Bright green, rainbow hued, minty fresh and full of flavor...this complete roundup of Vegan St. Patrick's Day Recipes is just right for a day filled with the luck of the Irish!
A lot of the traditional St. Patrick's Day foods are hard to make plant-based and gluten-free! To keep things festive, fun, and totally vegan, I've got a roundup of Vegan St. Patrick's Day Recipes that feature all of the colors of the rainbow, minty-fresh flavors, and of course, plenty of GREEN for a day of mischief and fun. In this post you'll find:
- Green Smoothies
- Green Breakfasts & Snacks
- Festive Green Drinks
- Soups for St. Patrick's Day
- Green Sauces & Dressings
- Vegan Salads
- Green Veggies
- Festive Main Courses
My favorite way to bring some bright and happy green hues into a holiday is with a smoothie. I have dozens of smoothies in every color of the rainbow, including these green favorites! I love a smoothie that tastes like a treat, and these ones are no exception. Plug in the blender and let's make a delicious smoothie!
- Creamy Avocado Vanilla Smoothie with Hidden Veggies (vegan + paleo)
- The Best Vegan Key Lime Pie Smoothie Bowl
- Healthier Dye-Free Copycat Shamrock Shake (vegan, paleo)
- Kid-Friendly Spinach Smoothie
- Green Aid (vegan, gluten-free, raw)
- Creamy Tropical Kiwi Smoothie
- Easy Detox Smoothie (that actually tastes good!) [vegan + paleo + nut-free]
- Minty Kale Smoothie
- Creamy Minty Wheatgrass Smoothie (that doesn't taste like wheatgrass!)
- Creamy Citrus Matcha Green Protein Smoothie
- Tropical Green Protein Smoothie
Green Breakfasts & Snacks
Did your parents ever make you a surprise green breakfast on St. Patrick's Day? I love seeing the shocked expression on my kid's faces when there's an unexpectedly green dish on their plate! Both my green muffins and green pancakes are totally dye-free, but they have that fun, bright color that makes everyone at the table a little extra giggly. Breakfast is the perfect time to have some fun with Vegan St. Patrick's Day Recipes!
Green Drink Recipes
My family is all about fun drinks. Bobby and I love a fresh and fun cocktail, and the kids go crazy when we make mocktail versions so they're included in the grown-up fun! Making a green drink is a really fun afternoon activity to pair with a snack, or you can make a spritzer to pair with dinner for that extra-special feel.
Green Soups for St. Patrick's Day
Soup's on! I love a creamy, veggie-filled soup for lunch. These recipes are all really easy to make ahead of time and reheat on a busy day, and they're filled with green veggies to make you feel fantastic. I pair soups with a grilled cheese made with my Easy Vegan Mozzarella Cheese, top them with Easy Savory Pecan Crumble or grab a handful of Easy Homemade Seed Crackers for dipping!
Green Sauces & Dressings
If you've seen my Plant-Based Meal Prep or The Ultimate Vegan Sauces Roundup then you know what an absolute staple a good sauce can be. Dressings and drizzles take a bowl of rice and veggies from "Meh," to "Better than takeout!" I always prep one or two (or three or four...) really good, flavorful and fresh sauces to go with out favorite meals. We're also big-time hummus eaters at my house, and these green hummuses would be just right for Vegan St. Patrick's Day Recipes!
Vegan St. Patrick's Day Recipes: Salads
It's easy to get green on the table when it comes to salads! All of these salad recipes feature a big handful of bright and fresh greens, all paired with my favorite toppings and mix-ins for tons of flavor and texture in every single bite.
