We’re ringing in the New Year, and we’re doing it with recipes that are vegan, gluten-free, and naturally sweetened! This roundup has Vegan New Year’s Eve Recipes for appetizers, dinner, drinks, and desserts, ready to make the countdown to midnight as flavorful as possible.
Happy New Year! Fun fact: Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year and is actually celebrated in the fall according to the Hebrew calendar. While the current calendar’s new year doesn’t have any big religious meaning in our home, I love revisiting the notions of doing good deeds and adding sweetness to the coming year! It’s a great time for goal setting, checking in on personal growth, and celebrating the accomplishments of the past twelve months. These Vegan New Year’s Eve Recipes are the ones I would want to add to a December 31 menu! They’re all vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, and still absolutely delicious. I’ve got dips and appetizers, drinks, dinner and sides, and of course…dessert!
I love a dip! They’re great for snacks, appetizers, sides, or a simple way to dress up a meal. These favorites would be great with my Easy Almond Flour Crackers, Easy Homemade Seed Crackers, or your favorite tortilla chips (I love Siete brand!). You can also slice cucumbers, bell peppers, radishes and carrots for a beautiful and colorful platter.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus
- Vegan French Onion Dip
- Best Vegan Whipped Feta Dip
- Quick and Easy Creamy Hummus (we make this a couple times a week every week!) – Here is a video my eight year old daughter made of how to make it!
- Creamy Vegan Black Bean Dip
- Black-Eyed Pea and Avocado Salsa (black-eyed peas are said to bring you luck in the new year!)
- Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
I will ALWAYS say that appetizers shouldn’t steal the show; they should just keep guests happy until the main event (dinner!). BUT, on a holiday like New Year’s Eve where you’re spending a bit more time together, maybe playing games or visiting, I think it’s okay to have a few more options out for snacking and variety as you count down until midnight.
- Sweet Potato Rounds with Vegan Ricotta and Toasted Walnuts
- Sheet Pan Vegan Nachos
- Easy Vegan Zucchini Pizza Bites (paleo)
- Dijon Chickpea Fritters (vegan + gluten-free + nut-free)
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Baked Crispy Cauliflower Poppers
- Easy Instant Pot Vegan Butternut Squash Soup (+ Stove Top & Slow Cooker Instructions) or Best Creamy Vegan Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Roasted Garlic (you could serve them as soup shooters)
- Sweet and Salty Roasted Pepita Seeds, Sweet and Spiced Roasted Chickpeas, Healthy Maple Candied Pecans , and Actually Crispy BBQ Roasted Chickpeas are all great for serving as snacks in little cups!
Drinks (Mocktails or Cocktails!)
Drinks! It just wouldn’t be New Year’s without a cheers! I absolutely love making mixed drinks with fresh ingredients and natural sweeteners that can easily be adapted for kids and anyone who prefers a non-alcoholic version. A toast is the most fun when everyone feels included!
You’ll see from the list below that I love a cozy flavorful pasta dish to serve for New Year’s Eve. I love that pasta is low-stress, minimal cleanup, and it’s easy to come back to for seconds if people get hungry again as it gets later. There are also a couple one-dish recipes in here that don’t require any stovetop time…just mix dry pasta in, cover it, and pop it in the oven! Let’s keep it easy and delicious.
- Caramelized Onion Apple Pasta with Sage (vegan + gluten-free)
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio (Pasta with Roasted Garlic, Olive Oil, Chile and Parsley) – we made this last year for NYE!
- Crispy Harissa Cauliflower with Tahini, Dates, Toasted Pine Nuts, Mint & Dill (this can also be served as an appetizer or starter)
- Red Wine Spaghetti with Mushrooms and Parsley-Pesto
- Creamy Vegan Garlic Mushroom Fettuccini
- Hemp Seed-Crusted Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Green Tahini Sauce
- Pasta Fresca
- Vegan Baked Feta Pasta
- Easy Cast Iron Skillet Pizza Crust…use it as a base for Easy Vegan Skillet White Pizza with Caramelized Onions, Roasted Garlic and Basil
- Creamy Vegan Pasta al Limone
- The Best Italian Vegan Meatballs Ever!
- Creamy Butternut Squash “Risotto” (Vegan + Whole30) – No Rice!
- Easy No-Boil Vegan Baked Ziti with Veggies – One Dish!
- No-Boil Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Baked Orzo
Since I like to serve pasta as the main dish, I keep sides simple, classic, and flavorful! Mashed potatoes are always a hit, and veggies roasted to perfection usually have people coming back for seconds.
Vegan New Year’s Eve Dessert Recipes
You have to ring in the New Year with something sweet, right?! I’m going to go ahead and cast my vote: I think you should do it with chocolate. Always chocolate! These recipes are all easy to prep ahead of time, they can be set out on a table for people to take as the sweet tooth strikes, and most importantly…they’re absolutely, incredibly, perfectly delicious. Happy New Year!
- Midnight Mini Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk for New Year’s Eve
- Vegan Dessert Shooters
- Easy Maple Cinnamon Vanilla Baked Pears served with my Easy Homemade Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream (No-Churn!)
- Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles
- Vegan Chocolate Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting
- Olive Oil Sweet Potato Brownies with Almond Butter Swirl and Flaky Sea Salt
- Easy Vanilla Blender Icing, Vegan Vanilla Frosting, Nutella, Vegan Paleo Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting, or Coconut Whipped Cream for topping treats
- No-Cook, No-Avocado Vegan Chocolate Pudding or Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pudding