You are going to fall in love with this silky smooth and perfectly flavored lime, cilantro, garlic sauce. It is quick and easy to make and goes great with veggies, bowls, wraps or tacos.
By now, you probably know that I'm a sucker for a slammin' sauce. Sauces can make or break a meal. They are so incredibly important and when I land on a new creation I have to share! This latest sauce creation has the perfect creamy-but-not-too-thick consistency and bold flavor to enhance your dish. I originally made this one as a dressing for coleslaw, but quickly realized it is so versatile. The lime, garlic, cilantro, green onion and maple flavor is going to elevate your tacos, burritos, roasted vegetables, raw vegetables, wraps, sandwiches and grain-bowls. It definitely has a slightly Mexican flavor to it but it isn't spicy so it doesn't overpower anything. I just love it and I know you will too!
To make it, just combine all the ingredients in your blender. You can adjust the thickness of the dressing depending on how you plan to use it by adding more liquid (oil or water).
The vibrant green hue is gorgeous and the taste is next-level delicious. And best of all, it is gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free, vegan, soy-free and peanut-free.
I hope you love this sauce as much as I do. It is so easy and flavorful. If you give it a try, please let me know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, and tag a photo @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook so I can see your creations!Print
This sauce is ultra-creamy without any dairy or mayonnaise. Bold flavor comes from fresh lime juice, olive oil, maple syrup, green onions, fresh cilantro, garlic and salt. The creaminess comes from the blanched and slivered almonds.
It is quick and easy to make - just throw everything into your blender and whiz it up! I love to use it as a raw veggie dip or use in tacos, wraps, salads, grain bowls, cole slaw and burritos.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 limes, juiced
- ¼ cup blanched and slivered almonds (not sliced almonds) OR raw unsalted cashews*
- In a high speed blender, add all ingredients and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy (about 20-30 seconds). Scrape down the sides if needed and blend again to ensure everything is well incorporated.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. You may wish to thin out with more olive oil or water depending on how you plan to use the sauce. For a thicker, creamier sauce, add more slivered almonds.
- Pour into a lidded glass jar and store in your refrigerator for up to five days.
After storing the sauce may thicken up a bit in the refrigerator. If so, you may need to re-blend before using again and thin out with more olive oil or water. To do this you can simply whisk it in without having to use your blender.
You may wish to soak the almonds (or cashews) before blending especially if you do not have a high-speed blender. I sometimes do a quick soak for 30-60 minutes in boiling hot water if I forget to soak overnight before making this sauce.
- Prep Time: 5
Keywords: green, green sauce, condiment, sauce, summer