Fresh summertime produce and patriotic colors make this salad a must-have for outdoor meals in the warmer months. Chopped Romaine, fresh berries, vibrant red onion, vegan feta, and homemade Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing make this Red, White, and Blueberry Salad the most delicious dish on any table!
When it's hot outside and we've been playing in the sunshine, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven or stovetop! That's why I love having recipes like this one on hand. It's a Red, White, and Blueberry Salad that's filled with fresh, hydrating ingredients that just taste delicious on a hot day. The patriotic colors also make it so fun to make on the Fourth of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day or Veteran's Day! This is the perfect blend of sweet summer fruits and savory salad ingredients. It's so satisfying!
Red, White, and Blueberry Salad Ingredients
- Romaine Hearts - I like to chop my lettuce pretty small to make eating easier!
- Fresh strawberries - Prepare your strawberries by washing, hulling (that means removing the green leaves and cap!), and slicing.
- Fresh blueberries - The recipe calls for a half cup, but you can do a little more if your family loves blueberries as much as mine does!
- Red onion - Peel your onion and slice it as thin as you can.
- Crumbled vegan feta - This is optional, but I love the white color, tangy flavor, and creamy texture they add! I love Violife brand from Sprouts or Whole Foods.
- Creamy Vegan Poppy Seed Dressing - Use any creamy, sweet white dressing you like! This recipe is hands down my favorite, though.
All About Strawberries
The red in this salad comes from strawberries! Strawberries are high in vitamin C and a great source of folate. When shopping for strawberries, look for berries that smell sweet, have a firm texture with a shiny look, and bright red color with fresh-looking green caps. Store unwashed strawberries in the fridge for 1-3 days. Placing an unbleached paper towel in the container helps absorb moisture and results in strawberries that stay fresh longer. Wait until right before adding them into your Red, White, and Blueberry Salad to wash them!
All About Blueberries
Blueberries bring bright color and flavor to this Red, White, and Blueberry Salad! Plus that juicy sweet berry burst texture when you get one in a bite. Blueberries are free of fat, sodium, and cholesterol while being high in vitamin C and K as well as manganese and fiber. Recent research is showing that diets that include blueberries result in supported brain health and a lower risk of age-related cognitive impairment (source). Plus, according to the Produce for Better Health Foundation, blueberries, as part of a low sodium diet, may reduce the risk of high blood pressure (source).
Vegan Poppy Seed Dressing
I used my white Creamy Vegan Poppy Seed Dressing on this salad. It's sweet, creamy, and adds a bit of plant-based protein thanks to the cashew base! You can sub any sweet, creamy dressing you like, but this is definitely my first choice on this dish for both the patriotic theme as well as the flavor and texture.
The Best Vegan Feta Cheese
The feta cheese crumbles in this salad are optional, but I love the flavor and texture they add. I always grab the brand VioLife for vegan cheeses! They have a super clean ingredient list and they really do taste like real cheese. The feta crumbles are one of my favorite salad toppings!
This Red, White, and Blueberry Salad is totally vegan (no dairy or eggs, even in the creamy dressing!), gluten-free, soy-free, and made without refined sugar. It's a nutritious, nourishing dish that everyone can enjoy! I hope you'll tag me on Instagram if you make this salad, and please don't forget to leave a review below!
Simple Greek Village Tomato & Cucumber Salad (Horiatiki)
Pear & Roasted Beet Arugula Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts
Mango-Avocado Quinoa Salad with Toasted Pepitas
Watermelon Avocado Mint Feta Salad
Spinach Quinoa Salad with Roasted Blueberry Vinaigrette
Crispy Quinoa Salad with Avocado
Asparagus Ribbon Salad
Mediterranean Zucchini Noodle Salad
Easy Red, White and Blueberry Salad (vegan + paleo)
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Romaine, berries, red onion, vegan feta, and Poppy Seed Dressing make Red, White, and Blueberry Salad the most delicious dish on any table!
- 7 ounces romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled vegan feta cheese (optional)
- 1 batch Creamy Vegan Poppy Seed Dressing (or sub ~1 cup of any creamy, sweet white dressing)
- Add chopped romaine hearts, berries, red onion, and optional vegan feta cheese to a large salad bowl or large mixing bowl. Pour dressing overtop and toss well. Add extra strawberry slices and blueberries overtop for presentation if desired. Enjoy immediately.
nesting lidded glass mixing bowlsBuy Now →
glass storage containers with lid - smallBuy Now →
knife set (code ELAINE for 10% off)Buy Now →
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Salad
Keywords: red white and blue salad
Leave a Reply