Ready for a fresh start with nutritious eating? Sick of meal planning and making grocery lists? Curious about plant-based, gluten-free foods? Let me step into your kitchen and plan a week of meals for you! I've got all of the recipes (including snacks, drinks, and desserts!), plus a grocery list to take to the store, totally ready to go. The Vegan Winter Meal Plan is filled with all of my cold-weather favorites!
This year I've been making seasonal meal plans and I've loved seeing how you use them! Some people love these meal plans as a jump start into vegan, gluten-free eating, some use them to get back on track eating more seasonal produce, and for lots of you...it just takes the stress out of meal planning and making a grocery list!
This Winter Vegan Meal Plan is filled with some of my favorite recipes to make in the colder months. They're warming, nourishing, filling, and packed with all of the in-season produce your body is craving. Who's ready for a really delicious week?!
Winter Vegan Meal Plan: Day 1
Tikka Masala and Coconut Rice...I look forward to this dinner all day long when I know it's on the menu! I would probably save any leftover Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad to have alongside dinner as well. So many good flavors and colors happening in these meals! And since I firmly believe in the positive impact chocolate has on a day, I chose it for meal one on day one. Enjoy!
- Breakfast: Easy Creamy Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal
- Lunch: Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Candied Pecans, Green Apples and Pomegranates
- Dinner: Easy Vegan Tikka Masala with Easy Coconut Rice (make extra coconut rice to use in Day 2!)
Winter Vegan Meal Plan: Day 2
Day 2 calls for a Sunshine Smoothie! I wanted to be sure to include an immunity boost since we all need it this time of year. You could also try my Blender Turmeric Ginger Immunity Booster Drink! The Three Bean Chili and Vegan Greek Sheetpan Dinner are two more all-time favorites of mine, and I love the idea of enjoying them both on the same day.
- Breakfast: Sunshine Smoothie for an immunity boost during the cold weather!
- Lunch: Three Bean Chili
- Dinner: Vegan Greek Sheetpan Dinner - Serve this with leftover Easy Coconut Rice from Day 1 and a dollop of Maple Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus!
Winter Vegan Meal Plan: Day 3
I love these Freezer-Friendly Oatmeal Cups. They're fantastic for prepping ahead of a busy week! I always play it safe and double them since they freeze so well. My whole family loves them as a breakfast or snack! It was also pretty much guaranteed that I would include at least one butternut squash recipe in the winter meal plan...I love winter squash recipes so much!
- Breakfast: Freezer-Friendly Oatmeal Cups
- Lunch: Spanish Rice and Beans
- Dinner: No-Boil Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Baked Orzo
Winter Vegan Meal Plan: Day 4
No matter when in the winter you make these pancakes, they're guaranteed to make you smile! My kids get the biggest kick out of fun shapes and animals, but they're just as delicious in the classic pancake circles. For lunch, I topped my Speedy Broccoli Soup with Pecan Crumble, which is a newer recipe that's so good as a savory topping on soups. Finish the day with Mushroom Fettuccine and you'll go to sleep with a smile on your face!
- Breakfast: Christmas Pancakes (make them in any shape you like!)
- Lunch: Speedy Creamy Vegan Broccoli Soup with Easy Savory Salty Pecan Crumble
- Dinner: Creamy Vegan Garlic Mushroom Fettuccini and Herb Roasted Root Vegetables
Winter Vegan Meal Plan: Day 5
Even though it sounds a little silly to make a smoothie in the middle of winter, I actually love it! You can usually find me with a smoothie in one hand and a warm drink in the other, sipping back and forth between the two. This Mint Chocolate Smoothie would be so good with a Gingerbread Steamer, Chai Latte, or Blender Hot Cocoa, all of which I've included in this Vegan Winter Meal Plan as drink options below! For the lunch menu I've got filling, flavorful, and hearty Split Pea & Turmeric Red Lentil Veggie Soup, which will create leftovers you'll be craving tomorrow (and the next day, too). Finally, stuffed acorn squash is a dinner that feels special and nourishing! It's one of my favorites.
