It’s time to build a Thanksgiving menu! My Ultimate Vegan and Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup is here to help, whether you’re creating an entire plant-based meal or adding options for guests with allergies. This post is filled with absolutely delicious appetizers, sides, main dishes, and desserts, all made without dairy, eggs, gluten, soy, or refined sugar!
As a food blogger, there is nothing I love more than a holiday centered around a really delicious meal! Even though I don’t eat turkey, I still love to go all out and make a table full of traditional dishes with plenty of leftovers for the week after Thanksgiving. This Ultimate Vegan and Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup has all of my favorites in one place! I started with breakfast and worked my way through to create a complete guide for everyone’s favorite November meal…all completely vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and totally tasty! We even did Our Small-Group 2020 Thanksgiving Menu using these recipes.
In this post you’ll find…
- Soups & Salads
- Classic Side Dishes
- Main Course
- Roasted Veggies
My go-to breakfast is always a smoothie! I love them so much I even wrote a cookbook filled with favorites. Having a seasonal smoothie is the best way to get into a Thanksgiving mood without spoiling your appetite! My whole family loves this Pumpkin Bread recipe, and it’s perfect for snacking later on for anyone who has trouble waiting for dinner to be ready. The apple muffins are a great make ahead and freezer friendly option if you want to start the day without any mess!
Thanksgiving Day Appetizers
Appetizers while entertaining are a must, but they shouldn’t overshadow the big meal or steal anyone’s appetite. This section of the Vegan Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup is filled with recipes that fit the bill! I also love hors d’oeuvres that pull double duty, too…Maple Candied Pecans work as both an appetizer and a salad topping.
- Sweet Potato Rounds with Vegan Ricotta and Toasted Walnuts
- Healthy Maple Candied Pecans
- Sweet and Spiced Roasted Chickpeas
- Garlic Pumpkin Hummus or Maple Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus with Easy Almond Flour Crackers
- Sweet and Salty Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Dijon Chickpea Fritters
- Vegan Whipped Feta with Easy Almond Flour Crackers
Having a holiday centered around gratitude is really beautiful, and the idea of sharing the things you’re thankful for before a “Cheers!” and digging into your meal always warms my heart. These bubbly spritzers would be perfect to pair with dinner, and my Spiced Apple Cider is a warming, delicious drink that I love to enjoy later in the evening as I’m winding down.
Soups & Salads
Soups and salads aren’t typically the stars of the show at Thanksgiving dinner, but these ones are so colorful and delicious, they just might be! I like making enough so that I have leftovers for lunch the next day when I’m craving something lighter. Meal prep tip: having Easy Creamy Vegan Tahini Sauce in the refrigerator makes preparing salad dressings a breeze!
- Thanksgiving Kale Salad with Maple-Tahini Dressing
- Best Creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Roasted Garlic
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Apple Arugula Salad with Candied Walnuts, Dates, & Feta
- Pecan-Encrusted Delicata Squash & Quinoa Salad
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Candied Pecans, Green Apples, and Pomegranates
- Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup (you could also try Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup!)
- Easy Vegan Blender Pumpkin Soup
Classic Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Mashed potatoes, casseroles, cranberry sauce…it’s all SO good and so nostalgic! It wouldn’t be a Vegan and Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup without them. These Thanksgiving side dishes are just as good as the classics I grew up with, all made without dairy, gluten, or refined sugar.
This is the one that everyone worries about when it comes to a vegan Thanksgiving dinner. While I don’t have a vegan turkey on the site, I do have main dishes that are super filling, plant-based, and of course…absolutely delicious. These favorites will fill your table with color!
What’s your favorite veggie? Mine is, well…all of them! I love seeing the rainbow of colors that grow straight from the ground and finding delicious ways to prepare them. Most of the time that means roasting! This is my favorite way to bring deep, rich flavor to vegetable side dishes, and these sides add loads of nutrition to your Thanksgiving dinner table. Once I started adding veggies to the Vegan Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup I couldn’t stop!
- Herb-Roasted Root Vegetables
- Easy Whole Roasted Rainbow Carrots Over Hummus with Herb Tahini Sauce
- Hemp Seed-Crusted Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Green Tahini Sauce
- Crispy Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Maple Roasted Cauliflower
- Garlic & Chive Roasted Vegetables
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
- Restaurant-Style Sautéed Mushrooms
- Walnut-Crusted Roasted Delicata Squash
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Easy Maple Glazed Sautéed Carrots
- Crispy Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- No-Fuss Seasoned Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Mini Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic & Herb Vegan Aioli
Once the dishes are done after the big meal, it’s time to pull out something sweet to munch on while everyone visits. I’ve managed to make naturally sweetened, vegan, and gluten-free versions of most of the classic Thanksgiving desserts, and I look forward to them every year! I make my own Homemade Pumpkin Puree (it can also be done as Pumpkin Puree in the Instant Pot) to use in some of these recipes, a process that’s surprisingly simple and produces the most flavorful, bright puree you’ve ever seen. I hope you enjoy the sweetest part of my Vegan Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup!
- No-Bake Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Vegan Apple Crisp
- No-Bake Vegan & Paleo Pecan Pie Bars
- Classic Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Olive Oil Sweet Potato Brownies with Almond Butter Swirl
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- Cranberry & Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
- Some sweet dessert toppings: Instant Vegan Caramel Sauce, Easy Vanilla Blender Icing, Vegan Vanilla Frosting, and Coconut Whipped Cream