Bookmark this page! This Vegan Eating Resource Guide is filled with every roundup and resource you need for plant-based, gluten-free, allergy-friendly foods...all made right at home!
I've spent my lifetime experimenting with recipes! Eating by Elaine is filled with the results of that learning. It's filled with resources for plant-based, family-friendly eating with fresh, whole ingredients. I have a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree in addition to being a Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES) through the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC). All of the information on my site is researched through reputable, evidence-based and scientific sources. This Vegan Eating Resource Guide is a collection of every roundup and resource on my site. I hope it's a helpful guide for you!
All the recipes on my blog are vegan (meat-free, dairy-free and egg-free), gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free and refined sugar-free. Many of them are also paleo, grain-free and nut-free as well.
Meal Planning and Food Prep
Eating plant-based, homemade meals does require a little bit of prep! The good news is, the more you do it, the easier it becomes. Just like any other good habit! In these posts I've covered the basics of my meal-prep process and the dishes and ingredients I rely on each week.
Vegan Eating with Kids
My three little ones can often be found in the kitchen cooking right along with me! Involving my kids in the cooking process helps them learn important skills and makes them want to eat the food they have worked so hard to prepare. Cooking with kids is actually really fun and rewarding (despite the mess!). I love including my little ones in my ongoing kitchen experiments and adventures!
- Kid-Friendly Vegan Dinners: Recipes Kids Love
- Healthy After-School Snack Board (Vegan + Gluten-Free + Refined Sugar-Free)
- Healthy Snacking Tips for Kids and Toddlers
- Fun with Food: Halloween Fun with Food (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free), Fun with Food: Hanukkah Snacks Edition (vegan + gluten-free), Fun with Food: Christmas 2020 Edition and Fun with Food: Christmas 2021 Edition (vegan + gluten-free)
I don't believe in crash, fad or trend diets. Instead, I encourage small steps and simple swaps that will help you feel your best! I want to make healthier eating feel totally approachable and, of course, absolutely delicious. As an adult, I've had chronic migraines that have the potential to be debilitating. I've found that the food I eat has a noticeable impact on my health and I can lessen or avoid migraines by avoiding my trigger foods like dairy, gluten, soy, eggs, peanuts and refined sugar.
As my site has grown, I've seen so many fun themes emerge! I started creating these roundups to help you satisfy cravings, enjoy holidays with themed foods, meal plan and see just how many plant-based and allergy-friendly options there are for you to enjoy.
- Vegan Rainbow Recipes
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Recipes From Around the World
- The Ultimate Gluten-Free & Vegan Pasta Recipe Roundup
- The Ultimate Vegan Sauces Roundup
- Healthy Comfort Food Recipes (vegan + gluten-free)
- Best Immunity Boosting Recipes (vegan + gluten-free + refined sugar-free)
- Ultimate Vegan Soup Recipe Roundup...plus, Garnishes to Turn Your Soup into a Meal
Fall & Winter
There's something so satisfying about creating warm, comforting and nutritious recipes in the kitchen when it's cold outside! Apples, pumpkins and even winter squash are in so many Eating by Elaine recipes. You're going to love making these recipes all season long!
- Ultimate Vegan Football Food Roundup (Gluten-Free)
- Ultimate Vegan Back to School Recipe Roundup - All Gluten-Free, Soy-Free and Refined Sugar-Free
- Fall Smoothie Recipe Round Up (vegan + refined sugar-free)
- Pumpkin Recipes: the Ultimate Vegan and Gluten-Free Roundup
- Apple Recipes: the Ultimate Roundup (Vegan + Gluten-Free + Refined Sugar-Free) and 10 Healthy Apple Recipes That Will Make You Swoon (Vegan + Gluten-Free + Nut-Free)
- Winter Squash Recipes (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
Spring & Summer
I'm happiest when the sun is out! I look forward to pool days with my kids all year long. We're happiest when we're outside enjoying the sunshine and playing in the water! You'll find tons of fun frozen treats and fresh spring and summer produce featured on Eating by Elaine.
Instant Pot & Blender
Let's talk appliances! Without competition, the most-used appliance in my kitchen is my KitchenAid Pro blender. I always joke that I don't ask for diamonds...a professional-grade blender has me swooning! Bobby got me my blender as a gift and I haven't stopped using it since. I also use the Instant Pot to quickly cook so many favorites, from everyday staples like rice and quinoa to more seasonal favorites like Homemade Applesauce and Pumpkin Puree make from scratch.
