This Vegan Caramel Sauce is the decadent topping your desserts have been waiting for! It’s made without refined sugar, dairy, and it requires NO stovetop time. In just a couple minutes you’ll have sweet and delicious 5-ingredient blender caramel!
I am absolutely in love with this sauce. Does that sound crazy?! I promise if you try it you’ll understand what I’m talking about. It’s a Vegan Caramel Sauce made with just five ingredients, and it doesn’t need any stovetop time! I love this sauce over smoothies, apple slices, desserts, yogurt and even oatmeal. To make it even more exciting, it’s filled with amazing nutrition thanks to dates, plant-based milk, and coconut cream. Make a batch today, then put it on everything you eat!
Ingredients in Vegan Caramel Sauce
This sauce is made with five simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. You could have delicious vegan caramel to drizzle on your favorite desserts TONIGHT!
- Almond milk – Use unsweetened plain almond milk. You can make your own or buy your favorite brand at the grocery store!
- Medjool dates – Grab large, soft dates without a pit. Store them at room temperature for the best, creamiest results!
- Pure maple syrup – This is my favorite way to naturally sweeten recipes. It’s free of refined sugar and made with pure maple straight from the tree! I use it so often that I buy it in bulk.
- Coconut cream – This comes from canned coconut milk! Pop your coconut milk in the refrigerator as soon as you bring it home so it can get nice and chilled before you use it! This recipe uses just the solid white portion that rises to the top of the can. Don’t throw out the thinner liquids, though! I love using it in smoothies and popsicles to add delicious creaminess and flavor.
- Salt – Just a pinch of it will do, but you can sample your sauce to see if you want a slightly saltier caramel.
How to Make Vegan Caramel Sauce
Are you ready for the best part of this recipe? No stovetop time! Add everything into the blender, then blend from low to high speed until it’s smooth and creamy. I love recipes like this in the summertime when I don’t even want to think about turning the stove on, but it’s just as good in the winter when you can add it to your favorite warm desserts.
All About Dates
Dates are one of nature’s best sweeteners! They have a naturally juicy, caramel-like flavor. From a health perspective, dates are full of amazing benefits. They contain loads of fiber which aids in weight loss, digestion, and heart health. Dates are fat-free, sodium-free, and cholesterol-free while also containing nutritious vitamins and minerals including zinc, potassium, copper, magnesium, manganese, vitamin B6, niacin, calcium, iron, and vitamin K. If your dates aren’t soft you can soak them in boiling water for 30-60 minutes, then drain and rinse.
Recipes for Vegan Caramel Sauce
My favorite way to enjoy this Vegan Caramel Sauce is as a dip or drizzled over raw apple slices. Oh my goodness, you would not BELIEVE how this makes sliced apples feel like a special occasion dessert! Of course, there are also so many recipes that would be incredible with a drizzle of caramel. I’m dreaming of…
- Blender Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Easy Vegan Apple Crisp or Easy Vegan & Gluten-Free Peach Crisp
- Creamy Vegan Oatmeal
- Gluten-Free & Vegan Apple Bundt Cake
- Easy Sautéed Cinnamon Apples
- Over vanilla yogurt (I love the vegan brand Culina!)
- As a smoothie topping: Healthy Chocolate Smoothie, Vegan Apple Pie Smoothie, or Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Stirred into cozy, warm drinks: Blender Vegan Hot Chocolate, Gingerbread Steamer or Vegan Chai Latte
This Vegan Caramel Sauce is free of dairy, eggs, gluten, and refined sugar! It’s even great for paleo diets. If you make it, I hope you’ll leave a review below and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creations! I also have a cookbook, Rock Your Blender, filled with really delicious smoothie recipes you won’t find here on the blog. It’s available as an instant download or a book on Amazon!
More Dessert Toppings
Vegan Paleo Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting
Easy Vanilla Blender Icing
Healthy Homemade Nutella
How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream
Creamy Vegan Cinnamon Vanilla Fruit Dip
Easy Vegan Vanilla Frosting
Homemade Raw Creamy Almond Butter
Easy Raspberry Chia Jam
Homemade Date Paste Recipe
This Vegan Caramel Sauce requires NO stovetop time and is the decadent topping your desserts have been waiting for!
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 8 large, soft, pitted Medjool dates (stored at room temperature) [measures ~ 1 1/2 cups]
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream (just the solid white portion from a can of full-fat coconut milk that has been refrigerated for 8 hours or overnight)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and gradually blend from low to high speed. Leave on the highest speed for one minute until the mixture is perfectly smooth and creamy. Add more almond milk if needed. To get the caramel sauce perfectly smooth, scrape down the sides of your blender with a mini spatula and re-blend if needed.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for up to six months. Serve drizzled over your favorite vegan vanilla ice cream, apple crisp, sautéed cinnamon apples, apple pie, vanilla vegan yogurt, or overtop raw apple slices.
If your dates are not soft you can soak them in boiling water for 30-60 minutes before using in this recipe. Before using in this recipe simply drain out the soaking water and rinse the dates. If your dates are fresh and stored at room temperature this should not be an issue.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blender
Keywords: vegan caramel sauce