Grab a sparkler and get ready to celebrate Independence Day! This roundup of Vegan Fourth of July Recipes has watermelon, grilling favorites, and plenty of red, white, and blue for a totally patriotic plant-based and gluten-free menu.
The summer really does fly by every year, and before I know it, I'm starting to plan a menu for the Fourth of July! Luckily, some of my favorite foods are summertime classics. I love making pasta salads, grilling outside is my absolute favorite, and I get so excited to make themed red, white, and blue treats! These Vegan Fourth of July Recipes are the ones I'll be choosing from as I create a menu this Independence Day. I hope you enjoy them as much as I know I will!
Red, White, & Blue Vegan Fourth of July Recipes
You might already know this about me, but I LOVE a themed food. I have so much fun making seasonal treats and snacks for my family year-round, and these Vegan Fourth of July Recipes are no exception! They're made in patriotic red, white, and blue, and they're fun to serve all summer long...but especially on Independence Day!
Vegan Watermelon Recipes
We cannot get enough watermelon in the summertime! Of course, everyone loves to eat it plain, but when I buy an especially big melon I like to use it for these recipes. I'm 100% serious when I say that at any given moment in the summertime at least one of my kids has a popsicle in their hand...and more often than not it's these one-ingredient Watermelon Popsicles!
We absolutely LOVE happy hour in our house! Bobby makes the best drinks, whether they're cocktails for the grownups or mocktails for the kids. Blended drinks are also one of my favorite ways to make a fun afternoon snack that won't fill everyone up too much before dinner!
Dairy-Free July 4th Dips
I am all about the dip! It's my favorite way to encourage my kids to try something new (they love hummus and we make it every week), grown-ups are always excited about a bowl of French onion (my personal fave!), and I love making salsa with fresh summertime produce. Serve these dips with your favorite chip, Easy Homemade Seed Crackers or Easy Almond Flour Crackers!
Pasta, Potato, & Veggie Salads
These recipes are truly my go-to dishes for summertime! They're perfect for making ahead of time since the flavors only get better when they spend a bit of time in the refrigerator. I love that I can prep in the morning or the night before, then pull them out for lunch as soon as everyone gets hungry!
- Pasta Salads: Vegan Summer Macaroni Pasta Salad (no-mayo option), Creamy Vegan Picnic Pasta Salad (no-mayo), Best Vegan Mediterranean Veggie Pasta Salad, Creamy Broccoli & Zucchini Pasta Salad (vegan + gluten-free)
- Potato Salad: Lemon Olive Oil & Dill Potato Salad (No Mayo), Vegan Tzatziki Potato Salad
- Greek Salads: The Best Easy Greek Orzo Salad (vegan + gluten-free), Vegan Mediterranean Quinoa Salad, Mediterranean Zucchini Noodle Salad, Simple Greek Village Salad (Horiatiki: Tomato Cucumber Salad)
- Colorful Veggie Salads: Creamy Vegan Cucumber Salad with Dill and Red Onion, Broccoli Salad with California Avocado, Vegan Beet Tzatziki Salad
- Quinoa & Rice: Brown Rice Black Bean Salad with Mango and Avocado, Jennifer Aniston Viral "Perfect Salad" Recipe (made vegan + gluten-free), Easy Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Slaws: Easy Southwestern Jicama Black Bean Slaw (vegan), Garlic Cilantro Lime No Mayo Coleslaw Recipe, Vegan Summer Slaw
It doesn't really feel like the Fourth of July until the grill is fired up! We cook outside all summer long, so by the time Independence Day rolls around we have a few favorites to make. These Vegan Fourth of July Recipes are all made on the grill, and they're filled with delicious summertime flavor!
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms & Onions
- Burgers: Grillable Quinoa Black Bean Veggie Burger, California Avocado Veggie Burger, or Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
- Rainbow Veggie Kebabs with Chimichurri Sauce
- Grilled Sweet Potato Fries
- Quinoa & Mango Stuffed Grilled Avocado
- Grilled Veggie Pesto Pasta (vegan + gluten-free)
Vegan 4th of July Treats
Fourth of July sweets are incredibly nostalgic to me! I love having an after-dinner treat when the kids are all bathed and worn out after a full day of swimming and playing in the sun...especially if there are fireworks involved! It's a mellow, happy time that just calls for a special dessert. These are our family's favorites...and it's always good to have Coconut Whipped Cream on hand no matter the dessert plan!
- Chocolate Pudding & Pops: No-Cook, No-Avocado Vegan Chocolate Pudding, Instant Vegan Chocolate Pudding (refined sugar-free), Vegan "Nutella" Fudge Pops. or Creamy Chocolate Fudgesicles (vegan + gluten-free + nut-free)
- Cobbler & Crisp: Vegan Gluten-Free Grilled Peach Cobbler (no refined sugars), Vegan Paleo Blueberry Galette (refined sugar-free), Vegan & Gluten-Free Blueberry Cobbler, Easy Vegan Apple Crisp
- Ice cream: Easy Blender Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream (paleo + refined sugar-free), No-Churn Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, and No-Churn Vegan Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Sorbet: Easy Homemade Mango Sorbet (refined sugar-free), Easy Dairy-Free Dole Whip (Pineapple Soft Serve), Homemade Dye-Free Strawberry Snow Cones, or 2-Ingredient Strawberry Sorbet
- Cake: No-Bake Vegan and Gluten-Free Cheesecake, No-Bake Vegan & Gluten-Free Chocolate Cheesecake, or Vegan + Paleo Strawberry Shortcake Cake
- Bars: Vegan Gluten-Free Lemon Bars (refined sugar-free), Vegan Grain-Free Key Lime Pie Bars, No-Bake Vegan Almond Butter Brown Rice Crispy Treats with Dark Chocolate Shell (gluten-free + refined sugar-free), Vegan Gluten-Free Blueberry Crumble Bars (refined sugar-free)
More Summertime Resources for Vegan Eating
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Father's Day Recipes and The Father's Day Gift Guide
- Vegan Picnic Recipes
- Easy Summer Vegan Gluten-Free Meal Plan + Helpful Grocery List
- Foods That Reduce Waste: Eco-Friendly Vegan Recipes!
- Vegan Memorial Day Weekend Recipes (all gluten-free and naturally sweetened too!)
- Ultimate Vegan Smoothie Recipe Roundup
- The Ultimate Vegan and Gluten-Free Camping Recipe Roundup
- 115+ Vegan Blender Recipes (gluten-free + refined sugar-free too!)
- Vegan Mother's Day Recipes and the Mother's Day Gift Guide (40+ ideas)
- Ultimate Vegan Back to School Recipe Roundup
- Beginners Guide to Starting a Veggie/Herb Garden
- Plant-Based Gluten-Free Meal Prep: Foods I Prep Every Week!
- Ultimate Gluten-Free + Vegan Birthday Recipe Roundup