It's time to get every color in the rainbow onto your plate! This roundup of Vegan Rainbow Recipes is bursting with vibrant, natural color and foods that look as good as they taste.
Whenever I brainstorm the best way to get people excited about plant-based eating, one word comes to mind: color. I think eating colorfully makes your plate look more exciting, and it also ensures you're getting a variety of nutrients! The healthiest meals I know are absolutely bursting with bright, vibrant colors that come straight from fruits and veggies. This roundup of Vegan Rainbow Recipes has my favorite dishes that are shining with every color!
I have soups in almost every color of the rainbow, but these ones have them all! My favorite way to turn soup into a meal is to top it with a plant-based protein like my Savory & Salty Pecan Crumble or Sweet and Spiced Roasted Chickpeas.
The produce aisle is filled with every color of the rainbow, and so are these recipes featuring some of the best and brightest veggies!
My favorite salads have a balance of sweet and savory flavors with some chewy and crunchy texture contrast as well. These colorful, veggie-packed recipes are some of my favorites, and I love how they look on the plate!
It's easy to make a colorful pasta dish...just add veggies! Pasta provides the perfect base for many of my favorite dinners. It's also a wonderful way to introduce new veggies to little ones! Pairing something new with something they're already familiar with (pasta) makes them a little more likely to take those first bites.
Produce in Every Color
I have so many colorful recipes that I had to do a shoutout of my favorite in each color! These recipes are totally dye-free and get all of their incredible, vibrant color straight from Mother Nature. This is a really fun way to make food in a child's favorite color or simply introduce new things at the dinner table!
- Red: Vegan Enchilada Stuffed Bell Peppers, Roasted Veggie Tomato Sauce
- Orange: Easy Maple Glazed Sauteed Carrots, Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
- Yellow: Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash, Maple Sugar Roasted Kabocha Squash
- Green: Simple Sauteed Broccoli with Garlic, Roasted Green Cabbage with Green Tahini Sauce, Crispy Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Blue: Frozen-Inspired Smoothie Bowl, Easy Red, White and Blueberry Salad
- Purple: Easy Sesame Garlic Sauteed Purple Cabbage, Vegan Beet Tzatziki Salad
These snacks and treats are some really fun and colorful ways to bring the rainbow into your day! The Rainbow Sheet Cake just might be one of the brightest and happiest recipes on my site, and my kids request a full day of Birthday Cake-themed treats when it's their special day.
A Rainbow of Smoothies!
I have so many smoothies on my site that there's one in every color! Check out my Ultimate Vegan Smoothie Recipe Roundup for delicious smoothies in every color and flavor. My favorites are nutritious, filling smoothies that taste like dessert!
More Resources and Roundups
- Top Recipes of 2021, Top Recipes of 2020, Top Recipes of 2019, Top Recipes of 2018
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe Roundup
- Pantry Staples That Do It All: Quinoa
- Meal Plans (with breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, desserts, and shopping lists!): Winter Meal Plan, Fall Meal Plan, Summer Meal Plan, Spring Meal Plan
- Ultimate Vegan Football Food Roundup: Recipes for Game Day!
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Recipes From Around the World
- 70+ Vegan Chocolate Recipes
- Pantry Staples That Do It All: Black Beans
- Plant-Based, Gluten-Free Meal Prep: Foods I Make Every Week
- 115+ Vegan Blender Recipes
- The Pantry Staple That Does It All: Chickpeas