This vibrant and seasonal whole roasted carrot side dish is always the center of attention when I serve it. The warm, sweet, soft slow-roasted carrots served over a bed of creamy hummus is just the perfect combination. I drizzled green tahini sauce overtop for an extra pop of herby flavor. I used all parsley in the sauce but you can use any combination of springtime herbs such as dill, mint or chives. You really cannot go wrong with this dish. I also sprinkled pomegranate seeds and hemp seeds on top for added nutrients and texture.
I hope you love this whole roasted carrot dish as much as we have been loving it. My husband said he doesn’t even really like carrots and thinks this is one of his favorite recipes.
Even if you are not cooking for the holidays, this is the perfect hearty side dish that works for any hosting you may have ahead of you.
This recipe is vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free and nut-free. If you give this recipe a try, please tag your pictures @eatingbyelaine / #eatingbyelaine so I can see your creations.Print
This right here is the perfect holiday side dish! While the carrots roast in the oven you can prepare the hummus and green tahini sauce. I hope you enjoy this seasonal recipe as much as we have been!
- 2 pounds (32 ounces) Rainbow Carrots (purple, white, yellow and orange), scrubbed, peeled and trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 batch of my Simplified Israeli Style Hummus
- 1 batch of my Green Tahini Sauce
- More garnish ideas: pomegranate seeds, hemp seeds, roasted and salted pepita seeds (slightly ground), fresh herbs, chopped carrot top greens, flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line two half sheet baking pans with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Place the carrots whole on the baking sheet and toss well with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Divide onto the two baking sheets. Arrange them so there is space between the carrots. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and fork tender. The timing will depend on the size of your carrots so watch closely at the end.
- While the carrots cook, prepare the hummus and green tahini sauce.
- To serve, use a mini spatula or spoon to spread a thin layer of hummus onto your serving platter. Drizzle with olive oil. Arrange the roasted carrots on top of the bed of hummus and drizzle with the green tahini sauce. Add additional garnishes if desired (such as hemp seeds, pepita seeds, pomegranate seeds, freshly chopped herbs and/or flaky sea salt. Season to taste, as desired. Enjoy while carrots are warm.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven Roasted
Keywords: roasted whole carrots
When you try this recipe, use the hashtag #eatingbyelaine on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my stories. Follow Eating by Elaine on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes!
Subscribe to the Eating by Elaine Weekly e-Newsletter and receive simple, nutritious recipes in your inbox every week!
You can visit my Shop page for a complete listing of all my favorite kitchen and cooking products.