This smoothie is giving me brightness, life and all the good vibes lately. It is simple to make and tastes so creamy, citrusy and refreshing. When I’m craving something nourishing and fun this is what I make. I usually enjoy it first thing in the morning or as a post-workout snack.
To make this smoothie you only need five ingredients: orange, frozen mango, milk of choice, dates and ice. Together it creates a bright and uplifting smoothie that tastes sweet and satisfying. My husband absolutely loves this smoothie after a workout and my kids keep requesting it first thing in the morning. It is never a bad time to make this vitamin-C packed smoothie.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free and peanut-free. I also provide a nut-free option. If you give this a try, please snap a pic and tag #eatingbyelaine and @eatingbyelaine on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook so I can see your creations.
This bright and refreshing smoothie is so delicious and easy to make. With just five ingredients you can whip it up fast and enjoy first thing in the morning or after a workout. It is hydrating, citrusy and perfectly sweet.
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted (soaked in advance if you do not have a high speed blender)
- 1 large navel orange, skin removed
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk (or plain, unsweetened milk of choice)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Place dates, orange, mango and milk in your blender in the order listed (dates first). Blend until smooth and creamy. Add ice and blend again until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
- Category: Breakfast or Snack
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free, nut-free option