- Pear and Roasted Beet Arugula Salad with Hazelnuts
- Simple Side Salad Recipe
- Asparagus Ribbon Salad (vegan, paleo)
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Candied Pecans, Green Apple, & Pomegranates
- Crispy Quinoa & Avocado Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Broccoli Salad with Avocado
- Vegan Apple Arugula Salad with Candied Walnuts, Dates and Feta
- Vegan Buckwheat Soba Noodle Salad (GF + soy-free)
- Best Vegan Kale Caesar Salad with Chickpea "Croutons" & Hemp "Parmesan"
Some of my very favorite vegetables are green...and they can be prepared in countless delicious, flavorful ways! If you're convinced vegetables are boring, I challenge you to try a new way of preparing them. Roasting your greens with a flavorful seasoning blend and a drizzle of an herb-based sauce will totally rock your world, I promise!
- Roasted Green Cabbage with Green Tahini Sauce
- Perfectly Steamed Broccoli (Instant Pot)
- One-Skillet Garlic Asparagus with Sesame Seeds
- Crispy Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Whole Roasted Rainbow Carrots Over Hummus with Green Tahini Sauce
- Spring Root Vegetable Hash with Creamy Herb Sauce
- Garlic Cilantro Lime Coleslaw (No Mayo!)
- Best Crispy Kale Chips
While you won't find any corned beef recipes in this Vegan St. Patrick's Day Recipes roundup, I do have a bunch of main dishes with plenty of festive green and plant-based protein! As a bonus, many of these recipes bring the whole rainbow onto your plate, which makes the dinner table look so happy and bright. If you have little ones at the table, this is also a really fun opportunity to learn the color names or talk about primary and secondary colors. Food is fun AND educational!
- Best Vegan Raw Rainbow Veggie Hummus Wraps with Dipping Sauce
- Hemp Seed Crusted Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Green Tahini Sauce
- Rainbow Veggie Kebabs with Green Chimichurri Sauce
- Grilled Veggie Pesto Pasta (vegan + gluten-free)
- Cauliflower Steaks with Lemony Mashed Peas and Mint
- Parsley-Pea Pesto Pasta
Can we skip to the good part? That's dessert, of course! I really, really love desserts. They're a regular part of my meal planning and I eat sweet treats almost every day! From minty and refreshing to colorful and bright, I have so many vegan dessert recipes that would make Vegan St. Patrick's Day even more fun.
- No-Churn Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Vegan Gluten-Free Vanilla Sheet Cake with Rainbow Frosting
- Key Lime Pie Pudding Parfaits with Avocados (vegan and free of gluten, nuts, + refined sugar!)
- Healthy & Creamy Key Lime Pie Popsicles
- Easy 5-Ingredient Vegan Peppermint Patties
- Vegan Grain-Free Key Lime Pie Bars with Avocados
- Easy Homemade Hanukkah Gelt (vegan + paleo) (use this recipe to make vegan gold coins for a leprechaun hunt!)
- Creamy Vegan Vanilla Bean Matcha Popsicles
More Vegan Resources & Holiday Fun
I hope you've found something delicious to make for St. Patrick's Day! If you do try one of my recipes, I hope you'll tag me on Instagram so I can see your holiday fun, and don't forget to drop a review below your favorite dishes! You can also subscribe to my newsletter for tons of seasonal recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
- Vegan Rainbow Recipes
- Ultimate Vegan Smoothie Recipe Roundup
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Recipes From Around the World
- Plant-Based Gluten-Free Meal Prep: Foods I Prep Every Week!
- Nourish in the New Year: 135+ Vegan and Gluten-Free Recipes!
- Vegan Valentine's Day Recipes: Plant-Based, Gluten-Free Dishes to Celebrate Love!
- The Ultimate Gluten-Free & Vegan Pasta Recipe Roundup
- Ultimate Chocolate Roundup: 70+ Vegan Chocolate Recipes!
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe Roundup
- Healthy Comfort Food Recipes (vegan + gluten-free)
- 115+ Vegan Blender Recipes (gluten-free + refined sugar-free too!)
- Ultimate Vegan Soup Recipe Round Up (gluten-free)
- 60+ Vegan and Gluten-Free New Year's Eve Recipes
- Vegan Gluten-Free Winter Meal Plan + Shopping List