These Vegan Valentine's Day Recipes are perfect for celebrating love. There are heart-shaped treats, pink and red galore, and every recipe you need for a sweet date night at home!
Valentine's Day is coming soon, and it's absolutely one of my favorites. I thought this holiday would get less exciting after I had kids and had been married for a couple years, but it's actually gotten MORE fun! It's really sweet to shower my kids with all things pink, red, and heart-shaped, and I adore hearing them talk about all the people they love.
I love thinking about all the different kinds of love in my life: I have immediate and extended family, neighbors and community members, and my friends (both in real life and online!) in addition to my sweetheart Bobby.
These Vegan Valentine's Day Recipes are a celebration of love in ALL of the many forms it comes in! I hope they help you feel a little extra warm and fuzzy this year.
Holidays are the perfect time to go all out for breakfast! Starting the day with a festive themed meal makes everyone happy. I love that these dishes are all refined sugar-free and filled with plant-based ingredients, so they have a nutritious start to the day.
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Baked Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Ganache Glaze
- Strawberry Heart Vegan Yogurt Parfaits for Valentine’s Day
- Homemade Vegan Pop-Tarts Stuffed with Raspberry Chia Jam...or try my Nutella Pop-Tarts!
- Easy Creamy Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal
- Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Granola
- The Best Vegan Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
Smoothies are my favorite thing to make! I have smoothie flavors for every holiday (I even have a Candy Corn Smoothie for Halloween and a Red, White, and Blue Smoothie for fourth of July!), and Valentine's Day is no exception. Pink and red smoothies, decadent chocolate, or one of each? I'd definitely choose one of each!
- Vegan "Nutella" Smoothie Bowl
- Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
- Creamy Pink Smoothie Bowl (vegan + paleo + refined sugar-free)
- Easy Healthy Strawberry Milkshake
- Creamy Pitaya Beet Smoothie
- Creamy Vegan Mint Chocolate Smoothie
Soups, Salads & Appetizers
Having a really tasty soup, salad, or appetizer is one of the best ways to make Valentine's Day at home feel special. Because we have little ones in the house, I like having a smaller dish to hold us over until the kids are in bed. Then, we can sit down together for a quiet, uninterrupted meal! These appetizers, soups, and salads are my top picks for a Vegan Valentine's Day.
- Best Ever Creamy Beet Hummus
- Spinach Quinoa Salad with Roasted Blueberry Vinaigrette
- Best Vegan Paleo French Onion Dip (sprinkle pomegranate arils on top for a festive touch!)
- Vegan Strawberry Vinaigrette (Easy and Creamy)
- Sweet Potato Rounds with Vegan Ricotta and Toasted Walnuts
- Quinoa Minestrone Soup (vegan + gluten-free)
- Crispy Quinoa and Avocado Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
I personally think pasta is the perfect special occasion dinner! If you're cooking at home this year (Bobby and I love doing a date night in!), pasta is super easy to prepare; plus, a few extra special touches make it feel like a restaurant dish. My go-to pasta boosters are Perfectly Roasted Garlic and Caramelized Onions. Both of these can be made ahead of time, and then added in to bring allllll the flavor while you cook!
- Vegan Pink Creamy Pasta made with Beets
- Creamy Vegan Garlic Mushroom Fettuccini
- Red Wine Spaghetti with Mushrooms and Parsley-Pesto (vegan + gluten-free)
- Caramelized Onion Apple Pasta with Sage (vegan + gluten-free)
- Easy Vegan Basil Pesto (low oil)
- The Best Italian Vegan Meatballs Ever! (gluten-free + soy-free too)
- Easy Creamy Vegan Pasta Sauce (paleo)
- Vegan Baked Feta Pasta
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio (Pasta with Roasted Garlic, Olive Oil, Chile and Parsley)
- Pasta Fresca (vegan + gluten-free)
- Easy One-Pot Pasta
- Creamy Vegan Garlic Mushroom Fettuccini
- Chunky Tomato Basil Spaghetti
Once I have a main dish picked out the rest of the menu falls right into place! These Vegan Valentine's Day recipes are perfect for a meal that feels a little extra special. Bon Appetit!
- Skillet White Pizza with Caramelized Onions, Roasted Garlic and Basil...or make your own pizza creation with this Cast Iron Skillet Pizza Crust (yeast-free, vegan, gluten-free, paleo) and Easy Vegan Mozzarella Cheese!
- Cauliflower Steak Marbella with Roasted Chickpeas
- Quinoa-Pecan Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Cauliflower Steaks with Lemony Mashed Peas and Mint
- Hemp Seed-Crusted Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Green Tahini Sauce
I like to keep the sides simple when I'm making a meal that feels special because I don't want to be so burnt out from dinner prep that I don't enjoy the actual meal! These recipes are some of my favorite, easy side dishes that make any main dish pop.
- Mini Hasselback Potatoes with Vegan Herby Garlic Aioli or Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Simple Sauteed Broccoli with Garlic or Perfectly Steamed Broccoli in the Instant Pot
- Easy Restaurant-Style Sautéed Mushrooms
- Crispy Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Best Vegan Mashed Potatoes...or try Instant Pot Vegan Mashed Potatoes or Vegan Mashed Cauliflower with Roasted Garlic!
