This Creamy Minty Wheatgrass Smoothie is so delicious, you would never know it contains wheatgrass (plus a vegetable). All you taste is cool, sweet mint in every frosty and smooth spoonful (or sip!). This plant-based smoothie is easy to make and full of beneficial nutrients.
Creamy Minty Wheatgrass Smoothie
What you need to make this Creamy Minty Wheatgrass Smoothie:
The ingredient list for this smoothie is simple and every ingredient is intentional.
- raw blanched slivered almonds (not sliced)
- vanilla extract
- peppermint extract
- frozen wheatgrass pod (I use WOW Frozen Wheatgrass Juice from Whole Foods)
- zucchini or frozen riced cauliflower - makes it so smooth and creamy and adds more nutrients
- chia seeds - for more dietary fiber, healthy fats, plant-based protein, antioxidants and minerals such as calcium, iron and magnesium
- hemp seeds - for more dietary fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals (zinc, iron and more) and a source of complete plant-based protein
- matcha powder - for more antioxidants and a caffeine boost
- raw baby spinach - provides plant-based iron and sneaks more veggies into this recipe. One serving of raw spinach (½ cup) has only 5 calories and contains calcium and iron plus 60% of your daily vitamin A and 15% of your daily vitamin C.
What is Wheatgrass?
Want more easy nutritious vegan smoothies?
My favorite smoothie recipes are in my smoothie e-book: Rock Your Blender. You can download it instantly here.
Now, let’s make this Vegan Creamy Minty Wheatgrass Smoothie Smoothie!
This easy vegan Creamy Minty Wheatgrass Smoothie recipe is naturally vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, legume-free, paleo-friendly and refined sugar-free so it works well for many types of diets.
I cannot wait for you to give this recipe a try! Let’s rock your blender!Print
Creamy Minty Wheatgrass Smoothie
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 1 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This Creamy Minty Wheatgrass Smoothie is so delicious, you would never know it contains wheatgrass (plus a vegetable). All you taste is cool, sweet mint in every frosty and smooth spoonful. This plant-based smoothie is easy to make and full of beneficial nutrients.
- ½ cup filtered water
- ½ cup raw unsalted blanched slivered almonds (or raw unsalted cashews)
- 4 large pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 small handful of fresh zucchini, chopped (or ¼ cup frozen riced cauliflower)
- 1 frozen wheatgrass pod (WOW Frozen Wheatgrass Juice)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Optional Add-Ins: 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, 1 handful of raw fresh baby spinach and/or ½ teaspoon matcha powder
- Add water, almonds, dates, chia seeds (if using), vanilla, peppermint, zucchini (or cauliflower), and wheatgrass pod to a high speed blender. Blend on low speed and gradually increase to the highest speed. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add one cup of ice and blend for 20 seconds. Add the second cup of ice and blend until smooth and creamy (about 30 seconds). Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
Keywords: Creamy Minty Wheatgrass Smoothie
I grew my own Wheatgrass and I made this for my EXTREMELY picky husband.
He sipped it and is always apprehensive. He shouted, Wow! This is good!!
I’m doing Weight Watchers so I changed it. Used 1 cup almond milk instead of cashews/water, 1 banana instead of dates, and it was crave worthy!! Yummy!!
Elaine Gordon says
Thank you so much, Therese! I'm so happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed this one! It definitely hides the wheatgrass flavor very well 🙂 Best, Elaine