and it was a HUGE hit. It was also one of my Most Popular Posts of 2021! Most of my homemade vegan ice creams can be made with just a blender and some freezer time, so you don’t even need an ice cream maker to have dairy-free chocolate ice cream. Yes, please!
- Easy No-Churn Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream (Vegan + Paleo)
- The Best Vegan Ice Cream Cake (paleo + gluten-free + refined sugar-free)
- Vegan “Nutella” Fudge Pops with Healthy Homemade Nutella (vegan, paleo)
- No-Churn Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Creamy Chocolate Fudgesicles (vegan + gluten-free + nut-free)
- No-Churn Vegan Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
Vegan Chocolate Pudding Recipes
I love these simple chocolate pudding recipes. They’re really easy to make, and they’re also a fun dessert that totally satisfies my late-night sweet tooth. I usually top mine with Homemade Coconut Whipped Cream and a handful of fresh or frozen berries. It’s the perfect self care!
Vegan Chocolate Recipes like this are quite literally the icing on the cake! These baked goods are as much fun to make as they are to eat, and I love surprising people with a treat that’s safe for folks who are dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, soy-free, or refined sugar-free. They’re so used to passing on dessert that it’s extra rewarding when they can dig in! These donuts, cakes, and brownies are perfect for both special occasions and days that call for a bit of extra sweetness.
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting
- Baked Chocolate Chia Seed Donuts
- Vegan Hazelnut Toaster Pastries (Nutella PopTarts!) with Healthy Homemade Nutella (vegan, paleo)
- Easy Two-Tier Chocolate Sweet Potato Cake Made in Loaf Pans
- Baked Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Ganache Glaze
- Olive Oil Sweet Potato Brownies with Almond Butter Swirl and Flaky Sea Salt
- Chocolate Microwave Cake
- Fudgy Nut-Free Protein Brownies
Vegan Hot Chocolate
As soon as the temperatures drop, I start making hot chocolate. I’m a summer girl through and through, but the cold mornings are a little bit easier with a warm cup of cocoa in my hands! For the holidays I recently figured out how to make Hot Chocolate Bombs, so I can deliver my love of hot chocolate to all of our neighbors and loved ones (plus the kids go CRAZY for them!).
More Resources & Roundups
I hope you get excited about some of these Vegan Chocolate Recipes! These are probably my all-time favorite dishes to make. You can follow along and tag me on Instagram for even more fun, and be sure to leave a review below any recipes you try!
- How to Build a Chocolate Dessert Board (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe Roundup
- Ultimate Birthday Recipe Roundup: All Gluten-Free & Vegan
- Homemade Holiday: Food Gifts for Everyone!
- 115+ Vegan Blender Recipes
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Recipes to Make in the Instant Pot
- The Ultimate Vegan Smoothie Recipe Roundup
- My Favorite Dairy-Free Swaps, Recipes, & Resources