- Breakfast: Creamy Vegan Mint Chocolate Smoothie
- Lunch: Creamy Split Pea Turmeric & Red Lentil Vegetable Soup with Easy Savory Salty Pecan Crumble
- Dinner: Quinoa-Pecan Stuffed Acorn Squash
We all snack, right? Let's plan for nutritious, satisfying, and enjoyable snacks! When I have great options on hand I'm so much happier with my snack choices (and it helps me avoid the dangerous hangry territory while I'm preparing a meal!).
- Vegan Sweet Potato Quinoa Tots
- Healthy Maple Candied Pecans (These will also go on your lunch salad on Day 1)
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus with Easy Homemade Seed Crackers or Almond Flour Crackers
I think that my Easy Blender Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream is one of the most surprising dishes on my site. People tell me all the time that it tastes too good to be vegan, but it blows their MINDS that it also has a hidden veggie and protein thanks to cashews! Serve it with baked pears, on top of cookies, or by itself for the perfect sweet treat.
- Easy Maple Cinnamon Baked Pears with a scoop of Easy Blender Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cranberry and Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
I always try to have ingredients on hand to make fun drinks. It makes any evening feel special, and a batch of Blender Hot Chocolate is the perfect way to cheer up any. Winter is so much fun when it comes to hot drinks, too! Steamers, lattes, hot chocolate...it's all so cozy and comforting.
- Cranberry Pomegranate Spritzer
- Slow Cooker Vegan Gingerbread Steamers
- Blender Hot Chocolate
- Vegan Chai Latte
Winter Meal Plan: Shopping List
- White onion - 6
- Red onion - 4
- Garlic - 33 cloves
- Cauliflower - 1 head
- Brussels sprouts - 3 c., shredded
- Apple - 1
- Pomegranate - 2
- Green onions
- Sweet potato - 5
- Carrots - 7
- Celery - 3 stalks
- Butternut squash - 2
- Baby spinach
- Bell peppers - 3
- Lime - 4
- Fingerling potatoes - 1 lb.
- Beets - 4
- White button mushrooms - 16
- Broccoli - 1.5 lb.
- Shallot - 1
- Orange - 1
- Acorn squash - 2
- Pears - 2
- Ginger root - ¼"
- Mint leaves
- Bay leaves
- 100% cranberry juice
- 100% pomegranate juice
- Mineral water
- Vodka (for cranberry spritzers)
- Almond milk - 10 cups
STAPLES: Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, baking powder, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, arrowroot starch, baking soda, coconut oil
- Pure maple
- Maple sugar (or coconut sugar) - 2 cup
- Tahini - ¼ cup
- Medjool dates - 15
- Gluten-free orzo - 8 oz.
- Gluten-free fettuccine - 8 oz.
- Quinoa - 3 cups dry
- Rice - 4 cup dry
- Quick-cooking oats - 10 c
- Unsweetened dried cranberries
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Black tea bags
NUTS & SEEDS
- Chia seeds - ½ cup
- Hemp seeds - ½ cup
- Pepitas seeds - ½ cup
- White sesame seeds - ½ cup
- Cashews - 4 cup, raw/unsalted
- Pecans - 4 cup
- Ground flaxseed - ¼ c
- Almonds - 2 c blanched/slivered
- Crushed tomatoes - 18 oz.
- Stewed tomatoes - 30 oz.
- Diced tomatoes - 2 can
- Tomato sauce - 8 oz.
- Garbanzo beans - 4 can
- Pinto beans - 1 can
- Black beans - 2 can
- Pumpkin puree - 1 c
- Vegetable broth - 10 cups
- Split red lentils - ½ cup
- Split peas - ½ cup
- Pitted Kalamata olives - 1 cup
- Pitted green olives- ½ cup
- Coconut milk - 4 cans
- Vegan Feta (I like VioLife)
- Riced cauliflower
- Mango chunks - 1 cup
- Vegan butter (I like Miyokos)
SPICES: Garam masala, turmeric, paprika, cinnamon, salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, vanilla beans, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cardamom, ground ginger
More Recipe Roundups & Resources
Please remember to tag me on Instagram when you make my recipes (I love seeing your creations!). You can even leave a review on individual recipe posts. I also make seasonal meal plans filled with delicious vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free dishes...breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, desserts, and even a shopping list included! You can subscribe to my newsletter for a printable PDF with my 10 favorite weeknight dinners, too. Enjoy!