Are you ready to elevate your broccoli game? This Simple Sautéed Broccoli with Garlic is finished on the stovetop for perfectly crisped florets and deep, garlic flavor!
I love an easy side that elevates a weeknight meal! This Simple Sautéed Broccoli with Garlic is one of those veggie-based sides that adds a ton of nutrition and great flavor to your meal. It’s started with classic cooked broccoli, then finished off in the skillet with flavorful garlic and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Ingredients in Simply Sautéed Broccoli
This sautéed broccoli recipe is so simple, the main two ingredients are fresh garlic and broccoli!
- A large head of broccoli
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh garlic, minced or thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper
All About Broccoli
Broccoli is high in folate and immune-boosting vitamin C. It is also a good source of dietary fiber, so it’s good for digestion, as well as potassium! When selecting your broccoli, look for odorless broccoli heads that have tight florets that are bluish-green in color without mushy or discolored spots. Store broccoli in your refrigerator for up to five days.
How to Saute Broccoli
I love this method because the majority of the cooking is done in the Instant Pot, then it’s finished off on the stovetop for that perfect texture and flavor. If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can also watch my video about blanching on the stovetop! Plan on about 5 minutes of pan time for the broccoli afterwards. I love just a little bit of crisp on the florets, and the garlic really cooks into the broccoli, infusing every bite with flavor!
This recipe is so simple that it’s totally safe for almost any dietary preference or allergy! It’s gluten-free, vegan (no meat, dairy, or eggs!), soy-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free, paleo, Whole30-friendly and nut-free. Make it and tag me on Instagram so I can see your perfect broccoli, and be sure to drop a review below!
More Veggie Sides
One-Skillet Garlic Asparagus with Sesame Seeds
Broccoli Salad with Avocado
Easy Sesame Garlic Sautéed Purple Cabbage
Asparagus Ribbon Salad
Mini Hasselback Potatoes with Vegan Garlic & Herb Aioli
Herb Roasted Root Vegetables
No-Fuss Seasoned Baked Sweet Potatoes
Crispy Oven Roasted Cauliflower
Easy Maple Glazed Sautéed Carrots
Restaurant-Style Sautéed Mushrooms
Crispy Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This Simple Sautéed Broccoli with Garlic is finished on the stovetop for perfectly crisped florets and deep, garlic flavor!
- Once the broccoli has been steamed (don’t overcook!), separate the florets from the stem and chop the florets into bite-sized pieces. I save the stem and thinly slice the cooked broccoli stem and sauté separately.
- Add the chopped broccoli florets to a non-stick, non-toxic skillet or cast iron skillet along with the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss well to distribute ingredients using a wooden spoon or tongs. Saute over low to medium heat for five minutes to allow the garlic to become fragrant and infuse the broccoli with flavor. Toss throughout so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Serve immediately as a side by itself or pair with quinoa, orzo, pasta or rice.
- Store leftover broccoli once fully cooled to room temperature in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
For best results, do not overcook the broccoli. If anything, undercook it when steaming it since it will continue to cook in the skillet. No one wants soggy overcooked broccoli – trust me!
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop
Keywords: sautéed broccoli