These creamy, frozen treats make me feel like I'm on a tropical island. They are bursting with zesty, fresh lime flavor and yet sweet and creamy (did I mention they are creamy??) just like key lime pie should be.
They feature just four ingredients: avocado, lime, non-dairy milk and maple syrup (or agave). This means they are 100% raw, vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, healthy and allergy-friendly.
My whole family and all my friends have been loving them all summer long and I'm so excited to finally share them with you. When you bite in to the pops they literally melt in your mouth. They are so refreshing and just the perfect summertime treat.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! If you give it a try please rate it, comment below or tag me in a pic on social media so I can see your pops!
A healthy, dairy-free and gluten-free way to enjoy all the flavors of key lime pie but in frozen form! My whole family (and all my friends) have been loving these this summer. They are easy to make and only require four ingredients.
- 1.5 ripe avocados
- 6 limes, juiced (you can also add the zest of two limes for even more lime flavor)
- ½ cup raw agave or maple syrup
- ¼ cup plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk (such as almond, rice, coconut, hemp)
- In a blender, puree all ingredients until smooth. You may have to scrap down the sides or tap the bottom of the blender to get out any air bubbles. Try to avoid adding more liquid if you can as this will water down the recipe. But if you must you can add a couple splashes of non-dairy milk to get the blender going.
- Pour (spoon) the mixture into your popsicle molds to freeze. This recipe makes 8, 2.5 ounce pops. Tap the molds on the countertop a handful of times once they are full, to try to get rid of all the air bubbles. Insert ice-pop sticks. Freeze until pops are solid and totally frozen (4-6 hours or preferably overnight). Pops will stay good for up to 2 weeks in your freezer.
- Just before serving, briefly run molds under hot water to release pops.
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Category: popsicles
- Cuisine: dessert