Talk about a reset drink: Green-Aid to the rescue! When I need to start fresh, I go for this five-ingredient, easy to make drink. It reboots my systems and literally makes me feel like I’m glowing from the inside out. It more than quenches my thirst and provides loads of beneficial nutrients. I find cucumbers and parsley help to “de-bloat” me and pineapple really aids in my digestion. I’m telling you, this drink just makes your body feel clean and happy.
I use a blender to puree the foods whole: spinach, parsley, cucumber, pineapple and non-dairy milk. Simply blend all the ingredients in my high speed blender, pour and sip (or sometimes gulp)! And this recipe is 100% raw which means you know all the nutrients (including the fiber) are there.
Flavor wise, it is so yummy. The crisp cool flavor of the cucumbers combined with the sweet tropical pineapple works really well together. You end up not tasting any spinach. And, you don’t need to add anything to sweeten it since the pineapple is naturally sweet.
Health Benefits of Cucumber
I love cucumbers and am always try to incorporate them into my meals whenever possible. Their water content is extremely high, which is why the calorie content is so low. A whole cup of sliced cucumbers has about 10 calories. And they are a good source of vitamin C.
Health Benefits of Pineapple
The pineapple is high in vitamin C (one serving provides 50% of what you would need in a day). It naturally sweetens the drink too.
Other fun additions: honeydew, kiwi and fresh mint leaves. Let me know if you give it a try and any fun twists on this recipe!Print
This refreshing drink is hydrating and nutrient dense. It is naturally sweetened and so delicious!
- 1 cup liquid (i.e. water, coconut water, chilled green tea or unsweetened, non-dairy milk)
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup sliced cucumber (skin on)
- 3 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 1 handful fresh parsley (or mint) – stems are okay here
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend from low to high speed until completely smooth. You may need to use your tamper/plunger to get the puree started. Serve immediately.
- Category: Drink
Keywords: green aid drink