When I dream about the perfect salad (and, yes, sometimes I do that), I think about peppery arugula topped with fresh fruits, candied nuts or seeds and the perfect creamy dressing to bring it all together. This is that salad plus it contains quinoa for added protein. This salad is light and just screams summertime. I am crushing on the combination of sweet and juicy summer stone fruit with tart blackberries. It works. Really well. And then I went ahead and made the perfect summertime dressing to drench on top of all this goodness: Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette. The dressing is sweet, creamy, tart and loaded with flavor to make this salad pop.
This salad serves four comfortably as a side salad. You can easily turn this salad into more of an entree by loading up on even more quinoa and nuts or seeds. I recommend my 3-ingredient Sweet & Salty Roasted Pumpkin Seeds or any store-bought candied nuts (such as pecans or walnuts).
An easy, breezy sweet and juicy summer salad with a tart and creamy strawberry dressing. This refreshing and fun salad is vegan, gluten-free and has a nut-free option.
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup cooked white quinoa (refrigerated or room temperature)
- 1 peach, thinly sliced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup candied walnuts or pecans (roughly chopped) or my Sweet & Salty Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (link to recipe below)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette (link to recipe below)
- Prepare the Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing ahead of time. This dressing can be stored in the refrigerator in advance if desired. See recipe link below.
- If using the roasted pumpkin seeds, prepare in advance and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large salad serving bowl, toss to combine arugula, quinoa, peach slices, blackberries, chopped candied nuts or roasted pumpkin seeds and sliced red onion.
- Just before serving, start by pouring about 3/4 cup of the dressing. Toss the salad with the dressing and taste. Use more dressing if desired.
- Garnish with strawberries and serve onto four plates or bowls. You can make this salad an entree by adding even more quinoa, nuts or seeds. Best served fresh.
Strawberry Balsamic Dressing recipe link below
Sweet & Salty Roasted Pumpkin Seed recipe link below
- Category: Salad