- Vegan Gluten-Free Recipes to Make in the Instant Pot
- 115+ Vegan Blender Recipes (gluten-free + refined sugar-free too!)
- Ultimate Vegan Smoothie Recipe Roundup
- The Best Green Juice: How to Make Juice in a Blender (No Juicer Needed!)
- How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree in the Instant Pot
- Easy Coconut Rice in the Instant Pot
- Vegan Vanilla Blender Ice Cream
- Easy Instant Pot Homemade Applesauce
- How to Make Perfectly Cooked Quinoa in the Instant Pot
My Cookbook: Rock Your Blender!
Smoothies are my absolute favorite thing to make! Any time I hear about a really delicious treat, I immediately start dreaming about how to make a smoothie version. My kids and I enjoy smoothies almost every day...and sometimes multiple times a day! Because of this obsession, I wrote an entire cookbook dedicated to smoothies. It's called Rock Your Blender, and it's available as an e-Book instant download or a paper copy on Amazon. These recipes are exclusive to the book and won't be found on the site!
I think that sometimes when people hear words like "vegan," "gluten-free," and especially "refined sugar-free" they assume that I just skip dessert or never crave chocolate. In fact, the opposite is true! I am a TOTAL Chocoholic and I eat dessert every day. Check out these resources for the absolutely delicious treats I love to make and enjoy!
How I Cook With Pantry Staples
Pantry Staples That Do it All is a newer series on the blog that shows all of the ways I use affordable, easy-to-store pantry ingredients! These vegan staples are filled with nutrition and can be made into so many different recipes, you'll quickly see just why I say they can do it all.
Do you hate meal planning? Dread making a shopping list? Don't even know where to start with a week of nutritious eating? Need a restart to plant-based eating? I'm here to help! I assembled these meal plans filled with in-season fruits and veggies, and they're totally free! Each one has five days of breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus snacks, drinks, and dessert...and I even made you a shopping list!
- Spring: Spring Vegan Meal Plan (Gluten-Free + Refined Sugar-Free)
- Summer: Easy Summer Vegan Gluten-Free Meal Plan + Helpful Grocery List
- Fall: Vegan and Gluten-Free Fall Meal Plan
- Winter: Vegan Gluten-Free Winter Meal Plan + Shopping List
- Vegan Meal Plan (Gluten-Free and Refined Sugar-Free!)
- Our Family Weekly Meal Plan (vegan and gluten-free)
- My Weekly Meal Plan (vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free)
Eliminating dairy can feel really overwhelming! Luckily, there are so many ways to add satisfying, creamy and delicious texture and flavor to any recipe. These posts cover the plant-based milks and cheeses (and even whipped cream!) that I rely on to keep animal products out of my kitchen.
- Favorite Dairy-Free Swaps: The Ultimate Dairy-Free Resource And Recipe Guide
- How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews Properly - Overnight and Quick Soak Method
- Easy Homemade Vegan Cashew Cream or, if you're nut-free, try Easy Sunflower Seed Cream Sauce
- Make your own plant-based milks: The Best Homemade Almond Milk (+ What to Do with the Leftover Pulp!), How to Make Oat Milk and Easy Homemade Cashew Milk (Vegan, Paleo, Refined Sugar-Free)
- How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream
Eating by Elaine Staple Recipes
These are the recipes you're going to see me mention again and again! Some of them, like roasted garlic or cashew cream, and frequent ingredients in bigger dishes. Others, like granola or hummus, are dishes that I make multiple times a week for snacking!
- How to Roast Garlic Perfectly
- Easy Homemade Vegan Cashew Cream
- How to Make Caramelized Onions
- Easy Granola Recipe (refined sugar-free + vegan)
- Perfectly Cooked Quinoa: How to Make It On the Stovetop
- Homemade Raw Creamy Almond Butter
- How to Make Pumpkin Puree (easy oven method)
- Quick & Easy Creamy Hummus
- Thick & Creamy Chia Seed Pudding
Eating by Elaine: Go-To Ingredients
How do I stock my pantry? What are my go-to ingredients? These are the items I buy in bulk and use often. If you start making my recipes regularly, you'll see how valuable these go-to ingredients are...and how many ways you can use them to create incredibly delicious foods!
