Smoothies in the fall? I say YES, it can be done! These Fall Smoothies bring all the flavor of your favorite season into one glass. They're all totally vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free.
Call me crazy, but I think smoothies are the perfect breakfast or snack year-round! These Fall Smoothies are all vegan (no dairy!) and made without refined sugar, gluten, soy, or peanuts. They're a perfect start to Halloween or Thanksgiving Day when you want something nutritious before all of the holiday candy and big meals. I also love that if you live somewhere hot, you can enjoy the seasonal flavors even while it's still warm outside! These smoothies can all be prepped ahead of time and frozen in a freezer-safe bag! Just wait to add the plant-based milk until it goes in the blender.
Smoothies in the Fall
Even though the mornings are cooler, I still love drinking a smoothie for breakfast. I always do a warm drink in one hand and a smoothie in the other...it sounds weird but it totally works! You can usually find me with a mug of herbal tea, a Turmeric Golden Milk Latte, or a Hot Chocolate. I also recently made an Easy Homemade Pumpkin Milk that makes the tastiest caffeine-free vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte! My kids go crazy for it.
More warm beverage ideas:
My Favorite Smoothie Staples
Let's talk smoothie staples! These are the ingredients you'll see me using over and over again in these recipes. If you have these basic things on hand, you can make all kinds of smoothie varieties! Each one is super intentional because of the nutrition, flavor, and texture they add to the recipes.
- Frozen riced cauliflower - This is my go-to hidden veggie. You cannot taste it at all (promise!), but it adds so much nutrition and creamy, frozen texture to your smoothies.
- Slivered almonds - Raw, unsalted, blanched, slivered almonds are the kind I always keep in my pantry for smoothies. This is awesome for plant-based protein and creamy thickness!
- Dates - I grab pitted Medjool dates to use as a natural sweetener. Dates have tons of fiber, which is great for digestion, and they're naturally caramelly and juicy.
- Plant-based milk - Unsweetened almond milk is my go-to! You can make your own with my recipe for The Best Homemade Almond Milk, and I also have recipes for How to Make Oat Milk and Easy Homemade Cashew Milk.
- Nut butter - I love raw, creamy, unsalted almond butter in many of my smoothies. If you're nut-free, use sunflower seed butter or even pumpkin butter or tahini!
Smoothies that Taste Like Pie
Pumpkin pie, apple pie, sweet potato pie...all of your favorite desserts are on the menu! These fall smoothies taste just like a slice of pie, but they're all totally vegan and nutritious enough to feel incredible after the last sip (or spoonful!).
Fall Flavored Smoothies
I love the cozy, comforting flavors of fall! Cinnamon, vanilla, maple, cranberry...it's all so nostalgic and warming. These smoothies are simple, flavorful, and sure to put a smile on your face and first drink.
Candy-Inspired Smoothie Recipes
Fall means Halloween, and Halloween means candy! I just had to turn a few of the classic candies that we all know and love into smoothies. My kids absolutely freak out when they get a breakfast smoothie that tastes like candy!
I think there should be a chocolate smoothie in EVERY recipe roundup! If fall has you craving something decadent and filled with chocolate, these are the smoothies for you. Each one is filled with vegan chocolate flavor to satisfy all your chocoholic cravings without any refined sugar. YUM!
Smoothie Ingredients to Make at Home
- Homemade Raw Creamy Almond Butter adds plant-based protein to any smoothie, and the nutty flavor is so tasty.
- Plant-based milk is surprisingly easy to make in your own kitchen! Check these posts for The Best Homemade Almond Milk, How to Make Oat Milk, and Easy Homemade Cashew Milk.
- Instant Vegan Caramel Sauce and Healthy Homemade Nutella - A drizzle of one of these on top if your smoothie? Heaven.
- Making pumpkin puree at home is SO easy and tastes out of this world! Homemade Pumpkin Puree in the Pressure Cooker and Pumpkin Puree in the Oven
- How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream - My favorite smoothie topping!
If these sound delicious, I have even MORE fall-flavored smoothies in my cookbook, Rock Your Blender. It has smoothies like Chai-Spiced Apple Smoothie, Fall-Spiced Butternut Squash Smoothie, and even a 24-Carat Golden Milk Smoothie with Turmeric! My cookbook is available as an instant-download e-cookbook or a printed copy on Amazon. Please tag me on Instagram if you make any of these recipes; I love cheering you on from my kitchen and seeing your creations. It's also incredibly helpful when you drop a review below for any dishes you make!