Festive, bright, and ready to be enjoyed outside...this Vegan Labor Day Recipe Roundup has every dish you need for a successful holiday! End summer with appetizers, drinks, grilled dishes, and desserts sure to delight.
Labor Day is the first Monday in September, a holiday created to celebrate social and economic achievements of American workers. In addition, it's become the unofficial signifier of the end of summertime as well. For this reason, a lot of people organize barbecues, pool days, and time in the sunshine! It's a perfect last hurrah before we settle into fall and Back to School routines. This Vegan Labor Day Recipe Roundup puts all the dishes you need in one place! You'll find:
- Appetizers + Sides (Potato and Pasta Salads, and Veggie Salads)
- Cooking Out: Recipes for the Grill
- Treats and Frozen Desserts
- Red, White, and Blue Recipes (so festive!)
I think the quickest way to my heart just might be a fresh batch of homemade salsa or hummus with chips! In addition, I've also got fruit dip, onion dip, and even a watermelon pizza. I love the variety! Above all, appetizers keep everyone snacking and happy while the grill heats up!
Sides: Potato and Pasta Salads
Potato and pasta salads are a must-have at any summertime barbecue or potluck. I love dishes like this because they're a delicious side, but they're filling enough to save leftovers for lunch the next day! In other words, you might want to make a double batch of these. Just saying!
More Sides: Veggie Salads
When it comes to veggie salads it's all about balance! I've cracked the code to a salad that keeps people coming back for seconds. First, a balance of sweet and savory flavors. Second, a little crunch. Finally, a great homemade dressing! Each one of these salads checks those boxes, which makes them instant winners.
- Red White and Blueberry Salad
- Mango-Avocado Quinoa Salad with Toasted Pepitas
- Garlic Cilantro Lime No Mayo Coleslaw Recipe
- Vegan Beet Tzatziki Salad
- Vegan Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Easy Southwester Jicama Veggie Slaw
- Vegan Summer Slaw
- Broccoli Salad with Avocado
- Creamy Vegan Cucumber Salad with Dill and Red Onion
- Vegan Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Watermelon Avocado Mint Feta Salad
- Vegan Apple Arugula Salad with Candied Walnuts, Dates, & Feta
- Sauces and dressings: Chermoula Sauce, the Best Creamy Vegan Poppy Seed Dressing, and Creamy Vegan Garlic Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Horiatiki: Simple Greek Village Salad
Cooking Out: Vegan Labor Day Recipe Roundup for the Grill
You don't have to eat meat to enjoy a fabulous grilled meal! In fact, I fire up the barbecue just as much (if not more!) than my carnivorous friends. Veggies, sweet potato fries, and burgers all taste just a bit better when they're cooked outside, so I had to have a grilling section in the Vegan Labor Day Recipe Roundup.
Drinks: Refreshers, Cocktails and Mocktails!
Cheers! Having an ice-cold drink in hand on a hot day is one of life's simple pleasures. I used fresh fruits and natural sweeteners to make drinks that wow every time. Most importantly, I make mocktail versions for the kids! Everyone's happy!
Cobbler, crisp, crumble, crispy bars, galette, and even cheesecake...the gang's all here! They're all delicious, too! These treat recipes are easy to make ahead of time so they're ready when the sweet tooth strikes. Just don't forget a scoop of Blender Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream!
- Protein-Packed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Blueberry Crumble Bars
- No-Bake Vegan Almond Butter Brown Rice Crispy Treats with Dark Chocolate Shell
- Vegan Paleo Blueberry Galette
- No-Bake Vegan and Gluten-Free Cheesecake
- Vegan Gluten-Free Grilled Peach Cobbler
- Easy Vegan Apple Crisp
- Vegan Chocolate Pudding (No-Cook and No-Avocado!)
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Pool days are 10x better when there's a frosty, frozen treat waiting. Everyone gets stars in their eyes when you start talking about popsicles or snow cones. These desserts are so yummy you won't have to worry about them melting because they'll be devoured before that happens!
- 2-Ingredient Strawberry Sorbet
- Vegan "Nutella" Fudge Pops (with Healthy Homemade Nutella!)
- Easy Dairy-Free Dole Whip
- Easy Homemade Mango Sorbet
- Key Lime Pie Bars
- Lemon Bars
- No-Churn Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Healthy and Creamy Key Lime Pie Popsicles
- Berries and Cream Popsicles
- No-Churn Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Blender Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Homemade Dye-Free Strawberry Snow Cones
- Easy Watermelon Popsicles
Red White & Blue
It's an American holiday, so I had to have a section of patriotic recipes in this Vegan Labor Day Recipe Roundup! Make sure to have a red, white, and blue dish on the table for a perfect picnic.
I hope you make and love these delicious vegan and gluten-free Labor Day recipes! If you do, then please tag me on Instagram so I can cheer you on in your holiday cooking. Don't forget to drop a review on any dishes you're especially fond of!