- Maple Syrup - Since I don't eat any refined sugar, I rely on maple as a natural sweetener! This is made from one ingredient: sap from maple trees. It's different from the table syrup that you'd put on pancakes or waffles; there's no added high-fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors. It adds a subtle sweetness to so many of my favorite dishes! I buy this big bottle of maple since I use it so often. I'll also sometimes use Pure Maple Sugar, which is made from pure maple that's been cooked a bit longer and granulated!
- Cashews - I use a LOT of cashews! They're the main source of dairy-free, creamy texture in my cooking. I buy raw, unsalted cashews that are perfect for soaking. Want to know why I soak my cashews? Click here! These are the cashews I recommend. For nut-free friends, use sunflower seeds instead!
- Pasta - Find a gluten-free pasta you love and you'll never look back! I love Jovial pasta and Andean Dream.
- Chocolate Chips - I probably eat chocolate every day! My favorite brand of vegan, no-sugar-added, paleo chocolate is Hu (use my code ELAINE for 10% off)!
- Almond flour - Many of my baked goods have a base of oat flour (this is made simply by pulsing gluten-free oats in a food processor or high-speed blender) and almond flour. I use superfine, blanched Almond Flour...not almond meal!
- Olive oil - This is a pantry staple for everyone, but I think high-quality olive oil makes a big difference when it comes to homemade dressings and roasting veggies. I love Pomora brand Olive Oil (use my code EBE25 for a discount).
- Hemp hearts - I love hemp seeds! They're a really tasty plant-based protein with a subtle, nutty flavor. I add a spoonful into most of my smoothies, I sprinkle them on salads, and we put them on toast.
Holidays and Celebrations
Confession time: I am an absolute dork when it comes to holidays, and I think I get just as giddy as the kids do! Why resist a reason to make an ordinary day feel fun and special?! My love of food and love of holidays have resulted in TONS of seasonal dishes, themed snacks and really fun menu-planning ideas for every holiday in the year.
- New Year: 60+ Vegan and Gluten-Free New Year's Eve Recipes and Nourish in the New Year: 135+ Vegan and Gluten-Free Recipes!
- Valentine's Day: Vegan Valentine's Day Recipes: Plant-Based, Gluten-Free Dishes to Celebrate Love!
- St. Patrick's Day: Vegan St Patrick's Day Recipes and St Patrick's Day Snack Board
- Easter: Vegan Easter Recipes (gluten-free)
- Cinco de Mayo: 27 Vegan and Gluten-Free Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Mother's Day & Father's Day: Vegan and Gluten-Free Mother's Day Recipes and Our Favorite Plant-Based Father's Day Brunch and Cookout Recipes
- Labor Day: Ultimate Vegan Labor Day Recipe Roundup
- Rosh Hashanah: Ultimate Rosh Hashanah Recipe Roundup (vegan + gluten-free)
- Halloween: Ultimate Halloween Recipe Roundup (vegan + gluten-free) and Halloween Fun with Food (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free), Healthy Halloween Toast
- Thanksgiving: Vegan and Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup, 26 Last Minute Vegan & Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipes (Mostly Nut-Free Too!), 14 Healthy Vegan, Gluten-Free and Allergy-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes, Our 2020 Thanksgiving Menu: A Sample Thanksgiving Menu for a Small Group
- Hanukkah: Ultimate Vegan Hanukkah Recipe Roundup, Fun with Food: Hanukkah Snacks Edition (vegan + gluten-free) and Vegan Grilled Cheese Star of David Sandwiches
- Christmas: Best Vegan and Gluten-Free Christmas Recipes, Fun with Food: Christmas 2020 Edition and Fun with Food: Christmas 2021 Edition (vegan + gluten-free)
- Holiday Gifting: Eating by Elaine Holiday Gift Guide and Homemade Holiday: Food Gifts for Everyone!
- Birthdays: Ultimate Gluten-Free + Vegan Birthday Recipe Roundup
Top Recipes Each Year
Every year I look forward to seeing which recipes my readers got most excited about! I love making these posts filled with YOUR favorite recipes. Check out these favorites from each year!