This roundup of Vegan Black Bean Recipes will inspire you to use this pantry staple in new and tasty ways! Black beans provide incredible plant-based protein, and they're delicious in appetizers, soups, and dinners.
There are a few pantry staples that I seriously stock up on. If I have these basics in my kitchen, I can throw a meal together! You may have already seen my chickpea and quinoa recipe roundups, and today is all about another pantry staple that does it all: black beans! Black beans are considered a legume and part of both the protein and vegetable group (so important for vegans!). They also provide dietary fiber and important nutrients such as iron and zinc. I also love how they absorb flavors. These Vegan Black Bean Recipes really showcase the ways you can incorporate this amazing pantry staple into your meals!
Appetizers with Black Beans
Bring out the dips and the nachos! These Sheet Pan Nachos are seriously impressive, and topped with my Vegan Queso, no one believes that they're actually dairy-free. Black beans add the perfect texture and hearty substance to round out the dish! In my Vegan Baked Taquitos, you can use black beans instead of refried pinto, a swap that's super easy and nutritious.
Black Bean Soups
Black beans absorb flavors really well, so I love using them to add substance and nutrition to soups! They're especially good in thicker chili recipes, and I love that all of these recipes can be made ahead of time and stored or frozen easily. They reheat without missing a beat! Add a drizzle of Vegan Cashew Cream to top them off and it's just perfect.
Black Bean Salads
These salads are the perfect plant-based lunch thanks to the addition of black beans. Having an ingredient that's enough of a superstar to be considered a legume, veggie, AND protein means that they're filling and so satisfying! I love prepping ingredients ahead of time so I can throw a salad together even in the middle of a busy day and have something delicious.
Black Bean Main Dishes
The main event! I am always adding plant-based protein like chickpeas or black beans to my family's dinners to make sure they're hearty and filling while still remaining plant-based. Most of these dinners are surprisingly simple to make (who has time for an elaborate recipe on a weeknight?!), and they get two thumbs up from even the pickiest eaters in my house.
- Mexican Veggie Burrito Bowls
- Creamy Black Bean and Roasted Sweet Potato Tostadas
- Grillable Quinoa Black Bean Veggie Burger or Avocado Veggie Burger
- One-Pan Mexican Quinoa and Black Beans
- Creamy Vegan Mexican Casserole with Black Beans, Quinoa, and Bell Peppers
- Vegan Enchilada Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Spanish Rice and Beans
More Roundups and Resources
- Pantry Staples That Do It All: Quinoa
- Vegan Gluten-Free Recipes to Make in the Instant Pot
- Ultimate Vegan Soup Recipe Round Up (gluten-free)
- Plant-Based Gluten-Free Meal Prep: Foods I Prep Every Week!
- Ultimate Vegan Smoothie Recipe Roundup
- The Pantry Staple That Does It All: Over 30 Chickpea Recipes!
- Nourish in the New Year: 135+ Vegan and Gluten-Free Recipes!
- 115+ Vegan Blender Recipes (gluten-free + refined sugar-free too!)
- Vegan Gluten-Free Winter Meal Plan + Shopping List
- Ultimate Vegan Football Food Roundup (Gluten-Free)
- Healthy Comfort Food Recipes (vegan + gluten-free)