Health Benefits of AlmondsAlmonds are low in carbohydrates and high in protein, healthy fats, iron, and vitamin E. They're also a good source of calcium and magnesium. See my complete guide on Almonds Benefits for Vegans for nutrition facts, health benefits and the many ways to incorporate almonds into your recipes! These cookies are paleo-diet friendly and completely grain-free (no oat flour this time). The almond flour and almond butter are naturally slightly sweet. I naturally sweetened them a bit more with a touch of maple syrup. I kept this recipe super simple with just ten ingredients and one bowl. Stir everything together and the cookies bake in just ten minutes. It could not be easier. If you give these cookies a try (and you definitely should!), please snap a pic and tag #eatingbyelaine and @eatingbyelaine on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook so I can see you enjoying your decadent creations.
These soft-baked cookies are gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, butter-free and oil free. They are moist, soft and chewy with sizable chunks of dark chocolate and a sprinkle of flaked sea salt. I find them to be completely irresistible and yet totally healthy and guilt-free. They are packed with plant-based protein and incredibly satisfying.
- 2 cups blanched super fine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch/powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup raw almond butter (runny not hard)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate (I use Hu brand linked below under equipment - it is vegan and paleo)
- flaked sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place dry ingredients (almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda and salt) in a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir to fully combine. Add the wet ingredients (almond butter, maple syrup, water and vanilla extract) and stir again to combine. Fold in the chunks of dark chocolate.
- Using a retractable cookie scoop, make 15-16 cookies (about 1-1.5 tablespoons in size each) and place on your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with a sprinkle of flaked sea salt. Allow the cookies to cool directly on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to fully cool. Enjoy or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert