This simple Creamy Vegan Peppermint Patty Smoothie adds a fresh, bright kick to your morning or snack time! It's filled with nourishing ingredients and energetic peppermint that makes you smile at first sip.
Do you love minty flavored treats? I am such a fan! I created this Creamy Vegan Peppermint Patty Smoothie to taste just like the peppermint patty candy that I crave, but it's loaded with great nutrition and good-for-you ingredients. It's such a refreshing breakfast that wakes me up with a smile and a burst of energy! It's so good and quick to make that I sometimes have it for a sweet afternoon snack, too. I think you're going to love it!
Ingredients in Vegan Peppermint Patty Smoothie
This is a really simple smoothie base that lets the peppermint flavor take center stage!
- Plant-based milk - Any kind will work here! I love almond milk when I make this recipe.
- Frozen riced cauliflower - You can find this at most grocery stores in the frozen vegetable section!
- Raw blanched slivered almonds - Raw cashews would also be delicious here.
- Medjool dates - Double check that they're pitted before throwing them in the blender!
- Peppermint extract - Not mint extract! Mint has more of a spearmint flavor, so I've found that peppermint is better in this smoothie.
Riced Cauliflower in Smoothies
This is kind of a smoothie secret ingredient superpower! Frozen riced cauliflower is kind of like spinach...it might seem weird at first, but it actually blends into the smoothie without any strong flavor. It adds tons of fabulous nutrition and luxurious creaminess to this drink! Cauliflower is nutrient-rich and low in calories while offering dietary fiber, vitamin C, and folic acid.
Naturally Sweetened Peppermint Patty Smoothie
I used soft Medjool dates to sweeten this smoothie! Dates come from a date palm tree and are naturally “dehydrated.” They are naturally sweet, moist, juicy, and have a distinct caramel flavor. From a health perspective, they have amazing benefits. They contain loads of fiber which aids in weight loss, digestion and heart health. Dates are fat-free, sodium-free and cholesterol-free while also containing nutritious vitamins and minerals including zinc, copper, magnesium, manganese, vitamin B6, niacin, calcium, iron and vitamin K. Dates also contain 50% more potassium than a banana (weight for weight)! Potassium builds muscles, regulates your heartbeat, controls fluid balances and breaks down carbohydrates. All of these benefits in a sweetening ingredient?! I love it.
Best Smoothie Boosters
All of these add-ins are optional for this smoothie, but they add some really wonderful nutritional benefits. Take a personal inventory of what it feels like your body needs and add boosters accordingly!
- Chia seeds are low in calories and offer important nutrients including essential fatty acids (omega-3 and 6), antioxidants, and minerals such as calcium, iron, and magnesium. They are also rich in fiber that helps you feel full longer and promotes digestive health.
- Hemp seeds (or hemp hearts) are a really great way to add plant-based protein and essential fatty acids. They have a nutty flavor that is SO delicious in smoothies! Hemp seeds also contain vitamin E, potassium, iron, and calcium. Whole hemp seeds are also high in fiber, making them good for your tummy!
- Baby spinach will change the color of your smoothie, but it's a great way to add leafy greens into your cup! You really can’t taste spinach in a smoothie like this one. Spinach is high in vitamins C, K, and A. It also has folate, manganese, magnesium, and iron.
This Peppermint Patty Smoothie is vegan, so it's made without dairy, and it's free of gluten, soy, and refined sugar. It also tastes great! If you make it, I hope you'll leave a review on this post and tag me on Instagram so I can see your delicious smoothies.
If this smoothie looks good, you'll be excited to know that I have an entire cookbook filled with delicious, innovative smoothies that you can't find on the blog! It's available as both an e-book (which you can instantly download) and on Amazon.
More Smoothie Recipes
Creamy Vegan Mint Chocolate Smoothie
Tropical Green Protein Smoothie
Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
Vegan Wild Blueberry and Almond Butter Smoothie
Minty Kale Smoothie
Healthy Vegan Birthday Cake Smoothie
Creamy Minty Wheatgrass Smoothie
Easy No-Nut Vegan Protein Smoothie
Dye-Free Copycat Vegan Shamrock Shake
Also be sure to try my recipe for homemade vegan peppermint patties. It is just 5 ingredients and SO creamy, dreamy!
This Vegan Peppermint Patty Smoothie is filled with nourishing ingredients and energetic peppermint that makes you smile at first sip.
For the smoothie
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower (unflavored)
- 1 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk (or plant-based milk of choice)
- ¼ cup raw blanched slivered almonds (or sub raw cashews)
- 6 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract (not mint)*
- 2 cups ice cubes
Optional Smoothie Boosters
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- baby spinach (this will obviously impact the color but the mint flavor hides the taste of spinach REALLY well so it is a good option here)
- ¼ cup vegan dark chocolate drizzle (melt chocolate with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to make a quick and easy "magic shell" for the top
- vegan york peppermint patties
- fresh mint
- Add cauliflower, almond milk, almonds, dates and peppermint extract to a high speed blender. Add any desired smoothie boosters to the blender as well. Blend on the highest speed for at least 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Add 1 cup of ice and blend again until smooth. Taste and add another cup of ice if a frostier smoothie is desired (I love a frosty smoothie personally and always add the second cup of ice). Blend again until perfectly smooth and creamy. Pour into 2 glasses and garnish as desired. I love to add a chocolate drizzle overtop for an authentic chocolate/peppermint combo.
*Mint extract or mint flavor has a more spearmint flavor. For an authentic peppermint patty flavor you want peppermint extract.
The chocolate will harden quickly so I like to keep the melted chocolate nearby and drizzle it overtop as I enjoy the smoothie so I get melty chocolate in every bite.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
Keywords: vegan peppermint patty smoothie