'Tis the season! Deck the halls with my Vegan Christmas Recipes sure to fill your holiday season with cheer and good tidings. I've got breakfasts, drinks, dinners, desserts, and even some homemade gifts, all here to make planning your December a little easier!
Christmas recipes! Does it seem a little funny to see a roundup of Vegan Christmas Recipes from a Jewish food blogger? So many of my friends both online and in real life celebrate Christmas, though, and I love seeing the foods that become part of the holiday! In fact, my best friend from elementary school celebrates Christmas and her parents have included me and my entire family in many of their Christmas celebrations over the years. I have always loved coming to their house for Christmas dinner and taking part in their family traditions.
As much as I love celebrating Hanukkah with my kids and learning more about our Jewish faith, I love seeing other families do the same with the traditions and stories that mean so much to them. I hope this holiday season finds you surrounded by loved ones, and of course, making delicious recipes! In this roundup of Vegan Christmas Recipes you'll find:
- Breakfasts - For a festive, healthy start to busy holidays.
- Drinks - Both hot and cold, grown-up and family friendly!
- Soups, Salads, and Appetizers - Gather everyone in the kitchen for something delicious.
- Roasted Veggies - I've got recipes in every color of the rainbow.
- Classic Holiday Sides - It's not a holiday without a casserole!
- Main Dishes - Even without meat, I've got filling and savory vegan main dishes.
- Cookies - So many different kinds, all vegan and gluten-free!
- Desserts - To satisfy that after-dinner sweet tooth.
- Frostings & Spreads - The secret ingredient to any good treat.
- Homemade Gifts - Just add a jar and a pretty bow!
Healthy Christmas Breakfasts
Even on a busy, exciting day like Christmas, it's still the most important meal of the day! I love having seasonal breakfast recipes on hand all December long, and these ones are all super nutritious and satisfying ways to start the day. Whether you want something to look forward to after the bustle of Christmas morning or something festive to enjoy leading up to the big day, I've got the goods!
One of the most satisfying parts about wintertime is sitting down with a tasty drink and good company! Here are my favorite seasonal drinks, from grown-up beverages to classics like hot chocolate and eggnog, all made totally vegan. These have everyone in the room saying, "Well maybe just a half a drink more!"
Soups, Salads, & Appetizers
There's nothing like a soup, salad, or appetizer to get your favorite people gathered in the kitchen laughing and snacking! Even though they aren't the main event, I still think delicious appetizers and sides set the tone for a special holiday evening with loved ones.
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Candied Pecans, Green Apples, & Pomegranates
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus
- Creamy Vegan Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Roasted Garlic, Easy Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Sweet Potato Rounds with Vegan Ricotta & Toasted Walnuts
- Walnut Crusted Roasted Delicata Squash
- Hemp Seed-Crusted Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Green Tahini Sauce
- Dijon Chickpea Fritters
- Instant Pot Vegan Mushroom Risotto
Roasted veggies just might be my superpower! I honestly think that I can take any vegetable, roast it with a little seasoning and maybe a hint of maple, and make it explode with flavor. Even lesser-beloved veggies like Brussels sprouts taste amazing when cooked right! These are my tried-and-true recipes for veggies in every color of the rainbow.
- Maple Roasted Cauliflower
- Crispy Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Restaurant-Style Sautéed Mushrooms
- Maple Sugar Roasted Kabocha Squash
- Herb Roasted Root Vegetables
- No-Fuss Seasoned Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Crispy Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Maple Glazed Sautéed Carrots
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
Classic Holiday Sides
Let's talk classics. From what I hear, a lot of the favorites from Thanksgiving work perfectly at Christmas dinner, so if you tried one in November that was a big hit...I say to do a repeat! These Vegan Christmas Recipes have all the nostalgia of your favorites, but they're made without meat, dairy, eggs, soy, or refined sugar. Enjoy!
Vegan Christmas Recipes for Main Dishes
Cooking around the holidays is one of the most comforting and nostalgic times to be in the kitchen! I get a lot of questions about navigating this as a vegan since a lot of traditional main dishes are centered around meat. As a total pasta lover, I think incorporating fall/winter flavors like squash and sage into a pasta dish is a wonderful way to make a holiday dinner! Colorful, festive dishes like stuffed acorn squash also look beautiful on the table.
Gluten-Free Christmas Cookies
Christmas cookies! It's a classic part of the season. I love seeing pictures of little ones leaving a plate of cookies out for Santa on Christmas Eve. If you want Santa to have some vegan and gluten-free options, these are the recipes for you! These would also make a delicious assortment on a holiday plate delivered to neighbors.
- Sugar Cut-Out Cookies
- Soft-Baked Gingersnap Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Vegan & Paleo Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Cranberry & Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Snickerdoodles
- Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Almond Flour Cookies with Flaked Sea Salt
- Classic Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Vegan Christmas Desserts
Everyone I know goes all-out when it comes to Christmas desserts! I love seeing the assortment of sweet treats that have become tradition in each family. Even though we celebrate Hanukkah, I love the classic flavors of the season: pumpkin, maple, pecan, peppermint...it's all so delicious! Here are the desserts my family looks forward to all year long.
- No-Bake Vegan & Paleo Pecan Pie Bars
- Easy Maple Cinnamon Vanilla Baked Pears
- Vegan Dessert Shooters
- Easy 5-Ingredient Peppermint Patties
- No-Bake Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- Olive Oil Sweet Potato Brownies with Almond Butter Swirl
- Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles
- Fudgy Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free Protein Brownies
Frosting & Spreads
The easiest way to make a snack or breakfast feel special on a holiday is with a drizzle of something sweet! Vanilla icing, caramel sauce, vegan Nutella, or coconut whipped cream are some of my absolute staples and my kids get so excited when their morning oatmeal or smoothie has a little sweet garnish. These are also perfect for your holiday pies and baking!
Easy Homemade Gifts
I love a homemade gift...but December is hectic enough as is, so the easier the better! Grab a jar, fill it with one of these recipes, and add some pretty ribbon and a heartfelt note on top. Just like that, you've got the perfect gift for neighbors, teachers, and friends!
- Homemade Peppermint Body Scrub
- Easy Homemade Sugar Scrub
- Spiced Lentil & Split Pea Soup in a Jar
- Easy Vegan Maple Pecan Granola
- Healthy Maple Candied Pecans
I hope these recipes help you celebrate a very delicious Christmas! Even as a Jewish family, we love the magic of the holiday season and seeing all of the different traditions in every home and community. Please tag me on Instagram so I can see the food you're making, and have a very merry Christmas!