This white pasta sauce is a go-to weeknight staple around here! It's an Easy Creamy Vegan Pasta Sauce that I serve over our favorite gluten-free pasta topped with sautéed broccoli. Everyone craves it!
Are you dreaming of creamy, comforting pasta for dinner? This dairy-free recipe for Easy Creamy Vegan Pasta Sauce is just begging to be poured over your favorite pasta and topped with flavorful roasted veggies for the perfect weeknight dish. Perhaps the best part about this recipe is just how EASY it is to make. Start soaking your cashews now, and with just a bit of blender time you're ready to go. It'll take longer to boil the pasta than it will to make this delicious creamy sauce from scratch!
Creamy Vegan Pasta Sauce Ingredients
This is a short ingredient list for a pasta sauce that totally shines! Everything goes into a blender until it's smooth and creamy, and...that's it! Creating vegan white pasta sauce doesn't get easier than this. You'll need:
- Cashews - Plain, raw cashews soaked overnight make for the creamiest vegan sauces. Learn more about How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews in this post.
- Unsweetened almond or oat milk - You can make your own Homemade Oat Milk, use my recipe for The Best Homemade Almond Milk, or use store-bought! Just make sure it's plain and unsweetened.
- Garlic - Just one large clove here! For a total flavor boost you can use Roasted Garlic, but it isn't necessary for a flavorful pasta sauce.
- Salt & pepper - You can adjust these to taste!
Creamy Vegan Pasta Sauce
With cashews as the base, this creamy vegan pasta sauce is incredibly simple to prepare...just toss all ingredients into your blender and pulse it until it's totally smooth! Once done you can pour it over your favorite pasta for total comfort food.
The Best Gluten-Free Pastas
I love the brands Jovial and Andean Dream for gluten-free pastas! Almost all grocery stores carry options these days, which is so nice. For a full overview of my favorite gluten-free products, check out my Ultimate Gluten-Free Product Recommendations and Helpful Resources post!
All About Cashews
I use cashews in so many recipes! I always buy them in bulk because they come in handy all the time. My Easy Homemade Vegan Cashew Cream is a great way to add thickness and creaminess to any dish. Cashews offer plant-based protein and are also incredibly nutrient dense. They are considered an excellent source of copper and a good source of magnesium, manganese, vitamin K, phosphorous and zinc.
Soaking Cashews to Make Vegan Cream
The secret to success with cashew creams is soaking them! This softens the cashews and prepares them to be blended into a creamy, smooth texture. You can soak them overnight, or shorten the process by using boiling water and letting them soak for about an hour. Make sure you rinse them well before using them for this recipe. A good quality high speed blender is also important for creamy (not gritty/chunky!) sauce. Learn more about How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews in this post.
Creamy Vegan Pasta Dinner
Serve this creamy pasta sauce over your favorite pasta with a spoonful of my Sautéed Broccoli with Garlic for the best, easiest weeknight meal! Every single person in my house loves this recipe and the leftovers are delicious as well. You could also try it with Restaurant-Style Sautéed Mushrooms or Easy Maple Glazed Sautéed Carrots!
This creamy pasta sauce is totally vegan, so it's made without milk or eggs! It's also soy-free and gluten-free for a plant-based, allergy-friendly dinner dish. I hope you'll leave a review below if you make this recipe! I love seeing which dishes are making their way into your kitchen. You can also tag me on Instagram!
More Pasta Recipes
Easy No-Boil Vegan Baked Ziti with Veggies
Easy One-Pot Pasta
Vegan Creamy Pasta Primavera
Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Garlic Pasta
Red Lentil Veggie Pasta
Vegan Chickpea Bolognese Pasta
One-Skillet Baked Butternut Squash Pasta
Vegan No-Boil Pasta Bake
Creamy Vegan Pasta al Limone
Parsley-Pea Pesto Pasta
Creamy Vegan Garlic Mushroom Fettuccine
Chunky Tomato Basil Spaghetti
Vegan Baked Feta Pasta
This is an Easy Creamy Vegan Pasta Sauce that I serve over our favorite gluten-free pasta topped with sautéed broccoli. Everyone craves it!
- 1 cups raw cashews, soaked in advance, then drained and rinsed*
- ¾ cups unsweetened plain almond milk or oat milk
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Serve with any pasta (this makes enough for 12 ounces of pasta) and 1 batch of my Simple Sautéed Broccoli with Garlic for a delicious meal!
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on the highest speed for one minute until perfectly smooth and creamy. Use this sauce overtop your favorite hot pasta.
- I love to serve this sauce overtop pasta and my Simple Sautéed Broccoli with Garlic for a delicious and easy meal that my entire family loves. Even the little ones!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
*To soak the cashews, place in a large container and fill with 2 cups of filtered water. Soak for 8 hours for best results. If you are short on time you can give them a quick soak using boiling water for about an hour. Either way you want to completely drain the soaking water and rinse the cashews well before using in the this recipe. The cashews will absorb some of the soaking water and swell so the measurement post-soaking will be slightly more than ⅕ cups and that is okay. Just measure the cashews before you soak them and use all soaked cashews for this recipe. Learn more about How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews in this post.
Optional: add 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast to this recipe for a cheesy flavor and nutrition boost.
Note: The sauce will thicken slightly when stored in the refrigerator after a couple of hours. Thin out the sauce with pasta water or filtered water if desired before using. Reserve the pasta water from cooking your pasta and add this to the creamy vegan pasta sauce if you need to thin it out a bit. Add just ½ ladle of reserved pasta water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan creamy pasta sauce