These roasted pumpkin seeds (also known as pepita seeds) are sweet, salty and totally addictive! They are a satisfying and nutrient-dense snack. I also love to use them as a smoothie, salad or soup topping. This recipe is naturally vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and grain-free. I sweetened them with a touch of maple syrup to keep them refined sugar-free too!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Roasted pumpkin seeds are a delicious and healthful snack. They can be enjoyed on their own or sprinkled on top of breakfast cereal, yogurt or oatmeal. I also love to toss them in salads, soups or quinoa dishes for an extra and unexpected salty-sweet crunch.
So, how do you make this healthy seed completely addictive? Just add a little bit of sweetness and a sprinkle of salt (no oil or butter required). These roasted pumpkin seeds will disappear quickly thanks to just a little maple syrup and some salt.
And talk about easy... this recipe can be ready in less than 15 minutes (2 minutes of prep and 10 minutes in the oven) with minimal clean up. That means you are less than 15 minutes away from this incredibly irresistible snack. No fancy cooking techniques are required. Can you measure, pour and stir? Then you got this one.
Healthy Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
One ounce of pumpkin seeds (about a handful) provides 5 grams of plant-based protein and 5 grams of fiber. Plus, they contain heart-healthy fats (omega 3 and omega 6) and offer important minerals including iron and zinc.
Recipes Perfect for Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Vegan Apple Arugula Salad with Candied Walnuts, Dates and Feta (replace the candied walnuts with the roasted pumpkin seeds for a nut-free version)Print
These roasted pumpkin seeds are sweet, salty and totally addictive! They are a satisfying and nutrient-dense snack. I also love to use them as a salad or soup topping. This recipe is naturally vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and grain-free. I sweetened them with a touch of maple syrup to keep them refined sugar-free too!
- 1 cup raw, unsalted pepita seeds
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon fine grain salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl stir to combine pepitas, maple syrup and ½ teaspoon salt until seeds are fully and evenly coated.
- Transfer seeds to parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with extra salt if desired (while hot). Allow to cool before handling the seeds. Enjoy once the seeds have cooled or store in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days or on the counter for up to five days..
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: snack
Keywords: Sweet & Salty Roasted Pumpkin Seeds