This is a perfectly seasonal spritzer just right for Christmas, ringing in New Year's Eve, or as a nightcap after a busy winter day. Cranberry Pomegranate Spritzer can be made with or without alcohol and has a simple, classic flavor combination to put an instant smile on your face. Fresh mint or rosemary sprigs on top of this deep red drink make for a perfectly festive sip!
Cranberry Pomegranate Spritzer Recipe
I loved using cranberry and pomegranate in this spritzer recipe! They work so well together and bring a rich, bold flavor to this easy drink. A hint of lime and a drop of maple syrup are the perfect balance to add a bright sweetness. Top it with your favorite sparkling water for a drink that's ideal for sipping and savoring!
Spritzer Sweetened with Maple Syrup
I use maple syrup all. the. time. It's my liquid sweetener of choice! It keeps almost everything I make free of refined sugars, and I love the natural sweetness it adds to all of my favorite recipes. Pure maple won't make your recipes taste like breakfast syrup, it will just give them a hint of sweetness that balances flavors so perfectly! I buy my maple syrup on Amazon. It has just one ingredient: the boiled down sap from maple trees. Incredible!
All About Cranberry
I LOVE cooking with cranberries whenever possible! They're an absolute powerhouse fruit. Make sure you're getting 100% cranberry juice, not a cranberry juice cocktail, which will have added sugars and unnecessary ingredients. Most people know that cranberries help promote a healthy urinary tract and digestive health due to their naturally occurring compounds called PACS (proanthocyanins). They’re also great for your cardiovascular health and their deep red pigment contains important nutrients that play a role in preventing heart disease, cancer, and age-related mental decline. When included as part of a low-sodium diet, cranberries may even reduce the risk of high blood pressure. They're so powerful that even a little bit (like in this spritzer) goes a long way!
Pomegranate Juice Spritzer
I used 100% pomegranate juice in this spritzer. It's such a small amount that you could even squeeze it fresh out of a pomegranate! Like cranberries, pomegranates have that dark red color that signifies they're filled with antioxidants that are so good for you. Pomegranates are also filled with vitamin C, so I love eating them in the winter when my immune system can use all the help it can get!
More Seasonal Drinks (all vegan + refined sugar-free)
If you enjoy this happy holiday drink, I hope you'll post and tag me on Instagram! I love seeing you enjoy my recipes. This holiday spritzer recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and free of refined sugars. Enjoy!Print
- 3 ounces 100% cranberry juice
- 1.5 ounces 100% pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 2 shots (jiggers) vodka (optional) [one shot or one jigger equals 1.5 fluid ounces]
- Sparkling mineral water to top off each drink
- Fresh mint sprigs (or rosemary sprigs)
- whole fresh raw cranberries and/or pomegranate arils (to float in drink)
- See notes for how to do a maple sugar rim on your glass before pouring - I always do this and highly recommend!
- Shake cranberry juice, pomegranate juice, maple, lime juice and vodka (if using) in a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
- Pour into two large glasses filled with ice cubes leaving room in the top half of the glass for sparkling mineral water.
- Top off with sparkling mineral water and stir gently with a spoon.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries, fresh pomegranate seeds and fresh mint (or fresh rosemary sprigs).
- Enjoy immediately.
You can make a maple sugar rim on the glass rims by rubbing the rim of the glasses with a lime wedge (just enough to wet the rim) and then dipping the rim of each glass in the maple sugar (I usually place the maple sugar on a small plate). If you choose to do this step you would do it before step #2 above. You can use any granulated sugar here but maple sugar is my favorite for both taste and because it is refined sugar-free.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Beverage
Keywords: Pomegranate Cranberry Vodka Spritzer