- Maple Roasted Cauliflower, Crispy Oven-Roasted Cauliflower, or Best Crispy BBQ Roasted Cauliflower
This is the main event! Dessert on Valentine's Day is the most fun to plan. I love all things chocolate, which means I've created gluten-free and vegan desserts to satisfy that craving. Full disclosure: I'll probably end up making a couple of these desserts to share with my family. I just can't resist!
- Cupcakes: Vegan Chocolate Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting or Best Vegan + Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes
- Cake: Strawberry Shortcake Cake, Easy Two-Tier Chocolate Sweet Potato Cake Made in Loaf Pans!, or Best Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Beet Cake with Chocolate Ganache Frosting (refined sugar-free)
- Crispy Treats: Chocolate Heart Rice Crispy Treats (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free) or No-Bake Vegan Almond Butter Brown Rice Crispy Treats with Dark Chocolate Shell
- Brownies: Vegan and Gluten-Free Olive Oil Sweet Potato Brownies with Almond Butter Swirl and Flaky Sea Salt or No-Bake Flourless Brownie Energy Bites for a brownie snack
- Ice Cream: Easy No-Churn Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream (Vegan + Paleo) (my personal favorite!) or 2-Ingredient Strawberry Sorbet
- Pudding: Instant Vegan Chocolate Pudding (refined sugar-free), No-Cook, No-Avocado Vegan Chocolate Pudding (refined sugar free + gluten free + nut free), or Vegan Dessert Shooters (paleo)
A holiday that revolves around sweets and love? It's perfect for cookies! My sugar cut-out cookies are such a fun way to make vegan and gluten-free cookies in really sweet shapes. Plus, I love how festive and sweet thumbprint cookies are with a splash of red raspberry jam.
- Best Sugar Cut-Out Cookies (vegan + gluten-free + refined sugar-free)
- Vegan Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake (paleo + refined sugar-free)
- Vegan and Paleo Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Cranberry and Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free)
- Mini Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk (vegan + gluten-free + refined sugar-free)
- Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free + Refined Sugar-Free)
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Almond Flour Cookies with Flaked Sea Salt
- Bites: Grain-Free and Vegan Cookie Dough Energy Bites, No-Bake Flourless Brownie Energy Bites, or No-Bake Fudgy Quinoa-Chia Bites
Candy is a big part of Valentine's Day! Luckily, I've managed to make allergen-free versions of most of my favorites. My Vegan Peppermint Patties are one of my kid's absolute favorite treats (they will do ANY chore to earn one!). A box of my Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles with a sweet love note would also make such a nice gift for someone you love.
- Easy 5-Ingredient Vegan Peppermint Patties (gluten-free + paleo)
- Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles
- Homemade Vegan Chocolate (Refined Sugar-Free)
- Vegan Almond Butter Cups (refined sugar-free + gluten-free)
- Easy Healthier Homemade Crunch Bars (vegan + gluten-free)
- Homemade Almond Joy Bars (vegan + paleo)
- Copycat Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs (peanut-free option) (make these heart shaped for Valentine's Day!)
I love sauces and mix-ins! They're the perfect way to elevate a simple dish and make it feels extra special. All of these recipes are dairy-free (even the whipped cream and Nutella!), egg-free, and even refined sugar-free. It is so fun to add a drizzle of caramel, a scoop of vegan Nutella, or a dollop of whipped cream onto your favorite Vegan Valentine's Day Recipes.
- Healthy Homemade Nutella (vegan, paleo)
- How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream (refined sugar-free + vegan + paleo)
- Easy Raspberry Chia Jam (Refined Sugar-Free)
- Vegan Paleo Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting
- Easy Vegan Vanilla Frosting
- Easy Vanilla Blender Cashew Icing (vegan + paleo)
- Instant Vegan Caramel Sauce
Cheers! What's a special day without a drink that feels a little special, too? Bobby and I love mixing up spritzers for an at-home cocktail/mocktail. The kids love that we include them and make them their own non-alcoholic versions, too! They feel so grown-up clinking glasses with us. Blender Hot Chocolate is our favorite wintertime drink...we make it almost every morning, and it's just right for days that call for chocolate!
I hope these Vegan Valentine's Day Recipes help you celebrate with something delicious! Please tag me on Instagram so I can cheer you on from my kitchen, and don't forget to leave a review below any recipes you try. You can also subscribe to my newsletter for recipes and fun delivered to your inbox every week!
More Roundups, Recipes, & Resources
- Gluten-Free & Vegan Birthday Recipe Roundup
- The Ultimate Vegan Sauces Roundup
- Gluten-Free Guide: All of My Favorite Products & Resources!
- My Favorite Dairy-Free Swaps, Tips, & Tricks
- Homemade Holiday: Food Gifts for Everyone
- 115+ Vegan Blender Recipes
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Winter Meal Plan (with a menu and shopping list!)
- Plant-Based & Gluten-Free Meal Prep: How I Plan for a Week of Healthy Eating