These vegan & grain-free Cookie Dough Energy Bites are a quick, easy and delicious healthy snack that are filled with tons of drool-worthy cookie dough flavor and texture. They are dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, peanut-free, gluten-free, plant-based and grain-free. Best of all, they only require one bowl and a spoon to stir everything together. No fancy equipment needed! They also keep really well in the fridge for anytime you need an energy boost (or anytime a cookie dough craving hits!).
These are the energy bites of my dreams…
I’ve been making these grain-free and vegan cookie dough energy bites for the past couple of weeks and I just had to share with you all, especially with back-to-school season in full swing. I don’t know about you but snacks are my life right now. We are constantly on the go and needing nutritious and filling snacks that everyone can enjoy. My kids go absolutely crazy for these energy bites. They basically taste like raw cookie dough. And who would EVER turn that down? The answer is no one. So you simply must make these today!
The cookie dough energy bites come together in literally minutes. And that is exactly what I need this busy time of year. It is like an instant snack that only gets better as it chills. If you ever have had raw chilled cookie dough then you know exactly what I mean.
I usually double or triple the recipe and store extra in my freezer. To double or triple the recipe you can select the 2x or 3x scale button toward the top right corner of the recipe card to update the quantities so you don’t have to do the math yourself.
How to Make the Cookie Dough Energy Bites
This is a hard one to mess up. You simply stir everything together in one bowl and roll into tiny balls. I like to use this stainless steel scooper for perfectly sized and even energy bites. You can enjoy right away if you are in a rush. Or, store the energy bites in your refrigerator to let them harden up a bit. I like the texture better once they have chilled for a couple of hours.
Try hard not to eat the batter before turning them into energy bites… I speak from experience here.
All you need for these grain-free and vegan cookie dough energy bites:
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- almond butter
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- mini vegan dark chocolate chips
That’s it! They taste exactly like the real deal without any eggs, dairy, oil or refined flours. The maple syrup provides wonderful flavor and sweetness. The coconut flour combined with the vanilla makes it taste like cookie dough. The salt helps to bring out the flavors plus it makes them that much more addictive. And the chocolate chips… well, you know!
We are all hooked on these over here. I feel like I need to package these up and sell them or something. The world needs to know about these. They are just too good for words!
More Easy & Healthy Snack Recipes
Want to keep making simple and nutritious snack-time recipes? Let’s make it happen!
- Super Seed No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars
- No-Bake, Instant Sunflower Energy Balls
- Almond Butter & Jelly Energy Bites
- No-Bake Flourless Brownie Energy Bites
- No-Bake Quinoa Energy Bites
- No-Bake Birthday Cake Energy Bites
- Dye-Free Green Muffins
- 5-Minute Stovetop Granola
- Sweet & Salty Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (oil free)
- Protein-Packed Avocado Toast
- Raw, Vegan Chocolate Filled Snack Bars (a snack treat!)
- Homemade Coconut Whipped Cream with fresh fruit
- Crispy Socca with Avocado Mash
- Grain-Free Granola
- Super Seed Crackers (great for spreading hummus on or topping with avocado)
- Easy Almond Flour Crackers
Now, Let’s Make These Grain-Free and Vegan Cookie Dough Energy Bites Happen!
I cannot wait for you all to give these cookie dough energy bites a try! They are full of plant-based protein and healthy fats from the almond flour and almond butter. You will be loaded with cookie dough energy to fuel your day! Cookie dough energy really is the best kind of energy. Am I right!?
Have a coconut allergy? Try this coconut-free version here.
OMG, yum! I can’t even with these cuties. Cookie dough energy bites for life!Print
These Grain-Free and Vegan Cookie Dough Energy Bites are a quick, easy and delicious healthy snack that are filled with tons of drool-worthy cookie dough flavor and texture. They are dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, peanut-free, gluten-free and grain-free. Best of all, they only require one bowl and a spoon to stir everything together. No fancy equipment needed! They also keep really well in the fridge for anytime you need an energy boost (or anytime a cookie dough craving hits!).
- 1 cup super fine blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup creamy, raw, unsweetened, unsalted almond butter (I like Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini vegan dark chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life brand)
- In a medium sized bowl add these dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour and salt. Stir with a spoon to combine well. Add the wet ingredients next: almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir again until well incorporated. Fold in the mini dark chocolate chips.
- Form into energy bites using your hands. I like to use this stainless steel cookie scoop for perfectly sized energy bites that are all even.
- Enjoy immediately or for best results, store in an airtight container in your refrigerator and enjoy once they are well chilled (about 4 hours). They should last up to two weeks (although they never last more than a day or two in our house!).
- You can also store the cookie dough energy bites in your freezer if you don’t plan to enjoy right away. They should last up to three months. You can thaw them out at room temperature for five minutes before enjoying.
For the best flavor, I do not recommend using roasted almond butter. Also, make sure your raw, creamy almond butter is nice and runny. A hardened almond butter will not work well in this recipe. If it is a brand new jar, be sure to stir in the oils well before adding so you aren’t getting all oil in the recipe.
I have not tested this with other nut or seed butters but I imagine that cashew butter would work very well here since it has a neutral taste.
- Category: Snack
Keywords: energy bites, easy
When you try this recipe, use the hashtag #eatingbyelaine on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my stories! Follow Eating by Elaine on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes!
Remember to subscribe to my free Eating by Elaine Weekly Newsletter and receive simple, nutritious recipes delivered to your inbox every week!
There may be an affiliate link(s) in this post, which means that if you click on a product link above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you! As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you SO much for reading!