Spring has sprung, which means there's tons of colorful and delicious produce in season! These Vegan Spring Recipes feature Mother Nature's best: carrots, peas, strawberries, asparagus, lemons, and more. Make the most of this season with these delicious dishes!
Springtime is the best! I love celebrating the end of winter and looking forward to sunny days ahead. Arugula, asparagus, carrots, lemons and peas are all in season so I included tons of recipes to make the most of your produce! This Vegan Spring Recipes Roundup is packed full of recipes to make and enjoy all season long. They're sure to get you excited for summertime and feeling incredible thanks to plant-based nutrition! For a dish that uses many of these different veggies all at once, go for my Best Vegan Raw Rainbow Veggie Wraps with Hummus. A forever fave! This post has recipes featuring:
- Fresh herbs
I know arugula isn't for everyone, but I really enjoy how the naturally spicier flavor pairs with different additions. Arugula is also SO good for you! It's high in calcium, potassium, folate, and vitamins C and K. It's good for your immune system and your blood health!
Asparagus is in season from February to June, but it's best in April, making it a springtime favorite! It's also nutrient-packed with vitamin A which is important for eye, skin and immune health and vitamin K to support bone health. It even has heart-healthy fiber and essential nutrients such as folate, vitamin C and E. I love asparagus in salads, soups, or just eating it cooked in the skillet!
- Simple Vegan Cream of Asparagus Soup (paleo + Whole30)
- One-Skillet Garlic Asparagus with Sesame Seeds
- Asparagus Ribbon Salad (vegan, paleo)
- Creamy Vegan Spring Pea & Asparagus Soup
- Asparagus & Pea Soup with Parsley & Spinach
- Vegan Creamy Pasta Primavera (gluten-free)
- Orzo with Sautéed Veggies (vegan, gluten-free)
I'm SO grateful that avocados are available year-round (can you imagine living WITHOUT avocado?! No thank you!), but they're actually at their peak flavor earlier in the year! Avocados offer healthy fats, dietary fiber and nearly 20 vitamins and minerals such as potassium, folate, vitamin E, C and B6. I include avocados in everything from salads to smoothies because I love their creamy texture and delicious flavor!
- Easy Kale Salad with Avocado, Crispy Chickpea Croutons and Vegan Ranch Dressing (gluten-free)
- Vegan Chickpea Avocado "Egg" Salad Sandwich
- Crispy Quinoa and Avocado Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Broccoli Salad with Avocado
- Protein-Packed Avocado Toast
- Key Lime Pie Bars with Avocados (vegan + grain-free + refined sugar-free)
- Creamy Avocado Vanilla Smoothie with Hidden Veggies
Carrots are basically the veggie mascot of springtime! They're a favorite with my kiddos since they add a bit of sweetness, so I love making Carrot Soup and seeing how fast they gobble it up! You may have been told to eat carrots are for better eyesight (and that's true!) but they are also low in calories and offer dietary fiber. They're high in beta-carotene, which your body turns into vitamin A that's good for eye health, your immune system and healthy skin.
- Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup (vegan, paleo, Whole30)
- Whole Roasted Rainbow Carrots over Hummus with Herb Tahini Sauce (vegan + gluten-free)
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes with White Sweet Potato Frosting (vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free)
- Easy Maple Glazed Sautéed Carrots
- Toddler & Kid-Approved Creamy Vegan Carrot Soup
- Spring Root Vegetable Hash with Creamy Herb Sauce
One of my favorite ways to add depth, unique flavor, and a burst of flavor is with fresh herbs. Some of my favorite recipes are made excellent thanks to sauces and dressings filled with basil, chives, parsley, and cilantro! I prep a few good sauces every week and they make any dish feel totally special and gourmet.
Springtime just calls for lemons, doesn't it? I love adding a squeeze of lemon to so many recipes because it amplifies the flavors and adds just the right acidity! Lemons are known to be low calorie, sodium-free and high in vitamin C. A medium lemon provides 160 mg of potassium!
- Vegan Paleo Lemon Blueberry Smoothie (no banana!)
- Vegan Pasta al Limone
- Lemon Bars (vegan + gluten-free + refined sugar-free)
- Creamy Lemon-Parsley Hummus
- Lemon Olive Oil & Dill Potato Salad (No Mayo)
- Crispy Smashed Fingerling Potatoes with Lemon Herb Sauce (vegan, gluten-free)
- Creamy Lemon Dill White Bean Dip
- Fluffy Lemon Blueberry Muffins (30 Minute Recipe!)
- Creamy Lemon Smoothie
- Lemon Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
I personally think peas are totally underrated. Fresh peas are sweet and taste like pure springtime! I use them in classic pea soup, but I also love them in hummus and even mashed as a side with cauliflower steaks! Peas are low-calorie while also providing plant-based protein. They have vitamin A for healthy eyes and skin as well as vitamin C and iron. Peas are also an excellent source of dietary fiber!
Ooh, I love a fresh carton of strawberries. Endless possibilities! I always have strawberries in my freezer for smoothies and treats, but they're so much fun to use fresh on salads or even in salsa. Strawberries are high in vitamin C and a great source of folate. To find the best strawberries, take a smell! If they smell sweet they will taste sweet. Store strawberries unwashed in the refrigerator for 1-3 days. I like to tuck an unbleached paper towel in the container to absorb excess moisture and keep them fresher longer. Wait to wash them until you're ready to use them!
- Vegan Strawberry Vinaigrette (Easy and Creamy)
- Paleo + Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Cake
- Strawberries and Cream Veggie-Filled Vegan Smoothie
- Almond Pulp Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie
- No-Bake Vegan and Gluten-Free Cheesecake topped with strawberries is...SO GOOD!
- Strawberry Salsa or Strawberry Salsa with Avocado
- Spring Vegan Meal Plan
- Plant-Based Gluten-Free Meal Prep: Foods I Prep Every Week!
- How to Bulk Prep for Healthy Meals (+ Easy Thai Spring Rolls Recipe)
- Kid-Friendly Vegan Dinners: Recipes Kids Love
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Mother's Day Recipes
- Beginner's Guide to Starting a Veggie & Herb Garden
- 115+ Vegan Blender Recipes (gluten-free + refined sugar-free too!)
- Vegan St. Patrick's Day Recipes
- Spring Holiday Menu Inspiration + Brunch Dishes
- Vegan Rainbow Recipes